34 coaches online • Server time: 12:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Semitence

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You must have some pretty rubbish teams Mog!
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, literally asked "is there league of legends in fumbbl" during this week xD

Few questions and/or tips.

1) spiralling expenses.. 4mil might not be enough if you keep the tv as it is
2) inducements? All but stars and mercs?
3) min/maxing option or "forceful" rule? (Does one have an option to take rookies to minmax and to perform los duties or does every player has to be as skilled as possible)
4) if undead/necro has killed a legend and it became zombie, can they use that zombie in this league but take the "living" players skills?
5) how about teams from previous editions? Like 16 ogres?

edit: i don't have any legends nor do i think my teams would compete here

but i'm interested as a spec and i might maybe join later when i have team that has death or really hurt legends (and/or othwerwise nicely skilled players).

Last edited by kummo on Sep 30, 2016 - 14:43; edited 1 time in total
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to enter your "Action Heroes" Cowhead !! Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I can see some coaches are really excited about this. All ready have 5 team sheets submitted.

Let me clarify the idea behind this league.

Many years ago myself and Brasky had All Star teams created by Christer to compete in a charity match celebrating Braskies 10000 match on FUMBBL. It was a lot of fun. It was more fun because the both of us had a All Star team of our greatest former players.

After the event there was some discussion of doing this site wide for all coaches to have a all star team of former players. Well, back in the day that was not possible.

NOW IT IS.

I want to stress this point. This league is most likely missed named. I want coaches to have a league where they can bring there best/favorite/legendary All Star team onto the pitch and battle it out in a league. That is where Iam coming from. This league will not be running all the time. We will have our kick off tournament and then maybe just do it once a year. No more than twice a year.

IMO the cool thing about the league is you will then have your own All Star team of your favorite team and get to go up against some of the legendary teams on FUMBBL. I have in my PM's 3 teams most would call legendary.

Now lets talk some nuts and bolts.

*Depending on how many coaches flood my PM with their rosters this will take some time. So, I will be asking for help to make these rosters. You will be a admin on the league and have access to the S. league creation page to help me.

*When making your team you will bring your 16 players who think represent the greatness of your team. Now when it comes to the positionals.

If you look at my example Buccaneer team on page #1 you will notice I only have 2 catchers and not 4.

That will apply to all teams. So, your 16 players cannot go over any positional limits found on your team. So, Humans can only have 4 blitzers and so forth BUT if you cannot field enough players for that slot, no big deal, you will just have more linemen.

Very few teams can actually field a team of 16 legend level players. That is fine, that is not what this is about. It is field the best/favorite/fan fovorite or most despised players on your current/former roster.

*Now when I/we make these teams I will make each of your 16 players. They will be 0-1 positional players. SO, if one of your players is killed. You can only re buy him for your team, if you so desire. Because of how he teams will be constructed you will have no other option than to buy him/her/it back.

*Now on the issue of gold. 4 million is most likely way to little. I want every team to have enough gold on hand to replace out killed or injured players and be able to buy inducements, even as the favorite. Iam thinking that maybe each team should have around 50 million gold on hand. Remember once the league starts up and your funds start to dwindle, well, you could run out of gold. that is just not fun and boring. IF and when we start up a second season I will most likely have to use one of contacts to go in and deposit more gold into every teams account.

*I do not want to restrict any coach from making and applying a team BUT rookie teams and teams with under 20 matches and so forth will be rejected.

*Teams from Ranked/League/Box and I will allow stunty league teams can be submitted.

*All inducements will be allowed EXCEPT: NO STAR PLAYERS. You want star players then you need to join the All Stars League. Over there you can play with the Start Players until your heart is content.

*No team will have a necromancer. So, no players will be raised from the dead. Nurgles Rot has been cured in this league and no Nurgle player will have nurgles rot.

*Iam sure there are a few more questions....so I will just leave it here.

Make your All Star/legendary team. Put the players and team links in a PM and send it to me so I can start making your roster.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

will teams that normally have a necromancer be able to hire an apothecary?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
will teams that normally have a necromancer be able to hire an apothecary?

No

Undead teams that raise zombies will lose that special power.

Here is the nuts and bolts reason for that. When making a custom roster if you select the team has a necromancer you then need to make a roster spot for what creature or thing gets raised from the dead.

Thus certain teams will then have 17 positional players listed. This will most likely cause confusion. So by doing it this way it eliminates confusion.

Also, lets face it...At the TV level the vast majority of teams will be playing with, losing the ability to raise a zombie is of no concern.

Undead teams will have to rely on Regen to save them. No extra apoth will be added. Only Vamps/Strigs will have a Apoth on the roster.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Amateurs would be in if allowed to field 16 Linemen. Maybe. Depending on timing.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Ranked Amateurs would be in if allowed to field 16 Linemen. Maybe. Depending on timing.

I see your reading and comprehension skills are not up snuff good sir. Surprised

You can field 16 linemen if you so desire. You just cannot field more positional players than your team allows.

Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a realistic goal would be to have this thing up and running by November and starting up in the first 2 weeks of November.

I do not know really. Depends on how many rosters I will have to make.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got another roster submitted. And the coach asked a interesting question.

There are some legendary teams out there run by coaches who have left FUMBBL.

The question was: Can I make All Star rosters for some the Legendary teams that have gone by the wayside and their coach is no longer playing on FUMBBL. Let coaches who do not have a team worthy of being in the league and let a coach take over one of those teams.

My response to that: Interesting, maybe, a lot of more work and yeah, mmmmm.
PainState is still mulling over the work load for that project

Example team that would fit this question: New baby Dollz

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I might have a legend or 8 available to take the pitch;

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=658438
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think the best course of action is to set up the league as a non progression/resurrection league.

That way we do not have to worry about perm damage and death.

When it comes to the gold I still think it is a good idea to give every team a large stash of cash in the millions AND turn on all gold is transferred to petty cash so both coaches can purchase inducements.

I honestly think if both teams do not take at a minimum a wizard and 2 babes you will be in trouble in every match.

What do you guys think? any feed back on those two ideas?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok, I think the best course of action is to set up the league as a non progression/resurrection league.

Is it something I said Wink
asteflix

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd enter my freaks in that league if I were allowed to Smile https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=824946

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so that I understand this right... I a am allowed to enter a team without maxed out positions?

I guess I'll go with my pact then since it's my oldest team with around 500 games (albeit no mino ever skilled and ogre rather sparsely -not sure whether to rather take a lino instead...)
 Jump to: