26 coaches online • Server time: 04:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Semitence

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Great legend list ramchop. Definitely need to trim a few hey semi?

I'm planning on rolling some POWS vs you this time instead of 16 turns of pushes, only for your to run through my line to score.
almic85

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

As is my tradition here are my own prescient predictions about how magnificently my team will do this season.

For those that don't like long posts or just think I am a nutter, prepare to scroll past this one.

Southern Warpstone Scavengers – Underworld 1350k/1570k – almic85
SWS are travelling ok after coming back down to earth at the end of last season. Unfortunately we let a couple of lucky wins get to our head and didn’t play well enough against the big hitters at the end o the season to get promoted. This season we face an odd mix of minnow and giant teams, with the goblins, yes you heard that right, filling in the mid-size tier. At the start of the season the smallest TV gap is 70TV and the largest is 960TV with a mean difference of 560TV and amedian of 690TV. What this means for all of our lovely supporters is be prepared for inducements, lots of inducements.
Overall my prediction for the season is to be somewhere in middle of the pack. Optimistically I am predicting 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses, but the start of the season will depend on how well I survive against that massive Nurgle team and the end of the season will depend on how well I survive against all that tackle in the Dwarf team.
Prediction (4-1-2) 4th

Round 1 vs Eau de Toilet – Nurgle 2080k - Irgy
My prediction Win 2-1
Eau de Toilet have been around the block and Irgy knows how to coach with them as shown by his positive win percentage and massive positive cas differential. While he has a lot of block, claw and mighty blow, he is short on tackle so I will be relying heavily on the goblins dodge ability to get them into and out of tight spaces. A TD differential of only 3 means that my best hope to win this game is to stall effectively and keep a TTM up my sleeve. WE still do remember last time though.

Round 2 vs Psych Lab – Skaven 2040k - eganra
My prediction Loss 2-3
I haven’t played these skaven before but they sure do look tough to beat. The one thing I have always had trouble playing against is speed and these guys have it in droves with 3 gutter runners and match record that includes 15 games where they have scored 4 or more TD’s. To add to that they have good block coverage and can outmuscle my gobbos if push comes to shove. Honestly I just have to hope that I don’t get flogged on this one.

Round 3 vs Bribery and Corruption – Goblin 1870k - tussock
My prediction Win 3-2
I finally get to play the other gobbos bouncing around in the SWL after 5 seasons of dodging each other.With very little treasury and the gobbos being a bigger team I should be able to get the advantage with a quick TD and get his secret weapons off the pitch before they can do damage. Assuming I can get them off the field quickly I should be able to out muscle the rest of the gobbos left on the pitch, but it could get exciting if we both start throwing team mates.

Round 4 vs Asha’maniac – Dwarf 2150k - RedMaul
My prediction Loss 2-1
Dwarfs. Dwarfs who can score touchdowns and have more wins than draws and plus strength everywhere. I just don’t see this being pleasant for a team of mutant goblins and rats. Hopefully I survive.

Round 5 vs Banner of the Blackstag – Norse 1500k - Buuface
Draw 2-2
Last time we played we ended up in a 1-1 draw, but he was carrying 3 journeymen that time. This time Buuface has a full team of Norsemen and beasts and it could be a different story. The key will be to get Grumnir off the table, but unless he gets bigger or I get smaller skitter won’t be here to help this time. I am banking on the old reliable TTM to pull off a draw.

Round 6 vs Wildcard Nats – Human 1420k - Patdragon
Win 3-1
Only 11 games played with this team, but they look to be developing along nicely with 2 skills on most blitzers. Patdragon has a good record against Slaan and goblins, which means he might have me covered on this one, but I am banking on his lack of tackle to stop him causing too much damage and my everlasting goblin luck to get me over the line.

Round 7 vs Prancing Unicorns – Orc 2310k - Keothi
Win 3-2
Last time we played I managed to get up for the win against the likes of Luke Skywalker and Obewan Kenobi. This time around I am hoping to do it again. I still think Luke needs to retire from this team for them to rebuild properly and am surprised to see a strong arm troll and two goblins on a team with enough strength to cage up the field properly, but it could lead to some fun having a throw off between us.

Well that is it for my season predictions. I hope you enjoyed reading them and feel free to support/heckle/that's gotta hurt throughout the season.

If you're interested join the Fringe
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think you should just write this as a newpaper article "an exert gives his seasons predictions" and put it in the Channel BB thread.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 23:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team Challenge - Season LXVI

The draw is up. Sadly not quite a full draw. HAND need to work on their popularity. That's three coaches who have snubbed them now Razz

VILLAINS once was an exclusive club. Now they're the biggest Faction in Wastepac. After their whitewash last season, can they be the first to take back to back titles?

Last edited by ramchop on %b %24, %2016 - %03:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you go 4-1-2 you won't likely finish 4th, but otherwise entertaining write up

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 23:33
FUMBBL Staff

indeed. 4-1-2 can get you to Prem sometimes \o/
polemarch

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2016 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Just because if almic85 can do it, so can I. Also it is Friday night in the Chicago suburbs I and I dont have anything better to do Wink

Polemarch's SWL Season LXVI predictions for the ❄︎❆❅RUSTY Fluffy Stuff❅❆❄︎

Game 1. V Public Service Announcement LOSS 3-1
The only thing that might save me is Night Patrol and the Sound of Silence injurying themselves on their first blocks and leaving the PSA with no tackle. Have to remember to recruit a new mummy before the game and a new one before the next game too. Also it is hard to believe that I have a winning record against Daudy, so the pressure will be on him to even things up and 1/2/1 it.

Game 2. V Office Rats LOSS 2-1
Lots of white stuff will be flung all around the pitch chasing rats running here and there. The pitch will be littered with bones and blood splatter. Alas a piece of pure Skaven arse will steal a win from a certain draw.

Game 3. V Redgum's Revolutionaries LOSS 2-1
There is absolutely no reason in the world while the ❄︎❆❅White Fluffy Stuff❅❆❄︎ shouldn't totally paste this pact team into oblivion. Therefore Nuffle will send the Revolutionaries to an early 2-0 lead and rip a hard fought draw out of the grasping claws of the Fluffys on a turn 16 GFI for a TD.

Game 4. V Compare the Meerkat LOSS 5-0
Well I can never seem to beat Tomay and he even rigs the CBBA preparation games so that my teams concede against his to make my win/loss record against him even worse. By the time we play he is bound to have 4 more stat freaks and a CPOMBer who will unravel both mummies. If I could schedule this game for when I was going to be in the US and make Tomay play at 3am in the morning I would, but alas I will be at home crying torrents over the keyboard.

Game 5. V Steaked DRAW1-1
Jevouse should be looking at this match up and licking his lips. By the time we play the Steaked will be back at full strength and wanting a nice SPP fest to gain a few more skills before the URN. Alas Jevouse can only beat me with smelly, cheating Ook Ooks and will choke at the last moment and wonder why we couldnt win with a real team.

Game 6. V New World Winers and Diners LOSS 3-1
Yikes a vampire player who can coach them infinitely better than me. The game will be 3-0 in the NWWD's favour until a sudden rush of 1s results in two turns of OFAB and the Fluffys struggle over the line for a turn 15 TD.

Game 7. V Urban Nightmare WIN 4-0
In a last gasp attempt to avoid relegation, the Fluffys will have the best time of their undead lives. Every dice will count and a nightmare of unimaginable proportions will be visited upon the Urban Nightmare. Poor Wex will not be able to sleep properly until season LXVII commences and he debates where or not to retire his team full of mained warriors and crippled beastmen.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2016 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabre Morticians (Undead - tribalsinner)

Should be under FOUL not VILLAINS right?

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
polemarch

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2016 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have thought so... I am FOUL.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2016 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Villains transcend mere racial restrictions. tribal is definitely a Villain. It was decided many moons ago at a secret meeting. We may be Villains, but we're not racist Razz

I don't mind personal season overviews. Reminds me of the brief trend many seasons ago where people would post their season goals here. I remember mine were something like improve my defence more and concede 3 or less TDs in one Prem season, go undefeated in Prem, and so on.

polemarch wrote:

Game 1. V Public Service Announcement LOSS 3-1
The only thing that might save me is Night Patrol and the Sound of Silence injurying themselves on their first blocks and leaving the PSA with no tackle. Have to remember to recruit a new mummy before the game and a new one before the next game too. Also it is hard to believe that I have a winning record against Daudy, so the pressure will be on him to even things up and 1/2/1 it.

Hah it's true, PSA has never beaten a Poley team. Two draws against the Slann and Vamps, and a loss in Ranked with my zons while you were playing... Undead!

Those two players would be big losses, but I was saying to Bobs the other day, everyone always forgets about The Violent Tango! He even scored equal highest cas/spp in the Bob Cup feasting on dodgy squishies. PSA has 4 tackles, aka 80k of wasted TV against other rocks (just kidding, but you know how it is...).

Hide yo kids, hide yo ghouls, rae I'm coming for you! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2016 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonga Wonga Whalekillers v Horrors of Skye
Wed 10pm SWL time

Both teams return to action after time away from the league. This will be the 7th encounter between the two teams.

Historically Nuffle's scales have tipped the Necros way, having a 3-2-1 wdl record against the Norse in the Skye-Wonga derby.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone, had some downtime and made another video:
https://youtu.be/62F088PZZeM

The next game against 404 won't load, a real shame as it was the best one!

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 22:20
FUMBBL Staff

Is there going to be a Black Pearl vote this season?
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A classic trap game coming up for the Asha'men as the 1st place dwarves take on the 3rd placed goblins Bribery and Corruption . In Classic redmaul scheduling conflict stylez it's at 8:30 Wednesday when we have interstate house guests.

Drink with me. Change your face, be happy.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Is there going to be a Black Pearl vote this season?

Probably not. Carl and I are very busy. Happy for you to run it if you want?

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: