54 coaches online • Server time: 19:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2018 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I am better with elf style teams than bashers. I have no apologies for playing elf teams more.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2018 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:
By your own arguments, it sounds like Ranked is a rather pointless division. Why on Earth would I want to play there then?

Kinda like "why play Box when you have Instant Smack Tournaments?"

Because you only need 4 coaches for a Box draw, and there is a much better chance of getting a closer TV match-up? (Especially for lower-TV teams).

Plus, the fact that people don't always have the time to play 2 games back-to-back?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2018 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in Ranked, you only need 2 coaches. This is why I went with Ranked when I was doing a lot of open play: at my hours, Box draws were often a quixotic venture. (Weird: my spell-checker doesn't think "quixotic" should be capitalized, but insists on it with "Sisyphean." What's up with that?)

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2018 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of developing teams, I would guess it depends on the race. Ranked is much better for developing elves and the like, because you can pick. Killer teams don't develop much in ranked for the exact same reason.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2018 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that is what people usually guess. But then the biggest elf teams in the FC, mrt1212's Coca Loca BBL and my own Luckville Dodgers (who lost to said HE), both over 2600 TV, are from B. In reality the difference is much smaller than in theory.
highball

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome. I suggest watching some games as well as playing.

Good luck!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2018 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

How to attract/keep new players. Well, turning a discussion thread into a rehashed, bickering thread about which division and established coaches have the right way to play is definitely not the method.
Matt started the sidetrack but it seems many are still happy to pile on.