52 coaches online • Server time: 14:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no slippery slope.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2017 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
... That being said, the Stunty division is borderline dead with less than 10 matches played per day. As a direct consequence of it not having much interest from the coaches, the attention it gets from the staff (including me) is minimal. The Secret League project probably has more matches per day than Stunty at this point.

Without more interest in the division, I don't see much of anything happening with Stunty to be honest. To a point where I'm considering converting it into a L division league using the ruleset functions of the site.

Oh secret league certainly has more matches per day. That's also because there's updates and communication regarding this league, and basically none for Stunty.

Stunty has languished without someone at the helm, which isn't surprising, it was always kind of niche in the past. The last major didn't even get a front page news thing, the rules are stuck in this weird hybrid of old and new, and nothing seems to be happening with the division at all. If the site treats the division as dead, why would any player act differently? There was always a small portion of the site that played, but since WB and Shadow went away, the number dwindled, and dwindled, and dwindled.

There was a small step in the right direction when a couple of people were appointed to oversee [S] tournaments, but that was a few months ago. No steps have been taken since then...and even by the activity on this forum you can see that there's been almost no communication since the appointments. What actually happened, a brawl gets scheduled every now and then? Nothing besides that, including any sort of communication on the brawls themselves.

I know Stunty isn't your bag C, and I can see why you'd consider pulling the plug on the division entirely. That is one of the two options I see for the division anyway. The other would be to put someone at it's helm who's motivated, communicative, and passionate about [S]. Barring that, yes, perhaps letting it finally die is the right thing to do.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
... That being said, the Stunty division is borderline dead with less than 10 matches played per day. As a direct consequence of it not having much interest from the coaches, the attention it gets from the staff (including me) is minimal. The Secret League project probably has more matches per day than Stunty at this point.

Without more interest in the division, I don't see much of anything happening with Stunty to be honest. To a point where I'm considering converting it into a L division league using the ruleset functions of the site.

Please for the love of all fumbbl, dont do that.

I'll gladly volunteer for being the helm of Stunty Leeg, if it stops the closing of Stunty Leeg.

Im between jobs right now, so I have more than enough time.

I do a lot of NAF table top organizing, even including a stunty leeg table top tourney.
I'll do my best for getting some hype to stunty leeg.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2017 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Closing Stunty Leeg would be absurd, without moving teams somewhere, with all the teams made for it. Putting it in league might work if that makes things easier.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2017 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Closing Stunty Leeg would be absurd, without moving teams somewhere, with all the teams made for it. Putting it in league might work if that makes things easier.

What would make it easier other than making it even smaller?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2017 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If teams from different rulesets could play against each other the moving to [L]eague could be a plus. Mr. Green

Edit: Oops. I already said that. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
There's no slippery slope.

Who knows where it would go if there was.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah ogres got nerfed bad. PO for big guys only would have been the way to go.Also, after a game recently the money dice thing took my cash reserves below 140k - the price to replace an ogre. The rule of unintended consequences i guess.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Boohoo! There was times when majority of coaches were in favour of removing G access for stunty leeg big gyus. So sad! They were thinking that stunty would be much more stragetical play without bg:s killinng everythig. So sad again! Now that stunty is also without piling on, staregic couches shouls strive. Sad sad sad!

edit: too drunk
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
If teams from different rulesets could play against each other the moving to [L]eague could be a plus. Mr. Green

Stunty leeg has its own meta and balance. Most times you would just get your ass kicked when playing other teams.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:
koadah wrote:

Stunty leeg has its own meta and balance. Most times you would just get your ass kicked when playing other teams.

That would depend on who the other teams are. In the [L]eague division we can create all sorts of teams.

If people don't like a matchup they don't have to take it.

As it stands, teams can get stranded with no opponents.

Jump to: