43 coaches online • Server time: 20:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to try this Smile
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Note that if you set custom skill breakpoints to

You'd get 6 skills to pick after your first game even with zero spps. A click-trough would legend the whole team, and then add a 7th skill at the next number.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Why ban nurgle? The kill stack nerf should keep them in check.

No. They can lock the pitch without any damage being dealt.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Kondor wrote:

No. They can lock the pitch without any damage being dealt.

I am not sure that I agree with this. Many teams will out maneuver them even if they go all tents. Still, I don't set the rules so....

Could it be worse than a full dwarf team of Guard, MB, Stand Firm?

Any all legend team is going to be nasty.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
because, regen + kill stack on 8 fielded players (plus, claws on all the rotters and possibly the beast) is a bit to much even with nerfs.

Teams like dwarves would really have little answer
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Note that if you set custom skill breakpoints to

You'd get 6 skills to pick after your first game even with zero spps. A click-trough would legend the whole team, and then add a 7th skill at the next number.
thanks
That will certainly help speed things up
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect you're massively underestimating the power of 16 legend Amazons or Wood Elves, or even Vamps, or Frogs, by the way. Everyone's seen big Nurg teams, but if you just get to have legends all the time, because 1 game auto-legends all your replacements, the teams with the best win records at equal TV up there are not going to be Nurgs even with killstack fully functional and the odd ST 5 Tents.

16 players would have 96 skills, typically including.
3 +ST.
5 +AG.
5 +MA.
13 doubles.
70 regular skills.

But that clusters a bit. About a quarter of your team will have all-normal picks, a quarter will have two +stats, a quarter two doubles, and a quarter with a double and a stat, except a bit less for the guy who gets two stats and two doubles.

Every Skaven team can expect a natural 1-turner, so can many teams with a few MA 8 players. It's honestly not the Nurgs that should be troubling you about this idea.

Most elf teams will have an AG 6, and a 7458 leaper, and a 1-push 1-turner, they'll go well. They all have a couple kickers and wrestle-fend-ss-+++ on the line so they can't be POMBed, and blodgestep-fend-DT absolutely everywhere so you can't ever move the ball against them.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the trick will be to use a season to get things sorted, and correct issues as they come. For now, the league needs coaches to fill it
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 is officially recruiting
Come and join us, for this League will be Legendary.

Also, any coaches interested in doing so, may create teams for open play, via gamefinder. If you do this, please include the tag [LL] in your team's name to denote the ruleset. I'd love to get some HUGE TV (3500+) exhibition matches going.

All new teams will need to play one match (click-through for league) to skill your players.
Rookie players become legends after one match.

Join the insanity today
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Rbthma for playing the first exhibition game of the Legend's League. The entire match was a back and forth struggle for both teams.

It also helped to test the ruleset, and determined that the following rule changes must be made.

*Overtime is eliminated in regular season games. This was one of the hardest matches I've ever played, both because of the quality of the coach and the development of the team.

*PO no longer KOs the Piler. I don't foresee Piling On to be that big of an issue after seeing how teams will likely develop.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

That was quite enjoyable, but I felt I didn't do a good enough job creating the first team so I went ahead and created another. The Legendary Lumps, an all-rotter team is waiting to skill up. This is such an easy way to legend a rotter - I don't know why I wasted so much time trying to do it the conventional way Laughing
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it too late to suggest the right stuff cancels tackle on blocks and +1 to fouling armour rolls rules? I want to play half lings:)

Edit: just seen the right stuff rule is already there Very Happy

Last edited by pokrjax on %b %07, %2016 - %09:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, is there a reroll limit? And rules on whether or not you are allowed an apo, coaches/cheerleaders etc?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

no rule on RR limit, apo is allowed, coaches and cheerleaders too
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
Also, is there a reroll limit? And rules on whether or not you are allowed an apo, coaches/cheerleaders etc?

Currently no limit on rerolls, cheerleaders or coaches. My team has 6 rerolls to represent how rarely they mess up. 5 cheerleaders but I will probably get more. 0 coache because they are so good they don't need no stinking coaches.

Choose a team and apply. I need a scrimmage to try this out.
 Jump to: