32 coaches online • Server time: 09:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is best way to chat to an opponent on wrong side of dice?
Mention their bad dice as the reason for the current state of the match.
34%
 34%  [ 34 ]
Stay silent in subject of dice. Make minimal messages.
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Try to be funny: e.g. “come on, lets see if you can top those quad skulls on your next turn... ”
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Start fouling their best players to give them something different to think about.
20%
 20%  [ 20 ]
Something else entirely (reply below).
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Offer your opponent some Pie
14%
 14%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 98

Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it most awkward when the dice a fairly even but my opponent is complaining about dice. I always find it interesting to check the dice at the end, just to see if in game bias was effecting me.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Coach you are playing against is a bit of a Noob it is probably best just to exploit his bad dice as best you can. Go all out and kick his team in the nutz for the remainder of the game. He can blame it on bad dice... and you can get your precious win and improve your team. Then he will play you for revenge and have bad dice again... because really he probably was just making poor coaching decisions that he didn't learn from the last time.

If the coach you are playing against is very experienced you should probably tease him a little. Talk about how awesome YOU are playing/Coaching OR talk about that 1 time YOU got totally dice raped and how it was WAY WORSE than what is happening to him. And tell him he should grow up, because it is just a game, and he shouldn't take it so serious, and if he can't handle it he should just move back into his Mom's basement or something and that he doesn't deserve to have such a pretty wife and cool kids like he has because he is a monster over a Board Game.

If he is between these 2 extremes... be afraid. Be very afraid and be quiet. This guy is about to SNAP 1 way or the other. He is going to either accept he had some bad luck and move on. OR he is going to consider hunting you down no matter how many oceans and mountains he has to cross and shove his favorite pair of Block Dice up your nose (or elsewhere).
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a waste of a good pair of block dice.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game a long while back where my skaven were being nearly cleared off the pitch each drive, but fortunately not destroyed completely. My opponent had a great reaction - bet me I couldn't score on the next drive. Still having most of my GR's on the pitch, challenge accepted. It made for a much more fun game - by that point winning the game wasn't going to happen, but the challenge made for some good fun and discussion of the god like nature of GR's. I don't *think* I was whining, but possibly grumbling a bit. It's not like you can complain too much about your AR7 team going splat.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot to mention the 'aw, diddums ..' response. I'd probably be fouling their best players anyway Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

'If you've got dice problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems, but a snake ain't one!' Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
azzie

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dices come, dices go - just remember to play with a smile Very Happy . When you find yourself raging at dices (most of us will at some point) try to take a deep breath and not take it out on your opponent. When your opponent rages try not to take it to heart. Or try playing flings, just flings (just 5 straight sixes for a draw!) Very Happy

Jump to: