33 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JigerJones

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Dalfort"]
BillBrasky wrote:
I love Fumbbl because Blood Bowl is an awesome game, and I get to play vs cool people like cdASSak, and MrT1212, and Kryten.

I also love this site because the Euros keep me somewhat aware of the perspective outside of my bunker dug deep in Mississippi.

Plus a lot of you make me laugh. I wish I could name you all but this page would be really long. Suffice it to say, if you're on my friend list, you're there!

I'm not either Sad
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an awesome site. Blood Bowl is also just a fun game.

It's incredible to me that this place is run and maintained for free with no advertisements or anything. Makes for a great community and it also makes me really appreciate the people who maintain and created it.

Thanks to Christer and company for doing that. Thanks to the community for being ALMOST always pleasant. This might be the best damn thing on the internet.

WOOP WOOP! DONATE!

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The best value in entertainment since 2013 for me.

Thanks for the shout out Brasky! You and others really make this a fun place to visit and invest my gaming time.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort on Bill's friend list or I quit too!!

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

hello people, what's going on this thr....

Awambawamb opens the door and see many coaches clad in teletubbies suits with cabalistic signs drawn on their bellies. On a makeshift altar made with printed screenshots of FUMBBL forum discussion in the center stand various miniatures of amazons and a mutilated figurine of a goblin. The goblin's mouth is clogged by a large, spiked football ball and the eyes have been replaced with dices.

...well, I have a yoga class in 5 minutes, just popping in to say hello.

Coach awambawamb slowly closes the door.

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This place is awesome. It's not perfect, but so what? It's awesome.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl:

Making 2017 Great!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Brasky:

Making whiskey gone!

Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Woaah! o.O

I'm not on your friend's list either?!

I'm done with this.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone on my friend list is in a League with me, or was and I was too lazy to delete them.

Join, Whiskey, NBFL, NWL, or 3db Highlander, and you'll be there!
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
In no particular order: great game, great community, great work from Christer and admins.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If Fumbbl were a song, it would be by DMX: "Fumbbl gon' Give it to ya!"
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 12:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
It's incredible to me that this place is run and maintained for free with no advertisements or anything. Makes for a great community and it also makes me really appreciate the people who maintain and created it.

Thank you (and the rest of you who posted here) for the kind words.

There are two core reasons the site doesn't have ads:

1. I really dislike obnoxious ads myself, and am prepared to take a bit of the cost of running the site to avoid it. This place isn't run for profit, and that has never been the purpose of it.

2. The donations cover a majority of the month to month costs, and donation drives tend to cover major hardware replacements when needed. Without these generous donations from people on the site, I'd be forced to find other ways to cover at least some of the costs.

A typical year of running the site costs around $1500, strictly for the ongoing costs (power, bandwidth, domains, certificates, backup costs, etc). With FUMBBL running on four servers, the hardware replacement cost is around the same. Typically, I tend to trust a server for roughly 4-5 years before I feel a need to replace it. It's significantly less work to upgrade a working server than it is to recover a server that failed.

At this point, one of the servers on the site (Deeproot, the firewall) is way older than I am comfortable with (build in 2007/2008), and another one (Fungus, the web server) is on the edge of comfort (built in 2012). Therefore, I will more than likely run a donation drive at some point this year to sort out a replacement for either one or both of these (possibly a higher spec single machine running virtual machines).

If anyone's interested in what hardware runs the site, there's a page in the help section that shows the specs: https://fumbbl.com//Hardware. There is also a build and configuration log for the last server upgrade (for Willow, the db server) I did a bit over a year ago (September 2015).
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well seeing as my badge has turned silver again, time to donate towards replacing Deeproot.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: