88 coaches online • Server time: 22:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems

Differences to the Disconnection Procedure in the Blackbox Division

1. Not turning up to a game once scheduled is treated the same as disconnecting and carries the same procedures and penalties with one difference. The opposing coach has 10 minutes to join the game or it counts as a disconnection. Once both coaches are in game the normal 15 minute inactivity period is in place.
2. The time to complete the match in point 2.2b is reduced from 1 week to 3 days.
Chivite

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this whole thing has degraded into an absolute mockery of good conduct lads.
Lets go back to grown up land, shall we?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

1. Not turning up to a game once scheduled is treated the same as disconnecting and carries the same procedures and penalties with one difference. The opposing coach has 10 minutes to join the game or it counts as a disconnection. Once both coaches are in game the normal 15 minute inactivity period is in place.
2. The time to complete the match in point 2.2b is reduced from 1 week to 3 days.

Ok, I hadn't seen that page. Still, it says:

If after a week the game is still unresolved submit a support ticket and the game will be decided.

It doesn't seem clear to me that means the non-d/c-ing coach will definitely get awarded a win. Even if that is C's intention, right now, it can't be implemented anyway. Which is just the way it is. It's not a perfect world ...

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 02:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

No shows are not very common on the ticket front.

Often it's a very new coach who doesn't know how things function yet.
Sometimes the site display of the draw is a bit slow, and it's easy to assume it was a no draw (a quick pm usually resolves this)
Most common is a real life issue that led to the no show.

Very very rarely would I consider it a coach shirking an unfavourable draw.

However much you hate no shows, imo they are not common enough to consider any automatic (non-admin) treatment.

Dropped games are more common. But that's not what this thread is about
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Ok, I hadn't seen that page. Still, it says:

If after a week the game is still unresolved submit a support ticket and the game will be decided.

It doesn't seem clear to me that means the non-d/c-ing coach will definitely get awarded a win. Even if that is C's intention, right now, it can't be implemented anyway. Which is just the way it is. It's not a perfect world ...

2.2b You and your opponent have 1 week to finish the game. If after a week the game is still unresolved submit a support ticket and the game will be decided.

I think the vision of Blackbox was to have a way of getting instant guaranteed gaming. However clearly the original intent and how a lot of you view the division is a bit different.

Guessing from what lambchopsandmintsauce is saying, maybe things have changed and the above needs reviewing. For the staff there were certainly sticky issues regarding box no shows.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Some recursion might be in order for the sake of disabusing people from vestiges of quaint idealism.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 02:59
FUMBBL Staff

harvestmouse wrote:

Guessing from what lambchopsandmintsauce is saying, maybe things have changed and the above needs reviewing. For the staff there were certainly sticky issues regarding box no shows.

So according to the rules as stated, 3 days to try and sort it out yourself, then submit a ticket.

My first response to these tickets is usually "show me the pm". If you've just sat on your hands and not even tried to resolve it yourself, I'll be less than impressed.

For no shows, I'd encourage people to sort it out themselves. But if you are genuinely trying, I'm happy to look at tickets prior to the 3 days.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How many no shows are ticketed? Very few I doubt. This was always something that got mostly sorted in live chat.

Personally I think that a box no show and a disconnection are different and should be treated differently.

With a disconnection in most situations try to get it finished. If you get them cancelled, that'll lead to more disconnections.

However with box no shows, get it cancelled and move on. The staff have logs and can monitor for suspicious activity. Drawing out box schedules goes against box ethics.... in my opinion anyway.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
However with box no shows, get it cancelled and move on. The staff have logs and can monitor for suspicious activity. Drawing out box schedules goes against box ethics.... in my opinion anyway.

Oh, but a nice ripe cherry might get away. A coach might miss out on a chance to nudge up their CR by 0.01.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2019 - 16:59
FUMBBL Staff

Right. I was going to write a longer post about entitlement and spoiled children, but I figure it's a waste of time.

Locking this thread as it's already gone around in the same circle multiple times.
 Jump to: