34 coaches online • Server time: 12:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What normal skill
Dodge
84%
 84%  [ 44 ]
Leap
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Strip Ball
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 52

Medon

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge
(Also... Tackle & strip ball is a bad combo. Consider to give strip ball to another guy in your team.)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge. Hate to sound like a broken record, but elves win at low-mid TV by spamming Blodge or Wrodge and making that one Tackle guy the other side has scratch his head and go "...."

If you want him to live, don't use Leap much. It's a good #4 or #5 skill on a player like this, not a basic strategy.

Strip Ball and Tackle is meh, but I don't use Strip Ball much so I don't know that it's so much bad as not my thing.

Diving Tackle is good ... after Dodge. Also combos with Side Step, but warning: using an AV7 player this way will get him killed. With High Elves, I build linos this way and it's great. With Elves, you can't really do that.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle and Strip Ball together is not bad at all. Strip for when pushing non sure handers and tackle for easier time to knock down the dodge ball carriers. Especially if you have another player with wrestle too. Plus tackle has other uses.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip-ball.

You want to remove your opponent's options. If you put strip-ball on your Wrackle player, you remove several options from your opponent. Almost all 'elvish' options. He MUST leave the ball with his sure-handed player. If he does anything else, he risks losing the ball.

Now all you have to do is put the bulk of your remaining elves right and front of him so he cannot move easily down field. Stop the majority of his players moving forward and he will eventually have to do something desperate, such as pass or hand-off. And boom, just what you wanted, any other player with the ball. Even a -2d block is golden, as long as you have a re-roll.

Strip ball.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge, then ss, then diving tackle Smile
Bram

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Strip-ball.

You want to remove your opponent's options. If you put strip-ball on your Wrackle player, you remove several options from your opponent. Almost all 'elvish' options. He MUST leave the ball with his sure-handed player. If he does anything else, he risks losing the ball.

Now all you have to do is put the bulk of your remaining elves right and front of him so he cannot move easily down field. Stop the majority of his players moving forward and he will eventually have to do something desperate, such as pass or hand-off. And boom, just what you wanted, any other player with the ball. Even a -2d block is golden, as long as you have a re-roll.

Strip ball.

True. But I still might give him dodge first for better survivability and then strip ball. Possibly even leap before strip ball.
Jimmyhay

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well he ended up rolling an 11 so i took the +AG. Does that change wheter or not i pick leap over dodge?
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't change. Dodge before leap.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It only changes that unless you roll a stat increase, he'll take Dodge then Leap. Do you have any idea what it is for an 8357 guy to dodge on a tackle zone on a 2+? Once you haz Dodge, the SPPs, they will come.

The only problem I see is that it'll make you lazy.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, you have 2 blitzers, 4 catchers and 2 throwers - all with two or three skills and all still alive - what kind of league are you playing in?
Jimmyhay

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a blitzer for me that already dodges in to get the ball out. My biggest issue is breaking into cages once they have formed up that's why I'm considering leaping in on a 2 rather than dodging in on a 4 to bring down the ball carrier
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, will you keep this team and players onto next season? Then it's dodge first.
Do you still have a fair amount of games to play? Then dodge first. Are you in the end of the season/playoffs and really need to win? Then leap makes sense, but really with just wrestle and st3 he won't be a real cagediver. Still, better than nothing.

Oh he has tackle too, but you're still looking at a -2d in most cases..

Sometimes it's better to collapse a cage than breaking in. You got the sidestep guard and diving tackle to do that.
 Jump to: