32 coaches online • Server time: 09:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to line up my team for the World Cup and would like to do some training games but some of the guys can't manage the schedule of the official NAF Online tourneys, so I'd like to be able to play a pick-up game in the NAF style setting. How can this be done? Can I use the teams in the NAF Online group, or do I need to create a separate group? If the latter, what rules set do I need to use, or does such a group possibly even already exist?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, SzieberthAdam was kind enough to walk me through creating the relevant rules set, it's no. 908 for anyone interested. Currently it's World Cup rules, day 1. I will be rotating between days 1, 2 and 3 on irregular intervals. The coaches can see what day it currently is by clicking "view roster" on their team profile. You can use the rules set for your own training groups. Teams from different groups using this rules set will be able to play against each other in open play.
Waterboy

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Joined it.. but why are the tresury 1250000?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Because tier 4 can spend up to 1250k on players if they use the extra cash. It's unfortunately the only way Fumbbl can handle the World Cup rules. So what you wanna do is you build your team according to World Cup rules on a piece of paper (or spreadsheet or whatever) and then you buy whatever it is you bought, so that'll probably leave you with some leftover cash. Same is true for skills, the skill settings are set up to enable the maximum skills and maximum doubles tier 4 could get, but you should only take the skills that are legal for your team build, and take "no skill" on the other slots. You still have to choose a player though, otherwise Fumbbl can't process it. And last not least, the client might offer you to buy inducements but you should only do so if your legal build contains inducements, and you should only ever buy the inducements you have stated on your team bio. Yes it's a bit clumsy but it's the best we can do and that, as a result, gives you fully World Cup compliant teams. (Well except the stat increases for tier 4, for those you need an admin.)

Last edited by Verminardo on Nov 17, 2018 - 23:30; edited 1 time in total
Waterboy

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Already did and are readybto play
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There are specific Excel sheets available at the World cup website under http://www.nafworldcup.sbbm-turniere.com/

Which is also where you can sign up!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Lundgren: I think you picked all the skills, but Skaven are tier 1, so on day 1, they are only entitled to 60k extra cash. You can only spend the extra cash on skills, not any leftovers from the minimum 1100k for the roster. So might as well take a Cheerleader or a point of Fan Factor to use up the 1100k. Then with 60k you can get one of three options:

* 3 normal skills on 3 different players
* 1 normal and 1 double on 2 different players (10k leftover for the roster)
* 2 normal skills on the same player (10k leftover for the roster)

Yes, these rules are pretty harsh for tier 1. Smile
Waterboy

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, havent noticed we played day 1
 Jump to: