77 coaches online • Server time: 22:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to choose?
+MA for oneturning
54%
 54%  [ 35 ]
Mighty Blow for kill all menz
43%
 43%  [ 28 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fire him because he makes me think too hard
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Pie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 64

wobbegong

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My +MA werewolf rolled 5+5. Here is the team:https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=850780.
My thoughts were Mighty Blow or +MA, and I'm torn between these two, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow! Actually i deny all movement / armor on werewolves. Just get str/agility, or doubles. You roll double, take MB, the next time Piling on.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take the MB.

At ma8, and with access to agility (for dodge/ss) anyway (as well another wolf to give 2x pushes vi frenzy) getting the distance on a necromantic one turn attempt isn't usually the hardest part.

At ma9, you're entering "gutter runner simplicity" territory, ma10 would obviously provide you the opportunity to make a natural one turner, but...

Put basically, a wolf with mighty blow is one of the most frightening things on the bloodbowl field - he has the speed to cover the pitch, and can remove via either cas or surf many opponents. Necro don't really need a wolf like that, being able to adopt a hybrid gameplan vs bash (tie up their hitters with your fodder and utilise your speed); but if you have one, it means you can exploit your speed and remove your opponent, and that's hard to live with.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take the ma10.
okostomi

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You want a typical boring build: take MB
you wanna be special: take MA+
Semitence

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I found werewolves really suffer from a lack of skill slots.

Block, Dodge, Tackle, Jump Up, SS, Mighty Blow, plus any stats. Careful taking MA10, you'll have to decrease his viability in other areas (plus you might not roll another double if you want MB).
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. I have changed my mind. Take the MA, then dont take block or such, but take sprint, then sure feet, and juggernaut on the double, and dodge. (if no double, or rolled agility, then take agility, if no agility, then catch as last skill.)

That way he can blitz his way into the endzone on 1turning attempts. Quite reliable if you can get the ball to him.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MA10, take sprint, fun fun.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the +MA 100%

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

But if I make a oneturner out of him, he will have to stay on the bench, and I'd like to have both my werewolves on the pitch.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

wobbegong wrote:
But if I make a oneturner out of him, he will have to stay on the bench, and I'd like to have both my werewolves on the pitch.

This is why i never take a MA on werewolf, but a normal skill instead. But that is too late, so lets make the most out of this.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also note that with juggernaut and or agility you can use him as a sweeper and surfing threat on defense.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

wobbegong wrote:

Why would you leave him off the pitch? If the opponent fails to pick up you can slide through and steal the TD and he harass the ball carrier that much easier with ma10

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be worth noting that the 2nd best wolf of all time on a Ranked Necro team had MA10. And I'm almost positive he didn't get benched.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the look of that wolf. I'll probably go for something like that, instead of a pure oneturner.
 Jump to: