44 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the place of SR development announcements and Q&A.

SR sits in three repositories:
https://github.com/FUMBBLPlus/sr
https://github.com/FUMBBLPlus/sr-data
https://github.com/FUMBBLPlus/sr-pages

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Jun 06, 2018 - 06:31; edited 1 time in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL API requests
(in decreasing priority)

Coach and roster in tournament/schedule

This has a very high priority for SR since no coach data is stored permanently. SR needs the coaches of all teams took part in official tournament schedules for the last 52 weeks (or sometimes for even longer time). Currently I have to make team/get requests for each teams, many many requests, and I must do this every time I calculate SR. I can store roster values but coaches I can not. So what I am suggesting that both teams in the teams fields could be like this:

Code:
{
  "id": 0,
  "name": "string"
  "coach": {
  },
  "roster": {
  }
}

A new tournament/get endpoint

Currently there is no way to get the group of a tournament which is required for direct links to tournament schedules like this.

This endpoint could provide group ID, name, format (type in the old API), style (whatever it means), status, start and end times (see below), winner.

Just for the record, SR needs the following data for each tournament:
  • Group ID
  • Name
  • Elimination/Non-elimination format (derived from the type of the tournament provided by the old API)
  • Minor/Major/Major Qualifier (I know I have to enter this manually)
  • Level (same)
  • Teams which is the number of non-filler teams of round 1; currently derived from the schedule)
  • Top tournament ID (this chains qualifiers with the main tournament; has to get entered manually)
  • Status (Completed/in progress; currently derived from group/tournaments)
  • Winner as winners of non-elimination tournaments are awarded with an extra win (currently derived from group/tournaments)
  • End time of the tournament in seconds precision (currently derived in a complex way, see below)
  • Title (SR specific, entered manually)
  • Schedules and results (progressions) of teams and their coaches (listed for completeness)

Tournament format in group/tournaments

Old API has type and style values for tournaments of group which is missing from the new API. I never used stlyle nad honestly I don't know what it means but SR has different point allocation scheme for elimination and non-elimination types and I require that information. Because of this, an extra loop has to be made with an old API request.

Division and tournament group in match/list

For match/list I would need the following data for each match. This would harmonize with match/current. I would need division to get tournament matches of Ranked/Blackbox for the last week. With this I would know for sure which groups/tournament schedules I need to update. Currently system is set up to update all groups currently used:
Code:
    "division": "string",
    "tournament": {
      "group": 0
    },

Proper start/end times for group/tournaments

Currently start and end values are dates, end value is wrong as it shows the start date too and not even listed in Swagger UI.

I would like to have end value in "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" time format, identical with created and modified fields of tournament/schedule. In fact end value should be the last modified value of the tournament's schedule. Similarly, start value should be the first created value of the schedule.

I am parsing tournament/schedule for the end time as SR requires that to determine which tournament belongs to which weeks. As turn time is at 6:30 UTC, dates are not enough, but I may move turn time to server time midnight if necessary, although I would prefer to keep it in the less busy hours.

Unfortunately, old tournaments have no modified values in their schedule hence I would like to have their end times here which would make API more coherent as well IMO. For those tournaments currently I have to get the last match played and check for its finished time. Currently, getting a tournament's end time is done in a quite complex way for SR which I think is a common property of a tournament and should be handled in a more plain way.

Harmonizing time format for match/list

Instead of having separate date and time values, match times could be provided in a single value with format "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S". This would be similar as created and modified fields of tournament/schedule and I could spare some lines of code assembling the same value. But more importantly this would make FUMBBL API more coherent.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on May 28, 2018 - 07:37; edited 20 times in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Filler

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the effort once again. If nothing else, all of us here at Fumbbl can vouch for your skills if you're ever finding yourself needing a reference.
 Jump to: