46 coaches online • Server time: 16:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to another successful season of the E.L.F.!! I never imagined how many coaches would be willing to take part in such a concept when I dreamed up the group some months back.

For those unfamiliar with the E.L.F., we are a group of elven coaches who defy the conventional fumbbl wisdom that "elves play other elves and nobody else, ESPECIALLY not the bashy races". Any elf team can join the E.L.F. (please limit to two teams per coach), and once a member you can still play whoever you choose. But if you want to earn E.L.F. points, you have to play non-elves...ESPECIALLY the bashy races!! Dwarves, chaos, khemri...if you want to compete for the E.L.F. grand championship, you're going to have to play these monsters of the pitch! To date, E.L.F. members have volunteered to play...

40 Chaos
27 Dwarves
27 Khemri
28 Nurgle
44 Orc

even 14 Ogres! Argue what you want about "low level bashers aren't bashy" or other such idiocy; the bottom line is E.L.F. elven teams play ALL other races, in defiance of the norm. We're just trying to regain a measure of respect on-pitch.

This season, nobody did more towards that end than startrek.nl, who raised the bar for playing other races to a whole new level. Congratulations on your championship, Rijssiej! You definitely earned it!

To answer any questions, there will indeed be a season III, starting immediately and running through the end of June. However, IRL concerns (new job, new baby, moving a thousand miles to a new house) are going to soak up virtually all of my time in the near future. Therefore, I have enlisted Rijssiej and Uber to be group staff, to help with recording of scores. Unfortunately, only the group founder can update the list of races played, so you'll be responsible on your own for knowing which races remain in your current cycle. Follow the group link to the game report page for Season III, and keep reporting as normal. Anybody have questions, ask one of the group staff.

Good luck everybody, and thanks for turning a dream I thought would entail 3 or 4 teams into a monster reality!

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the E.L.F, AFK_Eagle!

I joined with a TR 200 DE team, and actually never thought I would throw them against bashy team any longer (so light-heartedly). The E.L.F. made me do that. In the first match vs. a Khemri team I won, but suffered 2 perm RIPS. Well, the E.L.F. keeps your TR low. Wink

Good luck to you in your RL!
And good luck to all those fierce Elves playing in the E.L.F.! Let´s make No.3 even larger than No.2!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

so.. you make a group for people that play the game they way it was meant to be (i.e. play every other race?)...
kinda sad isn't it?.. elves should every challenge that comes up and is within a reasonable range.. *sigh*...

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack isn't it kind of sad to be that sad even when something's fixed? Even if it is done with bubblegum Wink
Shinan

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll see how many games my Ballpassers will have time for in the third season. But at least they'll probably be back for real in the fourth!

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

And remember you get double the points, (at least as far as I'm concerned) for playing matches against EMU teams,... especially EMU orcs..., erm, especially my orcs, Pain State!.

I'll even play you when EMU isn't running...like now for instance.

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Wink
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

He, Candlejack, what a statement.

The sad thing is that the R-division is full of bashy team, that delight on destroying teams (he, my DE played Orcs that in 50 games only once encountered a bashy team themselves..).

If there wouldn´t be sooo many coaches out there, that foul your players with DPs even if the match is decided, elves would accept even more games. The situation is not like this due to the scary ag-team players, but due to the bashy team players (not to mention the EMU..).

I play Ag teams in tourneys as well, and there they face any opponent, but there is no reason to have your team destroyed in R-division
 Jump to: