15 coaches online • Server time: 05:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

For cameraderie: L > R > B
(league has more of it than ranked does, and ranked has more than box does).

For how to use the site, the client, and signing up for a game, check out this playlist.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Problems like this rarely happen and unfortunate that it's your first experience on Fumbbl. Coaches in the Box tend to be less chatty than Ranked. That being said, in my experience the other coach is quite a friendly one so I'm puzzled by the situation. Welcome? to Fumbbl anyhow.
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

And yet with all these messages, PM's to the coach in question, staff involvement, etc, etc, the game has not been finished, the "experienced" coach is continuing to play other games, and the "new" coach is now offline, probably never to be seen again after this experience....Sad
kummo

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

2 hours = ever?

Yeah, some people might be turned off by actions like this but i wouldn't assume that they'd quit the game forever after being 2 hours offline.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

3 unfinished games in box. Time for banhammer!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

well, 1 was being played at the time - so 2 unfinished box games. Coaches first impressions of the community are pretty important- my first couple of matches on Cyanide were disconnects and after that I left and haven't been back.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been ages since I ran into a dropout... usually when it happens it's somebody new and inexperienced to how things work here...

pretty much shows how well that site is maintained in that respect and how good the rules in place actually work.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkdiamante wrote:
However did I play a bot?

Well, there are some bots on FUMBBL, it takes quit a while until one figures out who they are. From then on it is easy to avoid them.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Please don't be put off and quit FUMBBL over this. I can't even remember the last time someone abandoned a game on me - hardly ever happens on here.

Honestly, it seems like you've just been really unlucky with your first game. Give the site a chance, play 10-20 games in [R], I'm sure you'll love it and get hooked. Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 00:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Ug. Your first opponent does not appear to be the friendliest coach on FUMBBL. You got unlucky. Sorry.

Weird, but if it's the coach I'm thinking of I would dispute that. After a couple of not very enjoyable games in Box (one verging on hostile) I was considering chucking in my new venture, I played this coach and it was one of the chattiest and enjoyable games I've had in a while. Restored my faith in Box, and I'm really glad I stuck with it.

I expect it's a misunderstanding from the new coach on "brb"

I hope the newbie sticks with it and this issue is resolved.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

not, you didn't play a bot, you played an asshat.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no bots. There are a few people who are not very chatty, but no bots.

I'm assuming that there was not a misunderstanding here and that your opponent said "brb" (be right back), and then didn't return within a minute or two.

There are simple support procedures to get games dealt with on the very rare occassion where someone just walks away from a game. Did you try to contact them via the Private Messaging system? It's pretty easy to use.

If you did and they hadn't returned to play and were not replaying to messages, then you would use support to get an admin to help you get the issue resolved. (Find this under the Help section, Support.

As you are very new here I would recommend you join the 145 Club. This is specifically designed to get new coaches used to the site, and also runs mirror versions of Fumbbl tournaments to allow new coaches to learn how those work before entering a real one.

I would also recommend you take a look at this Welcome to FUMBBL guide, also designed for newcomers.

If the match happened like you said, I'm very sorry you had a crappy first experience here. For the most part (and especially by regular online standards) this a friendly and fun place to play.

Welcome to FUMBBL dude, may your next match be a better one Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Darkdiamante

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello and thank you for the messages.....I read them all. In all honesty it's not really as I imaged.....it's a bit too formal. I just wanna play and go.....not deal with games that people don't wanna finish.....sorry.....it's my fault.

Maybe I was a bit rude......I tried to talk a few times actually I wanted some help as I didn't understand the stand up feature.....but the client is really nice. I tried saying hello, but I only got back set remarks.......so I thought maybe it was a bot....so I asked 'are you a bot?' thinking it was a bot and not a real person.......I tried to get a game for a while, so I thought maybe if you cannot find a game........you get a bot. I am sorry for that.

When the player said 'BRB' I waited some time.....I dunno......10...20.....minutes....... maybe......at some point they left the game..........so I left also. We had one turn to play and it was 2-0......They are fast (another reason I thought bot) so.....I don't see why not finish quick?

Really though.....it's not for me.....I wanna play a game and move on...not organize a game in segments.....and feel real person is playing......I don't wanna worry about
security Officers and confrontations......so please delete it.......I have an email now too......So I can ask them also.

Sorry for the bothersome forum topic...sorry. I like the site...I like to read the forums.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You definitely bring something new to FUMBBL and especially the forum!
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in all honesty you ran into some very very rare case. What you describe happened to me maybe twice in almost 2000 games.

Anyway I suggest you give it another try. Both Ranked and Blackbox can be very funny to play, like all things you just need to learn your way around a bit to get the most out of them.
 Jump to: