25 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

The question was: Can I make All Star rosters for some the Legendary teams that have gone by the wayside and their coach is no longer playing on FUMBBL. Let coaches who do not have a team worthy of being in the league and let a coach take over one of those teams.

My response to that: Interesting, maybe, a lot of more work and yeah, mmmmm.

For me, the coach is 50% of the team. Without him, it isn't that team anymore.

Try going to Rolling Stones concert where Mick Jagger has an understudy take the stage instead.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. A coach should only be able to use a team of their own creation IMO.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinda torn between ah my goddesses, champions of anime, premiership wargods, and Miami Krakens

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Fleetfoot's Revenge could be interested in this.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Though from a quick look I Say You Fellows could produce a right team!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I might have a legend or 8 available to take the pitch;

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=658438

PainState wrote:
Ok, I think the best course of action is to set up the league as a non progression/resurrection league.

That way we do not have to worry about perm damage and death.

Dying laughing here, the timing!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

this sounds fun...my Human Rage up for it!!

@Pain

I made some trials in the past on this concept and i'd like to share my opinion on some aspects of the ruleset if u don't mind.

1. Resurrection/non progression: a MUST imho. Bear in mind this is going to be really bloody. Casualties left and right. If u go progression your team is destroyed by game 3 maximum.

2. 16 players rosters. Yes! Same reasons as above. Shorter roster and u don't have players left to field in 2nd half. fun spoiled.

3. Spiriling expenses. There is a way to reduce the impact of spiriling expenses. Let me explain with an example. Human team. Cheapest player is lino at 50k. Substract 50k to all players cost, so now a lino with no skills it cost 0k, a blitzer (90-50) cost 40k and so on. Then add the value of the skills to the player cost. Why to do this? to reduce spiriling expenses and to make INDUCMENTS choice automatic + keep team TV proportional and relevant for inducements phase (please read point below) .

4. INDUCEMENTS. I wouldn't go petty cash converted into inducements. Too many of these and the game goes silly. Moreover, there is going to be big Team TV differences between teams which puts the underdog in a difficult position. Better keep team TV relevant so that Team TV difference is the factor that allows you for inducments. By applying point 3 (reducing impact of spiriling expenses) and setting players with a lower but proportional costs, just let teams with lower TV get as many inducments as TV difference allows.

5. RR and apo at team creation. Not allowed. Players are so skilled up that u should manage and so making the game more unpredictable. 16 legends with 3 RR and they fail no action. If anyone needs extra RR or Apo...well...if u the underdog buy them as inducements.

my 2 cents

o/

EDIT: point 3 spirilling expenses method may fell short to achieve its purpose yet...not big deal though, there are other formulas to reduce Team TV greatly but keeping values proportional. i.e. team Tv substraction where benchmark is league lower value.

Last edited by sonrises on Oct 01, 2016 - 11:24; edited 3 times in total
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Boys in the Hood will bring out its finest!
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I presume we have to take the players with the most starplayerpoints on each position? Looks like the Boys wont bring its dirtyticksplaybook to this tourney as only 5slots for linemens are open and not one of the legends are a dirty player. Or can we go for players who are legends even tho they have not got the sps for it. Like most fouls made in the history of the team?Very Happy

Can honestly say that this squad will bee rather insane.Especially our offense with legends like these around:
Alex https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=9606747
Pjotor https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=10941431
Robin https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=9651077

Last edited by Diddyboy on Oct 01, 2016 - 11:32; edited 1 time in total
sonrises

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Diddyboy wrote:
I presume we have to take the players with the most starplayerpoints on each position? Looks like the Boys wont bring its dirtyticksplaybook to this tourney as only 5slots for linemens are open and not one of the legends are a dirty player. Or can we go for players who are legends even tho they have not got the sps for it. Like most fouls made in the history of the team?Very Happy

In my opinion, i would let coaches choose its ideal roster regardless of SPP or anything else.

If a coach prefrer to select a star player rather than a legend player because it makes more sense to have a rounded team, i'd let them do it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The 16 players you pick is totally up to you. It does not have to be your highest SPP players.

The only constraint on which players you can pick is you cannot go over the positional limits for your roster.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is where I stand right now guys. I know we are excited to get this thing up and running.

BUT

Iam the Comish of the KPL and the NWL. I need to put some work into those leagues and get them kicked off and organized for the new season. Once that happens then my "load" will be lighter and I can go full throttle on getting this up and running.

Anybody who wished to volunteer to be a admin for this league and help out. Do not hesitate and send my a PM telling me what you want to do.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
For me, the coach is 50% of the team. Without him, it isn't that team anymore.

I definitely agree. I miss some of my stars (Pipin, Berserkling), not because of their stats but because of the way I used to play them.

Even if you look at my current roster... Vampling is a freak, but would he be the star he is if he had been coached by someone else who hadn't tried to go for the 100 Cp mark?

That being said, I'll send you a PM in the next few days PS.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

sonrises wrote:
this sounds fun...my Human Rage up for it!!

@Pain

I made some trials in the past on this concept and i'd like to share my opinion on some aspects of the ruleset if u don't mind.

1. Resurrection/non progression: a MUST imho. Bear in mind this is going to be really bloody. Casualties left and right. If u go progression your team is destroyed by game 3 maximum.

2. 16 players rosters. Yes! Same reasons as above. Shorter roster and u don't have players left to field in 2nd half. fun spoiled.

3. Spiriling expenses. There is a way to reduce the impact of spiriling expenses. Let me explain with an example. Human team. Cheapest player is lino at 50k. Substract 50k to all players cost, so now a lino with no skills it cost 0k, a blitzer (90-50) cost 40k and so on. Then add the value of the skills to the player cost. Why to do this? to reduce spiriling expenses and to make INDUCMENTS choice automatic + keep team TV proportional and relevant for inducements phase (please read point below) .

4. INDUCEMENTS. I wouldn't go petty cash converted into inducements. Too many of these and the game goes silly. Moreover, there is going to be big Team TV differences between teams which puts the underdog in a difficult position. Better keep team TV relevant so that Team TV difference is the factor that allows you for inducments. By applying point 3 (reducing impact of spiriling expenses) and setting players with a lower but proportional costs, just let teams with lower TV get as many inducments as TV difference allows.

5. RR and apo at team creation. Not allowed. Players are so skilled up that u should manage and so making the game more unpredictable. 16 legends with 3 RR and they fail no action. If anyone needs extra RR or Apo...well...if u the underdog buy them as inducements.

my 2 cents

o/

EDIT: point 3 spirilling expenses method may fell short to achieve its purpose yet...not big deal though, there are other formulas to reduce Team TV greatly but keeping values proportional. i.e. team Tv substraction where benchmark is league lower value.

RR's could go either way. You also have to realize there is going to be a lot of disturbing presence and the like on some teams that can force the need for RR's. One way or the other, even with the RR's, it will balance out.

Completely disagree on the lack of apo, though. As you said, the games are going to be extremely bloody. Apos would not so much be for saving the best players, as for saving the players *in that game*. Otherwise, it gives an extreme advantage to bash teams.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is where we stand right now. These are the teams that have applied to the league or have said they are making a team. IF there is * at the end of your team that means I have your team sheet so we can start making your teams.

Blood Sea Buccaneers (PainState) Human *
Hellbound Charioteers (Arktoris) Norse *
Arboron Furies (Pentalarc) Wood Elf *
Flying Sammiches (Kam) Halfing
Mad Screamers (Udder) Elf
Ranked Amateurs (JackassRampant) Human
Slime Barons (DukeTyrion) Nurgle
Dankest Chaos Kill-Team (Astefix) Chaos
Fleetfoots Revenge (Malmir) Orc
Human Rage (sonrises) Human
Boys in the Hood (Diddyboy) Human
New Order of Chaos (Wreckage) Chaos Pact *