75 coaches online • Server time: 22:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Is your opponent ALSO a noob? How much has he played?

And exactly how many games have you played at this point? And what teams were you playing against? And how did you beat them... what strategies did you use to win?

The more you can tell us the better we might be able to advise you.

To the guys trying to give advice... REMEMBER this guy is a Noob. Would you do the same thing you are saying YOU would do if you weren't as experienced as you are right now? Would you give different advice if you find out he is or isn't doing certain things you would consider BASIC or STANDARD GOOD BLOOD BOWL?

So we should give bad advice because we should assume the guy isn't experienced enough to use good advice?

I mean short of giving a crash course in tactics or even basics he's just asking about how to manage his 130k inducement money, and the advice of lineman + babe is solid for any skill level.

Sure there was a question about why PC doesn't think DP is worth buying on a merc vs. dwarfs, but the discussion around that never suggested that he take a DP merc.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

No. You should give good advice.
But if the guy doesn't know how to use the advice you give him properly because it is too advanced the advice is useless to him.

Knowing how much HE and HIS OPPONENT might know could be critical. Do they know how to Cage properly? Has he ever seen Skaven play effective Ball Stealing Defense? Does he know how to play a 1 Back Defense? Does he understand fouling assists and who to target? Is his opponent new enough to expose his AV8 guys to be gang fouled?

Plus when I responded it was thought he COULD hire a Wizard. I only heard he couldn't after my post. His options reduced greatly after that.
Fallen13a

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm noob yes but I understand basic concept about cages, defense etc etc My opponent is way more experienced than me and he use it to is advantage tonight.

I had a bad start ... first block of the night with my ogre.... double skull! Push my luck to use a RR....loner. Turnover. So basically lost my first turn and a RR.

Still manage to score a TD at turn 5. My opponent with a couple of good roll manage to score a TD at the last turn of the half. I had a good def but I found the little tiny hole and score

he then manage a long 7 turn drive to score a TDfor the second half

Lost 2-1! I had a shot with 2 turn left in the game to tie it all but he got perfect defense at kick off so....

I took a second Apo and an extra lineman. Been useful! Brought back my catcher and my ogre!

But! Let's be honest... dices weren't on my side. Maybe my first 5 or 6 block I did at 2 dice I had either a double skull, double both down or one of each. I think "my dice" allow me to really put down 10 dwarf the entire game. Most of my dice were just push back. Luck wasn't on my side lol My opponent have 4 dwarf with gard and really use it wisely. Just to give you an idea of the dice we were throwing tonight.... took 5 3dices roll for him to put down my catcher!

The ref of the game (lot and lot of experience... very skilled) told me after the game that I underuse my blitzers and that I had a couple of flash of "genius" but I'm still learning and I need to see more the field as a whole rather than split it in little fights like I do.

I like to see that I lost a chess match to a better player. We had a 0-0 and I lost another 2-1 to him this season but this time he had the edge

Anyway... Thanks to you all I will keep reading here and trying to learn how to get better!
Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes you learn more from a loss than you would from a win.
Like always get 3dice with big guys (need 2 assists vs st3) and manage your rerolls wisely (i seldom reroll in the first turn unless it's catastrophic).
Anyway a close loss with humans vs an experienced dorf coach is nothing to be ashamed of. At all.

Chin up. If you did this good with clumsy humans there's no telling what you may do once you unleash the power of the elf roster!!
Fallen13a

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Sometimes you learn more from a loss than you would from a win.
Like always get 3dice with big guys (need 2 assists vs st3) and manage your rerolls wisely (i seldom reroll in the first turn unless it's catastrophic).
Anyway a close loss with humans vs an experienced dorf coach is nothing to be ashamed of. At all.

Chin up. If you did this good with clumsy humans there's no telling what you may do once you unleash the power of the elf roster!!

Actually.... 2 other coaches might join the league. Both are noob too. If one wanna take the human I already have a dark elf team ready to roll.... different tougher but sound fun too!
Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude. Dark elves are inferior species of elves. Pro elves are the only race a sensible and talented coach like you should consider.
Think about it:
Masks
Nerves of steel
Easy access to the everimportant av6 lineman
Only 80k for a dp lineman
Did i say they wear masks?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

No Leap but Break nevertheless hastily agree! (Except Nerves of steel. They do have a kind, but not the bbowl skill!)