44 coaches online • Server time: 15:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karnov

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2016 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

FEDS FIND FORM, STUN SCORPIONS

NBC News ~ Your #1 source for Northern Border Confederates news

The Northern Border's courageous Confederates have seemingly struck a vein of golden form, winning their second on the trot with a stunning victory over All Imperial heavyweights, the RSU Scorpions, 2-1 in one of the more astonishing upsets of this new season.

Magnificently led by the league's reigning Player of the Season, Carlito Gómez, the Feds could seemingly do no wrong as an opportunistic blitz allowed them to take an early lead that they would not relinquish.

Jesco Kant, fouling phenom of the round 2 victory over the Harlequins, laid down another 7 fouls to establish himself as the preeminent enforcer in the league with 16 fouls, overtaking the Diavoli's own furry-footed fiend, Benito Triscari. (Dismissively known around the Borderlands as Lil' Benny So-scari!)

At 2-0-1, the Feds are in the midst of their best-ever start to a season; they're primed for a run at the Amphora and, just maybe, a spot in a bowl game...

#ScorpionsStunned #LilBennySoScari #BowlBound

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing Streak Theories
Urlso Press

Rumour has it that head coach DDS has ceased his ritual of having an ale before each match. Currently the side has had 0 wins and 2 losses at the start of the season. Whilst competitive in both, the lack of damage being dealt out is certainly concerning. The next game will be key to seeing whether there is any pressure on DDS's head coaching job.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 09:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

26/10/16 8:13pm

I've been summoned by Remo! Dino hasn't recovered from his fractured leg and so they need some hired help. It seems I'm it, 'Big Benni' is packing his bags and is off to Verezzo for the weekend.

The adrenaline was pumping in that game against the Cocks, I felt invincible. But that was halflings. I hear the Bulls have an Ogre. Yikes!

#FoxTalk #Diavoli #CBBA #Bulls
Patdragon

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

An after game interview with Talabheim Vision News reporter Ludvic Strous.

LUDVIC: Evening all, Ludvic Strous here with TV News. I'm approaching the dugout of our local college team The Panthers to see if i can score an interview with one of the players after their tie with Averheim U Stallions. Give me a few moments and i'll be right back.

----Some random noises go on for a few minutes-----

LUDVIC: Ah crap did I forget to turn this thing off. Hope there's enough magic left in it to finish.
Anyway welcome to the interview I've managed to get a hold of Oskar Grundfeld, the star catcher for the team.

Oskar: Hi.

LUDVIC: So Oskar are you happy with the tie your team just got?

Oskar: We did our best this match against a team that we expected to beat us as we were missing two of our players this match. So I'm happy with a tie and even happier that I was the one who managed to equalize.

LUDVIC: Yes your ability to score is becoming quite well know as you even score against last season winners and they haven't conceded many since the new CBBA formed. Have you been scouted yet?

Oskar: I've still got another year left of college after this year before i need to make a decision there but one or two have been in contact with me. But given the current rumours going around the big leagues it sounds like a new rookie catcher will be getting less pay than they used to and I have the family business to think of as well.

LUDVIC: Yes the rumours do seem that 10k drop in price is imminent but perhaps you will head into a different league. What your family business?

Oskar: My family is part of the excellent service that is Talagaad Transports. They'll get you were you need to go.

LUDVIC: Eh..That's nice. Were you paid to say that...no huh... Anyway It looks like one of your team mates may have caused Horst 'Bully' Eshemann of The Stallions to join the six foot under club.

Oskar:Yes. Georg is still dealing with rage issues after his best friend died last season. He seems to have taken it to heart that others need to experience his loss and so far it appears to be working. The coach is trying to get him to protect the other players like myself and I think he has finally learnt to control his rage and defend others as well. We'll see how effective he is next game.

LUDVIC: Your next game is against The Guisonne Chevalier's. How do you think that will go?

Oskar:Well they're a fairly honorable team and if we can keep there squires busy, assuming both are back after their Yhetees game we might have a chance of winning that one now that Barnabus is allowed to hit the pitch again.

LUDVIC: Ah yes Barnabus he showed early promise but can't seem to stay on the pitch, What your view on your team mate?

Oskar: Well you see Barnabus is a bit of a pr....

-----Magical recording cuts out-----------
polemarch

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ALU Great Eagles Cheer Squad Circular

It has been a hard few weeks touring the Empire, but the squad has done the boys proud. The opposition cheerleaders have been cowed despite being on home turf. A special thanks must go out to the supporter club who have partied hard and shown everyone in these Empire universities what it really means to experience life. Whilst they have agreed to slum it a bit, there hard work and dedication definitely played off. The highlight must be the last game against the Wolfpack when the stands were flooded with Great Eagle converts and a home fan threw a rock in disgust which saw the Wolfpack's apothecary called into action to save a son of Ulric.

Travel safe and we look forward to seeing everyone back home Athel Loren for some home games

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Post Match Interview with Wolfpack Capitan Artur zur Middenheim
by Rache von Racheson

Rache: Hello Captain, can you tell us the reasons for the defeat today?

Artur: Yes, we were just not good enough on the field. The pack started well enough with a casualty by Karl, but our inability to do anything after the quick score cost us dearly. Not to mention the large spikey fruit thrown at me at the start of the 2nd half, which Rüdelführer Jevouse instantly used the apothecary on, costing us the life of Goethe, our only dodger, immediately after. Perhaps he felt that he had the edge over the Wood Elves, who had done the same thing by using the apothecary on Karl's badly hurt casualty. It was a match full of ups and downs for sure, but our ups never lasted long enough to mean anything, and worse still, the elves beat us in combat! Everything was inverted.

Rache: How will the fans react to this, Jevouse's first loss in the league?

Artur: It will be hard on them for sure. Rüdelführer Jevouse could not keep winning forever, but it sure was harsh to lose like this, when a draw seemed within reach at times, but alas it was not to be. Maybe we will lose some fair weather fans, but nevertheless we will still show those clowns the Harlequins the thrashing they deserve! Probably a bowl is out of the question now, but we will see.
That is probably the worst of it for the fans, who will want to see the Red Ribbon kept in our beloved city.

Rache: Do you think the Pack will return to winning ways in the next match? How do you see the home conference shaping up?

Artur: I think we will still comfortably take the home conference. Those clowns, the Manticores and the Clippers still cannot match us in terms of raw power. Of course some of it depends on the match schedule, but I am confident we will still take everything. Whether that will be enough is a different story, but Ulric will smile on us, after all, In Bellum Veritas. As long as we train hard and fight harder, victory is certain. No repeat of this match for sure!

Rache: Well there you have it, a stirring post match interview with Capitan Artur. I for one am also confident that the Wolfpack will recover from this temporary setback soon, and be stronger than ever before! See you fans soon.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2016 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

RSU - Fighting Feds Shock Scorpions
Reikland State Official Exclusive Interview

Coach Semitence had a typical tight lipped response to reporters after being questioned on the Scorps latest performance against the Feds.

Care to comment on the Scorp defence?

"We defended poorly."

After such a strong showing vs the axemen, what happened to the blocking prowess shown the week before?

"We hit poorly."

It felt as though you weren't able to take down the opposition as freely as you would have liked. Care to comment?

"We tackled poorly."

OK. Thanks for the enlightening comments. On the defensive end, your players were continually outmuscled in one-on-one situations.

"We held up poorly."

Some of your more agile players such as Sigfried & Slick appeared to go down every time the opposition got near them. Is the pressure of the season proving too much?

"We ran poorly."

Yes, that was clear. Were there any upsides to the performance?

"Dietrich played OK. We will be reconsidering all contracts at the end of the season."

After what can only be described as a "shock loss", how do you rate your chances of making the bowl game?

"Poor."
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2016 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

AVERHEIM UNIVERSITY GAZETTE
Completely Impartial Reporting since Imperial Court Injuncture, 11 Jahrdrung 2513

Fan Favourite Foney?

This week, the Stallions suffered a blow from which they may struggle to recover. In a hard fought 1-1 draw with the Talabheim Panthers, star blitzer Horst Eshemann - known to all as 'Bully' - was struck down by his Panthers' counterpart, Georg Kaltenbach. During preparations for his memorial, it was discovered that 'Bully' was not, in fact, even enrolled at the University.

This has of course prompted an investigation to the credentials of the remaining players hired into the team last season; sources close to the team have revealed that this may be the reason for the shock departure of Otnand 'Guts' Steiger from the team at the beginning of this season.

Predictably enough, Stallions management has denied any wrongdoing. It is clear however, that all is not well in the Stallions' camp - an absentee coach, allegations of diving in the Bowl and now possibly illegitimate players? A silver lining in the dark cloud hanging over the team is their continued ability to play well...

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2016 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

NB CBBA players are never hired.

They may have scholarships or walk up to trials. But all at students first and foremost

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a wrap on the touring leg for the #AXEMEN finish with a promising record of 1-1-1 so far. Despite disappointing result Coach Suttbutt is happy with the progression of the team.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Erengrad University public statement on great failure of wrestle bowl team.

Drunks from Chevaliers make fools of Yhetees, is all night drinking game before bowl game, and great drunks like Guisonne Chevaliers take better than Erengrad CBBA Yhetees wrestle bowl champions. Disgrace. Shame. Fans skulk home while dismayed at performance. Tie game! Such terrible result.

Start was poor, drunk's score is simple, and Yhetees lose players to hangover in next drive, Olga says such sore head, Vladyslav kicked in sore head and apothecary says much rest needed, very sick. Just six Yhetees for second half, then five, more heads hurting, but team score quickly and recover like champions to field seven and make play for win.

Then is mistakes. Kick is short. Svitlana not wrestle with ball. Team gets ball, does not take forward. Eudes Royier is being killed, but is not stick, and Svitlana fail to win game with late pass. Igor waves arms for ball, but whistle is blowing. Game over. Tie. Not even beat remaining four drunks. Great shame.

Now is much work to make even bowl final. Six teams with two wins on tour, Diavoli and Griffons with game in hand, then Great Eagles three wins. Southern division very strong, North Wind division bottom of heap. Is not all pickles and cheese as champions. Laps of city. Many, many laps. Maybe not Vladyslav, apothecary say almost dead. Just few laps for Vladyslav. Drinking banned. End of statement.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 08:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

29/10/16 7:03pm

And da Ogre ish da gentlesht of dabig people. he collects da teethsh for da fairy princesshshsh. she ish da wonder of......

OOOoooOOooh! shtars!

#*********
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2016 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Chevs Cut Yhetees Back To Size

The Chevaliers have successfully halted the juggernaut that is the Yhettes with a 1-1 draw. This opens things up for their rivals in the Frostbelt Conference while also ensuring their qualification for the CBBA Bowl is by no means guarenteed.

#CBBA #BowlRace #Chevaliers #Yhetees

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2016 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Eagles Grace CBBA

Watching the Eagles play at the moment is a pleasure for any blood bowl fan. They're running hot and have put on an incredible 10 touchdowns in the Touring Leg alone. Who's going to stop them? A matchup between the Eagles and the Griffins for the Bowl would be a ratings bonanza!

#CBBA #BowlRace #ALU

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2016 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

GNR Conference Needs To Lift Its Game

With the possible exception of the Wolfpack, the Great North Road Conference is a shambles this season. With the Southern Conference emerging as the new heavyweight, the GNR Conference is losing respectability. If they don't put in some more exciting matchups in the Conference Round, the GNR will be battling the Food Bowl for CBBA's most dull.

#CBBA #BowlRace #GreatNorthRoad

Jump to: