58 coaches online • Server time: 20:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

On a Chaos Dwarf team, I have a minotaur that I was fortunate enough to get block as a 1st skill only to get him an injury with -1Movement. I've got 100k in the bank. I've got a roster of 6 dwarf blockers (1 with guard), 2 centaurs, 4 hobgoblins (1 dirty player, 1 with block/sure hands), and the mino. Should I keep him and buy an apoth or trash him and buy a new one when I get the money?

BTW, the mino has 14 Spp.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Most coaches don't have mino on chaos dorfs. He is way too expensive and even less useful on chrof team than he is on chaos team.

But block mino.. thats something. I'd keep him for a while (until centaurs develop) and fire either on 2nd injury or when he really feels like a bloat to me. (You give wizard to opponent for nuffles sake.. just don't..)

When you get rid of him - don't buy new one.

(Unless its a fluffy and themed team and you are trying either entertain, make a joke team or give yourself a challenge.. or are trying to break records.. then.. carry on as you have and ignore all i said.. themed teams are very welcome too) Smile

Last edited by kummo on %b %14, %2017 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd keep for now. just be careful how to use him. When you have a healthy gold balance then replace him

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire. -MA is bad news on a Frenzy player.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite Block on a Minotaur making it for a fun player in a Chaos Dwarf team, I have to concur with JackassRampant that the -MA injury is bad. Even with it becoming more reliable, the low movement means you end up trying to protect it more then using it to force your opponent's position apart.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him and see what he rolls next. Getting that 2 SPP shouldn't be too hard. If it's a double, you could take Dodge and make him a really nice roadblock. You probably don't want to blitz with him anymore anyway, especially once one of your Blockers has C-MB. Could be +ST, too. Smile Othewise you can still get rid of him afterwards.

As soon as more of your Blockers get Guard, he can get more active as a hitter (again).

If you want to be super competitive, fire him.

Edit:
The team is called "Santa and his Evil Helpers" - and the Mino is Santa! So you'll probably want to ignore the advice on firing and not replacing him. And before I'd replace him, I'd rather use this one for a while.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You want to fire him. Wild animal means you need to blitz often with this piece. If you blitz from prone positions, you will find yourself GFIing. When not prone, you will quickly find he is too far from action to blitz safely. He is badly crippled with -MA imho.

Oscar Wilde
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I see no reason to fire a Big Guy who has Block/ST5/Horns and can blitz with 1 assist on a 3DB. How again is a -MA so over the top crippling to fire him?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I skilled him up and rolled doubles so I gave him pro. I was basically just going off the bbtactics site.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mistake. Should have given him Dodge. Blodging big guys are the Devil. Also if he lives he could get Break Tackle and then he's a terror.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I would have taken Dodge as well. With Blodge (and Stand Firm later) he'd be the perfect road block.
You know, if you haven't played a game with the team yet, admins can change a skill choice, if you ask politely.

But it's your choice after all and Pro certainly makes blocking (players) more fun. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

drop the +av hobgob = 70k? 70k for 6338?
Raughri

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree Blodging big guy is a pain, keeps him on his feet more often, very helpful if you've lost a point of movement. Also, what Arthur said. Break Tackle blodging st5 will make many situations problematic for your opponent.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Tents, Dodge or Claw for me over pro.

Tents because st5 and block, and he's already a -ma wild animal. This way he doesn't have to move to be useful. You block stuff into him and hopefully he's got something to hit every turn, or failing that, something to hold. Standfirm next.

Dodge pretty much same as tents really. Because of -ma the break tackle blitz is really not something I'd be attempting with this guy unless absolutely desperate, so while there's a synergy to be had later, you're really paying for the "keeps him on his feet" blodge synergy. I'd probably go stand firm first before break tackle here too.

Claw is the offensive-minded choice. You've no claw on any blockers, so he'd be your first/only claw/mb. This is again limited by -ma (notice a pattern here?), and doesn't offer anything on the turns where he's roaring or marking/being blocked. However the potential pay-off when he does block makes it worth considering, but perhaps only considering.

Lastly, don't know about the bbtactics guide, but block/pro on doubles sounds like it's made for a chaos mino primarily, in which case you should ignore it past taking block first, because cdorf minos get mutations on doubles and chaos minos get them on singles.

The role of the mino on both teams is completely different too ("no AD ur wrong, they're BLOAT on both!!"). And you've then got to additionally factor in that yours is already -ma.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on %b %23, %2017 - %10:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tents on him would be great! Might pick it over Dodge, too.

Jump to: