22 coaches online • Server time: 08:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently began assembling a set of the new GW goblins. I bought two boxes because I wanted 4 for my orc team and some for an underworld team.

How many basic goblin models will I need for my goblin team?

I already have two trolls and all 6 "positional" players, but I like the idea of fielding all lineman rosters from time to time so it has to be a minimum of 11...

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

11 seems like a reasonable number.

Depending on how you model the 'ooligan he can probably stand in for a 12th goblin too.

That should be enough for an all-goblin roster, since I'm assuming the point would be to take advantage of inducements.
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
11 seems like a reasonable number.

Depending on how you model the 'ooligan he can probably stand in for a 12th goblin too.

That should be enough for an all-goblin roster, since I'm assuming the point would be to take advantage of inducements.

I'm using the forgeworld ooligan.

I've got 20 goblins, I just want to know how many I should reserve for my gobbo team and how many I should put up for a future underworld project.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 19:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

13 guys total is a generally good amount for a goblin team, so minus two trolls you best have 11 or 12 goblins
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

11 seems about right. On a non all lineman team, you definitely want the two trolls, bringing you up to 12-13.

Then, 3-4 of the cheaters/positionals. (Chainsaw and fanatic are my favourites, but a bomber that gets lucky with hail mary pass can be brilliant fun.)

The doom diver is a great help on throw team mate attempts and the pogoer a good ball-carrier....for a goblin.

The various hardware the gobbos bring at the only way to make gobbos somewhat competitive. I would've leave home without a lot of them.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 06:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I do not go with bombers...
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In the goblin kit, there are a pair of "balls." Those are actually goblins/snotlings disguised as balls. I decided those were aerodynamic enough that one would be my doomdiver.
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Also, I do not go with bombers...

Why no Bombers?