47 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I just entered the BB and my 1430 humans were drawn against 1510 chaos dwarfs despite my also activating 1460 skaven and 1530 lizards - which would appear to have been much fairer matchups. Anyone know why it did that, I thought it tried to select the fairest match?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesnt it factor in number of games played, too?

Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Also it checks whether you've been a good boy recently. Good boys get a cookie. Bad boys get coal. You've been a very, very bad DrDeath!

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/blackbox?op=scheduler&r=2019-02-01+14%3A45

Presume it's that draw...
I don't see Lizards or Skaven there at all in any of the pairings. You sure you activated them?
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Your Skaven and Lizardmen are both 10 games old while your opponents team has over 15. This makes the algorithm apply an extra factor in order to decrease the suitability score. Happens for your humans (14 games) too, but in a smaller amount. So maybe thats it.
Or maybe the formulas racial factor, derived from past results looks different than your or common perception assumes it to.

Fairness is a very subjective affair. Your take on it isnt necessarily the same as the schedulers.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 18:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If everything is like I remember then there is a limit to the TV range of opponents you can play until you hit 30 games with that team.

look at my rank team on my coach page.

Dance Mr. Astley Norse 10k 2/0/1 970k ±150 Play

However the algorithm works '±150' is the range that your team can play.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass, you are refering to the rookie protection zone. At 14 games the allowed TV difference is 23%, at 10 games it is 15%.

The algorithm is described here.
razmus

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

(I think Lorebass is also referring to the rookie protection from the RANKED division, and the original post was about BLACKBOX. Rawlf's link is, I think, the most relevant... especially the part:
Code:
8. Calculate rookie protection factor:
r_games = ( Min(games_1, games_2) + 1 ) / 15, if either team has less than 15 games and the opponent 15 or more
r_games = 1, otherwise

)

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

'New Team Protection' would be, by far, the biggest factor. After that, I'm not sure what kind of TV range deviations between possible opponents would be created by the random element in the formula.

"5. Apply a small random factor, and normalise:
d = ( d_0 + rand(0, 0.02) ) / 0.52"

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answers guys, an interesting one. There obviously must be one or two other factors in play. I guess the lizzies and skaven may have been discounted as 'new' teams, thought that went at 10 games but maybe it's 11. However the algorithm works, it is at least the same for nearly all coaches - although that said if you have a battered Tier 2 or lower side in the BBT and don't have the option of retiring, you could certainly be disadvantaged by an 'aging valuation' against non-BBT teams.

Welcome back Chainsaw - while you've been away I have been a very good boy honest, well except to my linerats Very Happy
 Jump to: