27 coaches online • Server time: 03:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill to pick ?
Block
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Guard
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
MB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

KhaTazadun

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2019 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys
I just skilled my rookie catch-ra from zandri in Secret League and i got 4+4. I was wondering if doubles are worth taking early on catch-ras.
Guard is probably the best strength skill on him, but i don't really want that as it will make him go in the melee. I don't think MB is a good choice either, as a st2 guy will struggle to get good blocks. Other strength skills aren't really appealing

The 'normal' choice would be to give him block as a defensive skill.

What do you think ? Skip the double or not ?
KhaTazadun

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2019 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

KhaTazadun wrote:
Hey guys
I just skilled my rookie catch-ra from zandri in Secret League and i got 4+4. I was wondering if doubles are worth taking early on catch-ras.
Guard is probably the best strength skill on him, but i don't really want that as it will make him go in the melee. I don't think MB is a good choice either, as a st2 guy will struggle to get good blocks. Other strength skills aren't really appealing

The 'normal' choice would be to give him block as a defensive skill.

What do you think ? Skip the double or not ?
Forgot to put the player, here it is : https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12743998
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2019 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:30; edited 1 time in total
Nohistor

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2019 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take block, a blodger is always good to have, then sidestep as next skill. But thats me Wink
lanky316

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2019 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for making him a blodger myself. With the little more agility than most of your players and the speed he's more useful on his feet. As the opponent in the match I was able to get plenty of 2D blocks on him but not having block on any of my side I had to settle for pushed back and down. His ability to stay on his feet managed to keep me from getting a good hit in for your scores so would want him on his feet as much as possible. With no other Guard players in the line up yet I'd still be hopeful of getting him down.
Bram

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2019 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on a ballcarrier isn't a bad skill. Especially when your opponent goes "all-in" and tries to overwhelm you and manages to put one or more tackle zones on the ballcarrier. Your other players will need his guard to block him free.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2019 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard. As bram explained, Guard can be useful passively in order to have a guaranteed assist when opponent players mark the player.
Guard helps with chainpushes too, in case you should free your marked Catch-Ra (he can take Side Step as regular skill).
 Jump to: