40 coaches online • Server time: 17:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You lucky lil freak
+MA
45%
 45%  [ 41 ]
+AV - Turtle turtle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side Step - That Mummy is everywhere
18%
 18%  [ 17 ]
Jump Up - Stay Back!
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Diving Tackle - Just try to run away, little man
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Pie - The cake is a Lie
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 91

pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

SS. for the funs

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm can't see Side Step really, DT followed by SF would be better if you want to go that route imo. I would go +MA then Break Tackle. Tackle is a very good choice, too.
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Hm can't see Side Step really, DT followed by SF would be better if you want to go that route imo. I would go +MA then Break Tackle. Tackle is a very good choice, too.

Tackle or MA, but after either the next pick needs to be break tackle.

Side step is funny, but meh, how often does he get blocked anyway? And there is always stand firm at some point.

Diving tackle?

Seriously? How does that actually have any usefulness at all?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle without Tackle sucks.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2016 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma
see if you can beat my mummies records:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8933610

all time most rushing yards on a mummy.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

While I'm thinking on skilling the mummy, I have 3 good zombies I can cut to replace with a pair of wights and a ghoul for tourney purposes. Would probably trim at least one more zombie for a second ghoul if I go that route, but not sure which skilled zombie to replace.
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends if you like those modern fast undead (like Resident Evil),or the more shambling types, like Dawn of the Dead.

Oscar Wilde
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MA, SS or DT are all fine, likely in that order. DT would be higher up with a touch more speed.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go Diving Tackle. The lack of Tackle makes it not ideal but you can plan around that if need be.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle all the way!!! with grab on his next roll (assuming its not another double/ stat)

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience, mummies do not win games for you. Your wights and ghouls win games. You will cycle through ghouls regularly since they do not regen. Ghouls to carry the ball. Wights to deliver a punch where you want it. Mummies for roadblocks.

Go with more movement to make the mummy more of a threat. Without break tackle they will both simply be pounding on linemen all game.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick note to those saying that break tackle will be more effective on the ST6 Mummy: I think any big guy with dodge has got to try to get break tackle ASAP, yes break tackle will be super on the other guy but the dodge rr makes a big difference. That's for the next skill though for now.

I am not fussed on ss when sf is a normal, yes ss can be annoying but you can also push a sidestepper away from marking a key player with a couple of assists, you can't with sf (unless juggs of course).

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why Jump up isn't selected more here.
To me it opens up a lot of nice combinations, Particularly when you are facing Chaos and losing.
Mummy falls, Jump up moves back into the line.
Mummy gets blocked by critter, mummy jumps up and probably squashes critter.
Mummy gets hit by a rock/fireball/whatever at start of game. Mummy back into action 1 turn sooner.

I like DT, but lets face it on MV3 without JU it doesn't make sense. Tackle + SF gets a solid blocker in position that can't players can't easily run away from. Tackle+DT gets an incredible person trap on MV3, but once on the ground players can run away from him easily.

JU means the fallen player is a threat next turn. with Break tackle it means a fallen mummy can move 3 squares when marked. I doubt you are going to face much elf or that players will move their ball carriers next to the mummy. But hey JU is easy to rule in or out... How often does this guy fall during a game?

He will be awesome whatever you pick. With Dodge and probably a next skill of BT you have a massive blitzer.... Tackle, +mv and JU all fit that bill.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:
I don't understand why Jump up isn't selected more here.
To me it opens up a lot of nice combinations, Particularly when you are facing Chaos and losing.
Mummy falls, Jump up moves back into the line.
Mummy gets blocked by critter, mummy jumps up and probably squashes critter.
Mummy gets hit by a rock/fireball/whatever at start of game. Mummy back into action 1 turn sooner.

All these situations are not common, the chance of an ST5 blodge mummy spending much time on the floor is pretty small so jump up would barely get used. When would he use it vs a game vs elves? +MA will likely get used in every half of every game, probably many times.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2016 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle runs the risk of putting him on the ground waiting for the boot.
Jump Up with AG1 means a 4+ to block from the ground.
SS isn't enough better than SF to waste a doubles roll on, IMO.

I'd go +MA and then BT as the next skill.
 Jump to: