34 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Highway

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, new to this so I apologise if this seems like a silly question.

I have noticed in my league that you can use a game name to arrange a game with a specific opponent. unfortunately i appear to lack the intelligence to actually do this???

So far I have just been using game finder and selecting at random. Any advice would be helpful as I am a complete newbie! Thanks in advance Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple. Agree on a game name with your opponent. Both of you use the same game name. Bob's your uncle.

Contact your opponent via PM or discord chat.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Can this be done between a Black Box team and a Ranked team?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

no, unless scheduled together in a tournament.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

more specifically @OP, hit the "play" button next to your team in the 145 league and when the client loads enter the gamename you've agreed on. Capitals count and you should make it unique since if everyone is calling their matches "145" you run the risk of joining the wrong game.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Highway, and welcome on Fumbbl.

Your question is not silly, and don't be afraid to ask question when you don't know Wink

To complete the Rbthma answer:
Rbthma wrote:
more specifically @OP, hit the "play" button next to your team in the 145 league and when the client loads enter the gamename you've agreed on. Capitals count and you should make it unique since if everyone is calling their matches "145" you run the risk of joining the wrong game.

If it's a scheduled game (in a scheduled league), it's not a "play" button but a "resume" button. But they work the same Wink
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

well, this is open-round robin so matches aren't scheduled though you play from a limited pool. Leagues/meta-groups and tournaments are some of the harder stuff to figure out on FUMBBL for new coaches Wink
Highway

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all of the replies.

I must be missing something; when I click on 'play'beside my team name i then receive files to download.

Once I have downloaded those files a new screen opens immediately to the match screen, without any opponent to play???

In short I do not get the option of entering a game name or selecting a team (i can select a team through game finder though)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

have you spectated any matches? that's the first test to see if you're setup properly.

You might want to join the discord channel too (links in the 145 PM thread) will be easier to get quick responses there.
Highway

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma yes I have spectated and played in matches. It appears that I am unable to choose a specific team to play
datom

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, your opponent would follow the same steps, enter the same game name, and then you would play.

So both you and your opponent agree a gamename beforehand, both hit play beside the team, both enter the game name, and then the game begins.

So, datom and rbthma decide to play
Datom messages rbthma and says, let's play my Frozen Olafs against your Rotters - gn 'olafrotter'
I click play beside my team, rbthma clicks play beside his
At the game screen, we both enter olafrotter as game name
Client asks us if we want to play, we both click yes, and away we go!

Make sense?

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

datom wrote:
Yes, your opponent would follow the same steps, enter the same game name, and then you would play.

So both you and your opponent agree a gamename beforehand, both hit play beside the team, both enter the game name, and then the game begins.

So, datom and rbthma decide to play
Datom messages rbthma and says, let's play my Frozen Olafs against your Rotters - gn 'olafrotter'
I click play beside my team, rbthma clicks play beside his
At the game screen, we both enter olafrotter as game name
Client asks us if we want to play, we both click yes, and away we go!

Make sense?
datom - thanks for the reply. What you are saying makes sense except for when I click play, it does not give me the option to to enter a game name? Where on the screen is this exactly?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Which team are you trying to use? Not As Old As Yer Ma?

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to suggest to Highway to move this to discord, as it's a bit unwieldy to follow in PMs and on the forum and I think we can solve the issue quicker that way - step by step. Follow the link in the 145 PM thread (first post)
 Jump to: