22 coaches online • Server time: 09:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. I will be going to play in a tabletop resurrection Swiss style tournament game next month. 6 games. 1200 TV per team.

I will use Lizardmen for the first time on tabletop.
Lizardmen count as tier 1. There isn't a big gap in the tiers this time with 150K for skills on tier 1, 170 for tier 2, and 190 for tier 3.
Doubles are allowed, but not stats. One given skill per player max, and no more than 3 identical skills given per team.

Sometimes doubles are not allowed on tier 1, so that is a big deal. For Undead on mummies, some teams with Big Guys, and then for Lizardmen I think Sure Hands on a skink is a big thing to avoid wasting rerolls. If you drop at least a team reroll isn't gone. And Lizardmen may need some rerolls for both downs.

1100 tv is a fairly obvious lineup for Lizardmen which fits well. Krox, 6 Saurus, 4 skinks, 3 rerolls and an apo for 1090. +1 FF. However 1200 is an awkward amount as you can't quite afford both a team reroll and skink extra (60 each). You get 1 of those and have 50k wasted on ff/coaches/cheerleaders. We can't take babes. You could change a reserve to a chainsaw player but that would be odd. So I was also considering an option with Slibli.

First team option:
Krox (Guard)
3 Saurus with block
1 Saurus with tackle
1 Saurus with another skill-Frenzy/guard/break tackle/mblow?
1 rookie saurus
1 skink with sure hands (double)
4 rookie skinks (12 players)
apothecary
3 FF. 1 cheerleader. 1 coach.

Another thing is I could give the Krox block (double) instead of the 3rd Saurus but then I end up with 1 less skill due to the budget. Perhaps could get leader for the option below.

2nd team option:
Slibli (7,4,1,9 loner, block, grab, stand firm)
Krox (Guard)
3 Saurus with block
1 Saurus with tackle
1 Saurus with another skill-Frenzy/guard/break tackle/mblow?
1 rookie saurus
1 skink with sure hands (double)
3 rookie skinks (12 players)
1 reroll
1 FF. 1 coach. 1 cheerleader
So that gives me 8 strong players. But then I don't have an apo. And lacking rrs.And still wasting 30k..

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take Hemlock as your 12th player. I won my local TT tournament a few months ago with that setup. Overall he is excellent - blodge, sidestep, stab and jump up for 170tv is very handy especially at low tv. Always a bit 'rock, paper, scissors' but then all Blood Bowl is. He may not be great against dwarfs but good against most and great vs elfs, skaven and stunties.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 05, 2019 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It is useful that he has blodge, sidestep but I probably wouldn’t try and carry with him without sure hands to pick up. Seems hard to justify the price tag. Interesting idea though. Also I think move and stab still counts as a blitz.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2019 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but I wouldn't use him as a ballcarrier. He's a great safety on the wing with blodge and sidestep, and the blodge gives him extra protection over your usual skinks, especially at low tv. Your opponent will probably have one tackler, maybe two at that tv and you can try to pin that down with your kroxk/sauri giving Hemlock further protection (in fact amazing how many coaches don't even bother taking a tackler at all). Sidestep and jumpup is great, because if he fails to hurt him you can then usually stab right back at no risk of a turnover, with just a block action. Against blodged up elf/skaven teams he also gives the option of a stunty dodge and stab to the middle of a cage - not terrible odds and again you have a blodge sidestepper then to complicate things in the cage afterwards... I think he's great, worked for me anyway (and that included a game against dwarfs - if they can't get him off the pitch he's still very handy)!
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Hemlock could work. I feel like I would always be worried about that pow coming in.
I realized with these rules star players can be the 11th player. Maybe could do 2 rr with Slibli option.