22 coaches online • Server time: 01:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yah, I've been playing awhile but I've just posted this: https://fumbbl.com/p/about?c=c9805222

bring it bitchs
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
yah, I've been playing awhile but I've just posted this: https://fumbbl.com/p/about?c=c9805222

bring it bitchs

Blood Bowl and FUN!? What a novel idea!

I totally understand though haha. Some people's fun is others suffering. The best games are when everybody seems to enjoy themselves and no one is just completely obliterating the other team (unless it's in a funny way of course)

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2016 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
c9805222 wrote:

bring it bitchs

Blood Bowl and FUN!? What a novel idea!

I totally understand though haha. Some people's fun is others suffering. The best games are when everybody seems to enjoy themselves and no one is just completely obliterating the other team (unless it's in a funny way of course)

Like the Angry Newscasters, that's always fun Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
dgfjgh

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we become friends?

Here it is my RS Gold will be sent to you.
KuroLanda

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, i am a regular player of D&D, legend of the 5 rings, fantasy and 40k and my group of the last 2 told me about this crazy game of my preffered imaginarium xD. Im totally new about blood bowl (i guess my experience in fantasy will help me to get the teams mechanics: skaven are sneaky bastards, chaos stomp things, elves are broken...), fumbbl (duh), and american football in general (patriots are cool.. rigth?).

I want to state this clear rigth now. english isnt my mother tongue, its spanish.Im not a google translate user. I can understand almost every word (i mean, there are words in spanish that i dont know what the hell mean either xD), and i can writte it decently well i presume (?). I will always try to write the words correctly, use the verbal times properly, etc. but if I misspell something, it isnt trolling, just plain ignorance. Of course i will accept the corrections (learn is fun!) and i really hope it wont be a problem.

That said, im excited for this new experience. I am a soccer person, but i do like the american football (i dont understand the tactics or the formations, but i get the idea of the passes, the LoS, the blockers, corebaks, runners...and the basic rules). I do understand that bb its an abstraction of the game, but i know that lack of AF experience will bite me in my first games...

I used the LRB6 to get the rules (if it isnt the rigth version, let me know please), just read it almost entirely and i get the basics and optional rules. Plus i just saw a game of the web, and i saw blood bowl 2 (the pc game) on youtube.

Im a vampire counts user in fantasy, but i saw its a hard handicap team (why the hell i eat my onw dudes...), so i picked the necros (zombies and wights are familiar, and i like the idea of a doggy ^^).

i think thats all of myself for now, i have thinked some formations and teams, see you in academy!! (it works yet rigth?) see ya :3

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi KuroLanda and welcome to FUMBBL! Blood Bowl is a very fun and crazy game and I hope you enjoy it and the site. Don't worry, you don't really need to understand much at all about American Football to play - the basic idea is to get the ball down the pitch and score touchdowns, whilst smashing up some opponent players while you're at it Wink

Yes, LRB6 is the current version of the rules, which FUMBBL uses. I agree that Vampires would be a bad team to start with (they are quite advanced and hard to use). Necromantic are not one that most people would recommend to newcomers, but I can't see much harm in trying them. Most people would probably recommend Orcs, as they are very solid and their strategy is quite straightforward.

In terms of getting started with games, the main rated divisions on here (Ranked and Blackbox) are very competitive. I would recommend spectating some games to begin with - just click on the 'Game' tab at the top of the page to go to the current game list, then click on the link that shows the number of spectators (i.e. '0 spectators') below the game. The FUMBBL Java client will automatically download and install on your PC (just make sure you have a recent version of Java installed).

When you are ready to try playing, there is a group called the '145 Club' in the League division, which hosts a league for newer coaches. Otherwise, someone might be willing to give you a training game in the Academy division. Of the two rated divisions I mentioned, Ranked is probably more suitable for a new coach, as you can choose to play against lower rated coaches (to start with). Feel free to ask, if you have any questions! Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
bates

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

I'm Thomas, brand new to this amazing hobby.
Last week I had my first demo and I loved it.
The plan is to buy the new BB release once of the coming weeks or when it goes out for sale. And secondly try to get my hands on an amazing team to paint.

I have been browsing around and the teams that pull my attention are Slann, Sea Elves ( non official), Fish man, Shark man etc...

I'm on this board to lear as much as possible about the game, rules and tactics.

So I'm open for all advice etc...
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome bates! If you're new to the game the place to check out is the 145 Club. You can play matches vs. other newer coaches and receive advice from more experienced coaches too.
bates

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers mate, does this work on Mac as well? Every time I click on play I'm asked to save a .jnlp file.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

First thing to do is to spectate a match- if that works, you should be good to go. I'm not sure about the Mac part.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If your Mac is like mine, when you click on play (or spectate), it'll download the file. Open it from your downloads, and you're good to go. You may have to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy to give it permission.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

bates wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm Thomas, brand new to this amazing hobby.
Last week I had my first demo and I loved it.
The plan is to buy the new BB release once of the coming weeks or when it goes out for sale. And secondly try to get my hands on an amazing team to paint.

I have been browsing around and the teams that pull my attention are Slann, Sea Elves ( non official), Fish man, Shark man etc...

I'm on this board to lear as much as possible about the game, rules and tactics.

So I'm open for all advice etc...

Hello dude, and welcome to Fumbbl Very Happy

Definitely worth checking out the 145 Club, and also use the link in the opening post on this thread. There's a guide for newcomers there that covers a lot of useful stuff when you're getting started.

The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Did yew no I iz a reel goblin?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, that smell is hard to fake.

dogofwar

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys,

I've been lurking around the site reading the help section and the forums and making teams. Excited to play someone. Played tabletop version in the early 2000s, and BB / BB2 on steam. Actually found this site because I google'd "does multiple block work with stab?" and there was a link here at the bottom.
 Jump to: