24 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So which race will win?
Chaos Dwarf
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Lizardmen
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Khemri
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Chaos
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Wood Elf
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Dark Elf
23%
 23%  [ 13 ]
Orc
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 55

morehouse

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, great game, well done Malmir and had a lot of fun commenting. Here is the replay... https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=UAin5377o7k
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict Ultimate Mr. Men vs Ladyboys for the finale.

However Iowa Hawkorks can win if that 3ag leap DE blitzer is neutralized or just can't stick a landing.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

However Iowa Hawkorks can win if that 3ag leap DE blitzer is neutralized or just can't stick a landing.

4+ ftw!

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no fear at all that Pete will even try that because he's a known pixel hugger Razz
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mystic PC strikes again.

You must be scared Pete W.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2018 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Arktoris wrote:

4+ ftw!

Tell that to Rawlf Embarassed

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2018 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:
OK, great game, well done Malmir and had a lot of fun commenting. Here is the replay... https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=UAin5377o7k

I really enjoyed listening back to your commentary after the game. You reminded me of the golf commentators with the English/American contrast. I thought you both did a very good job!
morehouse

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzz won today in another quarterfinal, congrats to him. Here is a youtube stream replay with myself and PurpleChest doing some commentary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4f3eqAJbek
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

1 out of 3 for purplechest picks. I'll try to get you up to 50% this evening, PC...

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pete played a great game and beat me to advance to the semifinals vs. Malmir. Great game buddy, looking forward to watching your next one!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:
Pete played a great game and beat me to advance to the semifinals vs. Malmir. Great game buddy, looking forward to watching your next one!

Thx Morehouse - was a great fun game. Looking forward to hearing the commentary!

So 50% for PCs predictions.

What do people think about the semis?

Khemri or lizzies?

Dwarves or darkies?

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2018 - 10:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

What do people think?
People think Donald Trump is presidential material.
People think Brexit is a good idea.
People think the Kardashians should have fame and influence.

So sod what people think, here's what I think:

Beard Tripping vs Ultimate Mr. Men

2 of the very best coaches FUMBBL has to offer, maybe 2 of the top ten here, and that means anywhere. 2 Huge fat teams. Lets hope for a good game with somewhat even dice.

Malmirs Dwarves were mighty impressive vs the HUGE and evil Wood Elves last time out, and he welcomes back the 4 Dwarves that missed that game. That takes him up to a mighty 2470 TV and 16 fit and able Dwarves. He certainly wont be short of players unless the DE get some awesome cas dice. That said 4 are rookie Line Beards, 1 has just guard and 2 are guard+dodge. so is he short of MB? yes, a little, 7 MB at this TV is actually quite low for Dwarves, but still leaves enough to do some serious hitting. There is a Slayer with blodge and side step, safe even from juggernaut witches. The ball carrying will fall to the lone Runner, which has +AG and +Str, but is -MA. ONe runner isn't a lot, but both blitzers are MA6 and hence can carry ball in a pinch.

The DE have 13 players and sit at 2520 TV. The Blitzers and witch are still the stars here, with the witch's Leap, ag5 and frenzy/juggernaut offering great sideline options and the Blitzers heavy +stat goodness meaning they can do seemingly anything. He has 2 Blodge/SideStep line elves, one +str and one guard, for support, and then some rookie elves, 2 with tackle.

If that was my Dwarves, and with little left to outbash me in this tourney, I'd be firing some Beards, maybe 3 or even 4, and hiring a second runner, for if and when we need movement and a quick score. That would still see 13 or 14 dwarves fielded, and surely that would be enough. that would also see some cash for inducements, I think Malmir will see greater value in some in game aid than beards sat in the dug out doing nothing. Conversely i think we'll see PeteW buy a new Elf, he cant afford a second witch, but a line elf for the LOS makes all kinds of sense. 13 elves is light at high TV, and with the DE carrying a DP, more cover is needed.

As to the game this a tough one to call, hidden within all that cabbage about the teams is a startling fact: Malmirs' Dwarves come with 7 Blodge! And PeteW Darkies have but 3 tackle. So that gives a key advantage to the Dwarves, they are going to be hard to put down. The sidestepping Slayer also counters the juggernaut witch a bit, meaning sideline control is not going to default to the Dark Elves. But the Dwarf runner is slow and the DE Blitzers mighty. If the Dwarves get some early Casualties and can then start laying into the magic 5 i think they have the skills and the coach to take the tie, but any ball error or loose play will see the DE steal the ball and the game. Like your cousin, this one could go either way. I wouldn't gamble on this outcome, I wouldn't wager your money, let alone mine. But I wrote this as a picks post and hence must pick one, 51% DE win. There, done.

Badpublicity vs Rraavvaattzzeewwaa

2 Less famous coaches coaches here, Mateuszzzzzz has a Major win an XFL Masters title (ranging from worthless to 'Major status' depending who you ask) and is a regular qualifier and competitor in Majors, mostly with Lizzards. Badpublicity is new to the Tournaments scene, with this CoS his only qualifier win to date, and no Minor Tourneys either. Very much the 'Leicester City' of these finals, its a Cinderella story for a nice guy coach. the teamms couldn't be more different: Big fat Cold bloods vs Lean Mean Bone Boys.

The Lizzards sit at 2470 with 24000 in the bank. 5 well developed Sauri(yes Sauri, its a made up name in a made up world, i can choose the plural) have +str on two, mobility with Break Tackle and hittng power, with one just starting with Block the others provide really good options across the LoS. A Krox that ticks boxes with Guard, SF and Block an skinks that work, some SS, a DP, a str3 and a +MA+AG ball caddy. No surprises here, the Saurus do the hitting (I can be inconstant too, deal) while the skinks harry and ball. There is cash sat burning a hole here before readying and we may see another skink or two, just for insurance. If not he'll hope not to lose it and instead induce, probably babes to keep his good players on field playing.

The strength of the Khemri may be in not having any key players. 1830 TV with only 12 fit players. Surely the 12000 in bank is going to have to buy a bench, it's 20K short of a reroll. Speaking of which 3 rerolls looks tight, even with a Leader adding a 4th, he will need to get it done in regular time more than likely, or face Over-Time with few, if any, left. The TG's are all solid while none are spectacular. 2 are Block/Guard/MB, one Guard/MB and one Block/Frenzy. So any one out isnt a disaster as none are that special. The Skeletons show +AG on a thrower and a blitzer, so the Key Khemri worry of all AG2 is lightened and there is a str4 Blitzer, with BT/Tackle/Guard to do mobile hitting, but it lacks MB. Possibly the most important player is yet to arrive, with the huge inducement pile meaning we are highly likely to see Ramtut play.

It's not going to be enough though. The Lizzards take this one and the Kemri Party is over. Raw STR is not going to be enough against this pumped Lizzard team that is bringing 3 str5 players of their own. the dead lack the skills to put real fear into the skinks. If by turn 3 injured Saurus has become injured Sauri (and how would that sentence work with Saurus as a plural?) then just maybe. But no. Lizzards win.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2018 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Link to commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWakkwmcdIE&feature=youtu.be

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2018 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Badpublicity are planning Wednesday starting 21.
morehouse

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2018 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
Me and Badpublicity are planning Wednesday starting 21.

Cool, we will have to get a commentary team on it!
 Jump to: