39 coaches online • Server time: 19:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
havaji

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I created a group and a custom ruleset to practice for the upcoming World Cup in october. The ruleset uses the CRP version of Piling On (no reroll needed) but when i play a match against another team also created using the same ruleset the client still uses a reroll for Piling On.

This game was started by just clicking "play" next to the team so not part of a tournament within the group. Is this why Piling On still requires a reroll, or am I missing something?

Heres the game, happens in T1 of second half.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4037158
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a bug to me.
Best file a bug report.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I use piling on in a ruleset and it works fine. are you sure you havent got
" Piling On requires a Team Reroll." set
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This is not necessarily a bug. This happens if the teams created through the ruleset play an open for all game. They need to be part of the group as well, and preferably also part of a tournament created for that group, although the latter is probably not needed in most cases.

Last edited by bghandras on Jan 09, 2019 - 13:57; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that may be the clue.

On ruleset options "Allow cross-league matches, assuming ruleset is the same." is not switched on for WCday2 though it is switched on WCday1.

I don't think that teams should need to be in the same group.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 13:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Unless things have changed since the match, this does indeed seem like a bug. Both teams are part of the WCday2 ruleset, and the client should be getting the option sent to it during the startup process.

Given that the option is reported to work elsewhere, this could potentially be an effect of a bug where ruleset options get "reset" after a disconnect. The match was restarted twice, so that would well be the case.
havaji

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx everyone for the replies, i'll investigate some more and see if the disconnects may have been the issue.
havaji

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2019 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Played another game, PO worked without RR, then a disconnect and all of a sudden PO required a RR. Disconnect probably the culprit here.

Thx all for helping me find it!
 Jump to: