63 coaches online • Server time: 23:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christy

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2019 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa wrote:
I don't know how hard it would be to do, but it'd be awesome if you could see racial tables as well as the full table.

Probably not but just to check what you mean. Rank individuals by race? I.e.
Dark Elves
Player Points
Malmir 25
Wozza 20
Christy 5
Etc.
Dwarves
Player Points
Wozza 25
Malmir 20
Christy 5
Etc.

Etc.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2019 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Good score that Malmir - well played! Should be in with a shot of the title with that - exact same score of 74% (ignoring racial bonuses) won it last year. Should be interesting again though, some other impressive scores being notched up - Strider in particular is going very nicely!

On number of squads have to say I have rather mixed feelings about the current season. I understand why Christer has allowed repeat entries - to maximise games played in the Box and in a sense that is a good thing. But personally I really don't like the fact that those coaches who have more free time get extra shots at the title. By analogy Man Utd don't get two or more goes at the FA Cup because they are rich do they? Fummbl is great in that you can't pay money to gain any advantage whatsoever, but having the alternative currency of extra time should not give you any advantage either. Ah well - it's Christer's site and a great one, and of course if those are the rules that's what we will play by. No fault of any coaches and if you can get in two seasons then good for you (I definitely won't be able to as you've probably guessed)! Good to see lots of games played recently though.

As an alternative for next season, it would be fairer if each coach could only have one tilt at the Trophy, then if folks want to play more games then maybe there could be a second competition - call it the Shield or whatever - for teams that have already played in one or more previous seasons of the Trophy. This competition at higher TVs would provide something different, and prevent the proliferation of claw/Mb chaos sides at higher TVs (where they are more of a problem anyway). Also it would keep a lot of the teams going - have heard several coaches say it's a shame they have 'redundant' BBT teams which they don't play anymore, this would use these again. Just a suggestion anyway Smile
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2019 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So, how did you guys decide on the races you were going to play? Last time, I had gone for something I felt to be an "optimal" build but I couldn't really stay motivated throughout the trophy, did complete 111 games but too much of it felt like a chore. So I went for more variety this time. That also ruled out all the races I played last time, which was most of tier 2.

>> Took Flings for the giggles and also to take the pressure off in terms of overall score. That meant enough points to get three decent races and hopefully more wins to keep me motivated.
>> Therefore, took Darkies next, d'uh. My favourite race anyway, suits my play style, plus a bargain at 2 points, no brainer.
>> Needed another tier 2 roster, the only ones I hadn't played yet were Humans and Renegades, therefore easily settled on Humans, clearly stronger in the format, plus I do like them, plus, good meta with all those Elves and Stunties that the Trophy brings to the Box.
>> That left me with 3 points so could have one tier 1 race. Had been planning to go Undead (strongest race according to stats and I'm also not too bad with them), but then I just didn't feel like it, it just seemed too boring, plus, my expectations would be too high with them. So took Chaos Dwarves instead. How are Cheese Dorfs less boring than Undead, you ask? Well I think in the format they are, plus I just fancied them. I felt they were a little underrated in the stats so maybe if I got a good run I might have a chance at the racial lead, which would be pretty cool.

So, yeah, that was my reasoning. Plan is working so far, I have 20% completed and still super motivated! Very Happy
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2019 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, Malmir started a new squad including Chaos Dwarves. So tough competition now for racial lead... Razz What's the idea with those additional squads, will only the best entry count in the end, or should we expect 4x Malmir in the Top 10? Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2019 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Good score that Malmir - well played! Should be in with a shot of the title with that - exact same score of 74% (ignoring racial bonuses) won it last year. Should be interesting again though, some other impressive scores being notched up - Strider in particular is going very nicely!

On number of squads have to say I have rather mixed feelings about the current season. I understand why Christer has allowed repeat entries - to maximise games played in the Box and in a sense that is a good thing. But personally I really don't like the fact that those coaches who have more free time get extra shots at the title. By analogy Man Utd don't get two or more goes at the FA Cup because they are rich do they? Fummbl is great in that you can't pay money to gain any advantage whatsoever, but having the alternative currency of extra time should not give you any advantage either. Ah well - it's Christer's site and a great one, and of course if those are the rules that's what we will play by. No fault of any coaches and if you can get in two seasons then good for you (I definitely won't be able to as you've probably guessed)! Good to see lots of games played recently though.

As an alternative for next season, it would be fairer if each coach could only have one tilt at the Trophy, then if folks want to play more games then maybe there could be a second competition - call it the Shield or whatever - for teams that have already played in one or more previous seasons of the Trophy. This competition at higher TVs would provide something different, and prevent the proliferation of claw/Mb chaos sides at higher TVs (where they are more of a problem anyway). Also it would keep a lot of the teams going - have heard several coaches say it's a shame they have 'redundant' BBT teams which they don't play anymore, this would use these again. Just a suggestion anyway Smile

Not sure any of this is relevant at all really - surely you would be playing your best races within the 7pts only once, and you would give it your all.

If anything the new system caters even more for people with less time as you now only have 100 games to play.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2019 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
DrDeath wrote:

Not sure any of this is relevant at all really - surely you would be playing your best races within the 7pts only once, and you would give it your all.

If anything the new system caters even more for people with less time as you now only have 100 games to play.

Agree with AD. I worked out my best combo straight away but thought, as I could, I would try some races and combos I wouldn't normally play first. Had never played an underworld match and hardly any gobbos. Have still never played as ogres but will soon. That isn't really an advantage is it?
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2019 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@Christy exactly that.

So not only do you have the whole table, but also racial leads you can be chasing.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask and you shall receive. Check the bottom of the page now, those little pics are all buttons.
Might turn everything into tables and give precise numbers but it isn't as pretty and the graphs do seem to get the message across pretty well and pretty quickly. Thoughts?

Racial points not including any extra points from games played or racial leads.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12127
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That's awesome, in some of the more popular races it's hard to see where you are at comparatively on the box trophy page so this helps. Maybe the top average point could be highlighted since it's ordered by overall points? Fantastic though Smile
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Christy = Legend

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
That's awesome, in some of the more popular races it's hard to see where you are at comparatively on the box trophy page so this helps. Maybe the top average point could be highlighted since it's ordered by overall points? Fantastic though Smile

Will stick in a number on the left hand column so you know where you are on the list.

Will think about highlighting the top average. I went with top score to order them as I didn't want small number of games to dominate. Maybe highest average minimum 5 games?

There are a decent 1 win out of win or 2 or 3 win out of 2/3 games that might skew it. Even I can win a game occasionally and don't want stuff like that skewing it!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's fine like this. Thanks a lot.

it might not be very helpful currently, but once 10-20 people have finished you get a clear idea where you need to be with each race to get a racial lead and can factor in the decision on an eventual second squad.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That is super awesome, thank you Christy! Very Happy
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2019 - 01:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Very very cool and useful, thank you so much.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2019 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the stats, super good work
 Jump to: