45 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Frenzy or guard
Frenzy
58%
 58%  [ 18 ]
Guard
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
something else
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This badass with 7 TDs almost all on defense and 13 cas leveled up with singles on this team. Should he get Frenzy, guard, or something else?[/url]
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

juggs?
pro?

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
juggs?
pro?

I don't think I would get as much value out of either as I would get out of a second mb block/the positional advantage or an 8th guard
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro = Strip Ball ≥ Frenzy > Guard = Juggernaut

Frenzy is a good choice. I like Pro and Strip Ball a little better for this guy, but to each their own.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut is an incredible hitter skill for a Piling On player. I find I like it even without Frenzy: my legendary blitzer on my NBFL squad uses Juggernaut at least about once a game, maybe more, and often pulls down a casualty by either negating Wrestle, or negating Fend to let me pile on.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, almost makes you nostalgic for the days of POMB. Smile You have seven Guards, that should do for the time being. Frenzy increases the chance of player removal so it's a good choice, then Juggs next. Ideally you want to have a second hitter who won't get Frenzy trapped. Also, more Tackle.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

frenzy 51
dauntless 76
juggernaut 176

or reverse 76 and 176 skills depending on your opponents.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Seventyone wrote:
juggs?
pro?

I don't think I would get as much value out of either as I would get out of a second mb block/the positional advantage or an 8th guard

You wouldn't get as much VALUE out of PRO as you would FRENZY? Are you crazy or just another coach that doesn't know how AWESOME Pro can be?

How much is a Reroll in Team Value anyway? It's usually 50k or 60k for most teams, right?
Pro is 1/2 Reroll, right? That makes it worth 25k to 30k.

Pro can be used on:
Going For It making it 1/2 Sure Feet,
Picking Up the Ball making it 1/2 Sure Hands,
Catching the Ball making it 1/2 Catch,
Throwing the Ball making it 1/2 Pass,
Dodging Away making it 1/2 Dodge
and you can use Pro in a few other ways.

Assume each of those skills were a Normal Skill for your player (and they are not) they are each worth 20K, right?
So, if Pro is worth 1/2 a ReRoll then these skills also gain 1/2 of are each worth 10K, right? That's 50k.

When is Frenzy ever going to Roll you out of Double Skulls? Pro will 1/2 of the time. And Pro won't let you move 1 square too far into trouble.

When is Frenzy going to help you Dodge away from the unimportant player they using to man-mark you?
When is Frenzy going to help you run 1 or 2 extra squares to reach and attack your target?

And sure, with THIS player, you don't want him to have the ball, really. But when you need someone that could pickup catch of pass the ball when you are in a pinch... what good is Frenzy going to do?

Pro is WAY BETTER than Frenzy. It is better than a TON of skills.
Pro makes Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Leap, Sprint, Pass Block, Grab and even Frenzy better

It can even be more valuable than a Team Reroll. You can only use a Team Reroll 1 time per HALF. Twice per game.
You can use Pro 8 times per half... 16 times per game... 24 times if you go into overtime.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Having said all of that. Take GUARD.

Orcs need MASS Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle and Guard.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Plenty of valid choices, I would take frenzy to max blocks/knockdowns and also give a secondary level of pitch control.

I would put guard on the backburner for such a player as, in reality, you never really want him assisting in a scrum, and if all goes well, he will be spending a lot of time on the floor too.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It is not even close. Frenzy.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2018 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On! Wow I thought league was meant to be friendlier than Ranked and Box. :-O

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2018 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) pilin on in my league costs a reroll so I haven't really used it. It sucks, he got pilin on like a game or 2 before the bb2016 rule change to the site. I think he has only used it once or twice since the rule went in. A true tragedy
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2018 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Then buy a team reroll, and get a leader! Those 2 actions will make this guy really work.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2018 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Orcs need MASS Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle and Guard.

Fake news!

Orcs need MASS Frenzy!
 Jump to: