23 coaches online • Server time: 08:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2016 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3823959

Pass Block, always Pass Block. Just play against elves, with elves.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Bumping the thread a little bit but my highest scoring matches were with my skaven against wood elves, dark elves and humans, amd I play a pass heavy game I would wager it would have been useful for my opponent in either case

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3766836

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3756008

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3835691

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If the question 'How do I handle those pesky passing elf teams' is something that keeps you up at night, Pass Block should be an early choice. (Well, after getting Tackle, Mb, Blodge, Ss and Dt of course. And only on a high ag player or a catcher. But yeah, an early choice in that case.)
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

A designated player with kick, passblock, tackle to stop people from oneturnsscores would bee abit fun but thats about it. Would love for this skill to get more use as its fun, but as the trowing game is not something that happens alot it needs to change to see more use
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block as skill should be removed, and turned into an Action one of your players can do when your opponent declares a Pass Action.
Since Passing is not very common spending 20 TV and sacrificing a skill slot for a situational skill is not worth.
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass block works best in some leagues, tournaments and closed environments where either adding +20k isn't penalized (non-inducement environments) or where whole league is specialized around ballplay only (pacifist leagues, elfs-only leagues). Also in custom leagues if the pass-block is free skill added to some new/edited positional.

It doesn't shut the passing game but can work either as surprise element (if opponent forgets or didn't mark the guy[s] that has[/have] the skill) or just as a threat ("limitation").

Like someone on page 1 said that even when he has picked that skill he never has got to use it. One reason is that passing isn't that popular to begin with but 2nd reason might be that because of pass block fewer and fewer coaches would attempt it because either interception or adding tz to either passer or catcher means lower change to complete the play.

I think it's ok as a skill. Slann catcher might be best positional to use it (currently the only positional i'm considering taking it.. maybe 4th or 5th skill??).. good if it's free or if one plays in favorable environment.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I propose an equally useful skill called "Itchy Jock." Whenever the opponent throws a block against another team mate, The player with Itchy Jock has the option to go prone & scratch himself.

This is probably more useful.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:

Slann catcher might be best positional to use it (currently the only positional i'm considering taking it.. maybe 4th or 5th skill??).. good if it's free or if one plays in favorable environment.

Slann Catcher lacks core skills, so he must use all the slots he can.
I would build a Catcher with Block, Dodge, Side Step, Sure Hands/Catch, Sprint, Sure Feet, no place for Pass Block.
 Jump to: