62 coaches online • Server time: 18:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TotalBarley

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2016 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I'm new to Blood Bowl. I have only played a few real life games at my local boardgame store and I really took a shine to playing Wood Elves. Not that I was doing any good with them, but I really liked the high risk/high reward kind of gameplay that they offered.

So I've made a team and I am going to put them to the test in ranked later tonight. I am totally expecting my first game to be a total crapshoot, but I mostly care about having fun while playing to be honest.
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2016 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Have fun!
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2016 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL TotalBarley i hope you enjoy it
Dont forget to look into the 145 club (where most new players and some experienced ones get together to mutual teach each other the game in a more friendlier environment

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2016 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

TotalBarley wrote:
Hello, I'm new to Blood Bowl. I have only played a few real life games at my local boardgame store and I really took a shine to playing Wood Elves. Not that I was doing any good with them, but I really liked the high risk/high reward kind of gameplay that they offered.

So I've made a team and I am going to put them to the test in ranked later tonight. I am totally expecting my first game to be a total crapshoot, but I mostly care about having fun while playing to be honest.

A belated welcome to FUMBBL TotalBarley! Always good to see newcomers who like to play for the fun. Novelty rosters is my thing, might be something that interests you too (all zombie teams etc).

If you haven't seen it already, check out the 145 Club. A group for newer coaches to get used to FUMBBL and the game in general. It's just had a slight revamp to tidy up the main group pages, so should be easy to navigate and understand now.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Intak

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2016 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there!

I'm new to FUMBBL. I meet some coachs at the Chaos Cup, they tell me about FUMBBL, so here I am!

I love to play in tournament or open league. Where do I star?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Intak wrote:
Hi there!

I'm new to FUMBBL. I meet some coachs at the Chaos Cup, they tell me about FUMBBL, so here I am!

I love to play in tournament or open league. Where do I star?

Hi dude, and welcome to FUMBBL! There's lot's of ways to get started, depending on how familiar you are with the game.

A lot of newer coaches start with the 145 Club. A group for newer coaches to get used to FUMBBL and the game in general. Even if you've played a lot elsewhere, it's still a good place to start whilst you find your feet with the site. It's just had a slight revamp to tidy up the main group pages, so should be easy to navigate and understand now.

If you're a fairly experienced coach, but just want to understand the site itself a bit better to work out what will suit you, click here for the Welcome to FUMBBL page. This will tell you a bit about the site, the various divisions and should give you a better idea where you can get your fun.

If you have any other questions, or this doesn't really give you the info' you were looking for just ask and we'll do our best to help you.

Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2016 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome to fumbbl!

I don't know your skill level but new coaches usually spend some time in the 145 club to improve their game.
It has both open league and tournaments.
If you feel like playing with the more experienced coaches you can create a team in ranked or blacbox. The major divisions here. Ranked is played through gamefinder where opponents agree on a match. Blackbox has random draws every 15 minutes.

Both have open league as well as tournaments.

Check out the help section.
lemf

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

TotalBarley wrote:

Never got to play and now away for 4 weeks. Probably never see this response either
Intak

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very familiar with Blood Bowl. All a need is some time to understand the FUMBBL and how to play with the game program

I will read tonight and ask some questions after!
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Intak wrote:
I'm very familiar with Blood Bowl. All a need is some time to understand the FUMBBL and how to play with the game program

I will read tonight and ask some questions after!

https://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Intak wrote:

If you just want to accomodate yourself with the java client, you can launch a test game.

Click 'play' next to one of your teams.
Enter a gamename that starts with 'test:', ie test:Intak.
Repeat for a second team of yours with the same gamename.

You are now playing a virtual game vs yourself in hotseat mode. No results (CAS, TD, gold, spp, statistics) will be saved. You can abandon the game at any time.
azurerogue

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all! Brand new coach here (new to BB and to Fumbbl). I'm just joining a local league for table top play and one of the commissioners told me about Fumbbl and I thought I'd check it out.

In other games, I am known (locally) for playing off the wall / odd strategies that often don't work but are fun so I'm aiming to learn to play Goblins "well" (I know they're not a very competitive team) both on here and on the table top. Looking forward to some good/bad/ugly games going forward.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL, azurerogue! It's a really fun site with lots of different divisions and ways to play. Jump in and try a few things to figure out what works best for you. There is a [L]eague division group called 145 Club, which is intended for new coaches. I'm sure you will have some fun with Goblins, although if you want to try something completely different, there is also Stunty Leeg and Secret League (although perhaps not best for completely new players).

Enjoy and feel free to ask if you have any questions Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

azurerogue wrote:
Hi all! Brand new coach here (new to BB and to Fumbbl). I'm just joining a local league for table top play and one of the commissioners told me about Fumbbl and I thought I'd check it out.

In other games, I am known (locally) for playing off the wall / odd strategies that often don't work but are fun so I'm aiming to learn to play Goblins "well" (I know they're not a very competitive team) both on here and on the table top. Looking forward to some good/bad/ugly games going forward.

Welcome to FUMBBL dude Very Happy

Halflings, and strange rosters would possibly work for you too. All linemen rosters can be fun.

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:

Halflings, and strange rosters would possibly work for you too. All linemen rosters can be fun.

I need glasses... I read that as strange roosters and immediately I thought a team full of roosters would be awesome Laughing
Hmmm, wonder if that team name is taken?

anyhow, welcome new coaches! As others have said, jump in and have fun!
 Jump to: