21 coaches online • Server time: 03:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

He can afford a Merc with DP or a rookie Merc and a Babe. Or he can replace the AG busted Blitzer.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 22:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

OK.

HE cannot hire a wiz, they cost 150K and he has only 130K, in both cash and inducements.

Merc's are terrible. Journeymen you cant hire afterwards and pay more for(subjectively). Their only real use is to bring skills to the game.

A DP lineman isnt a bad plan, cost 130K, but dp isnt great v dorfs. I'd rule it out.

Babes are good v Dorfs. As you really dont want to be too badly outmanned. 2 babes is a very good choice.

Hiring a lineman and one babe isnt bad either.

2 Linemen is probably a bit bloaty once your Blitzer returns (if no one dies) and second catcher (receiver) is a good idea long term but not so great v Dwarves, well the speed is, but the fragility and dorfs tackle count against.

If I wanted to win this I'd hire a new lineman and use a babe. 2 babes if i thought the other coach was weak.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd follow PCs advice, but why is DP not great vs. dwarfs? Is it thick skull? Is it AV9 (mostly)?

I would be very happy to foul dwarfs with a DP, but without a bribe... well it's really the lack of a bribe that limits the usefulness.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 19:26
FUMBBL Staff

yes, all of that.

DP vs something you can trade it off for (more than likely), and having it off pitch means likely winning the drive, say a wardancer? or a worrysome gutter? then that's a plan.

v one dorf of many where it likely wont break armour without many assists(and then thick skulls keeps it one anyway), and decent chance lose the dp and not the dorf? less good.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well From what I understand from all the advice around : maybe one lineman but mostly use the inducement to my advantage! I'll wait to see exactly how it turns out to be and it will be a game time decision. Babe for a part of the inducement and hoping to have enough for something else

Thanks guys!
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Be sure to let us know what you went with and how the game turned out!
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
yes, all of that.

DP vs something you can trade it off for (more than likely), and having it off pitch means likely winning the drive, say a wardancer? or a worrysome gutter? then that's a plan.

v one dorf of many where it likely wont break armour without many assists(and then thick skulls keeps it one anyway), and decent chance lose the dp and not the dorf? less good.

Right, though my thought with my DPers is usually that I'm fouling a 'worthwhile' target. So not a blocker. If they have well built runners/slayers/blitzers, then it's worth the thought. But more if you simply already have DP on your team, not if you are going to induce a merc with it.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing to check is if you are allowed to take star players or mercs in the final. The rulebook disallows that, but many leagues ignore that rule.

If your team is lacking in block I'd consider firing the injured blitzer and getting a new one. -AG is pretty bad for a human player as you'll often want to dodge or even pick up the ball with him.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
One thing to check is if you are allowed to take star players or mercs in the final. The rulebook disallows that, but many leagues ignore that rule.

If your team is lacking in block I'd consider firing the injured blitzer and getting a new one. -AG is pretty bad for a human player as you'll often want to dodge or even pick up the ball with him.

As of right now.... a Blitzer with mighty blow and -1 AG will be a true hitter and won't see any ball. My catcher stays my primary weapon with +1 MA AND Block! Plus I have a thrower with fend and block and another with accurate. I don,t really mind keeping a blitzes on the LoS just to hit and take shot. Plus 2 lineman have block also. 7 of my 11 player on the field got block.

As for the star player I will see with the other player. Don't remember talking about that!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 22:56
FUMBBL Staff

The only star you could afford is Helmut Wulf. Not a great pick vs dorfs.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
The only star you could afford is Helmut Wulf. Not a great pick vs dorfs.

Well he's better than a DP merc... if you were still thinking about doing that.

Without bribes though... I wouldn't bother with either.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PC speeks wisdom. Having a bench is often the best advantage humans have (along with speed) vs heavy bash teams.

Hire a lino then induce a babe.

I truly hope you have kick because that's a great skill to have vs dorfs.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Is your opponent ALSO a noob? How much has he played?

And exactly how many games have you played at this point? And what teams were you playing against? And how did you beat them... what strategies did you use to win?

The more you can tell us the better we might be able to advise you.

To the guys trying to give advice... REMEMBER this guy is a Noob. Would you do the same thing you are saying YOU would do if you weren't as experienced as you are right now? Would you give different advice if you find out he is or isn't doing certain things you would consider BASIC or STANDARD GOOD BLOOD BOWL?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice...
1) Look for the thread on here about "1 turning". Find out HOW to do that. You have a +MA Catcher and that will help you do it.

2) BUY 2 Linemen... NOT Mercs so that they don't have Loner. Odds are the Dorfs will kill on injure somebody you will need to replace anyway.

3) If you win the coin toss. KICK. And do not field your Catcher. Try to keep him from scoring at all if you can. But by protecting your Catcher and having that extra Lineman on the bench you ought to be able to pull of a 1 Turn Touchdown even if he takes all 8 turns... if he scores before turn 8 you should also be able to score a tying TD.

4) Try to steal the ball and score on him right away. If it works you are in good shape.
If not set your defenders back by 1 square with other defenders stacked behind them to slow his advance.

5a) If you stop his score in the 1st half OR if you are tied try to plan out a way to score after at least 4 turns 5 or 6 if you can.

5b) If you are leading at the half 2 or 3 turn SCORE on him. if you can go up 2-0 after 2 or 3 turns into the 2nd half you ought to be able to hold on for the win.

5c) If you are short on players in the 2nd half SCORE ASAP get your TD... don't get shut out.

6) FORGET ABOUT NEXT SEASON. This is the FINALS. A chance to win a championship, right? (Or am I reading you wrong? Is this just the Final Round.)
WIN THE GAME and WIN the TITLE of CHAMPION. Next season will take care of itself. You have a Human team. Human players are CHEAP and easy to replace while the team is as young as your team is currently.

7) Fire the injured Blitzer. Or keep him if you really want. But... 6spps on the Blitzer you replace him with gets you the same player without the terrible AG2.
 Jump to: