48 coaches online • Server time: 13:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christy

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So PCs new segment on the podcast made me curious. What is beatable for each race. So figured I would go back in time as it was a simple change (aside from some old weird names breaking BBCode). I have all the relevant graphs but I haven't put them in yet. Might do, especially as this is not something that has to be updated (well once a year to get the last season in the books). Main page is also updated for today
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12127&op=view

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12179
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2019 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst I am enjoying the trophy, i am not in it to win it nor will I probably complete my games in any event...

But I think I have crueled my chances as my flings team is 910k TV and I can't get a game. Did I set them too low? If I mono-select the flings, will I get a game more easily?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2019 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Just keep trying for a bit. I had two teams clubbed down to 920k after the first match, both got a game eventually. It's easier with a bigger draw of course. If all else fails, chug them in a Brawl.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2020 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Uuh PurpleChest has two games left to go but is going to take the lead even if he loses both! Impressive finale there! But the HE and DE racial leads will probably not hold so both Malmir's and Kolian's score could still be a winner in the end... the suspense!! Very Happy
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2020 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to see the top 1 score of every Box Trophy season, or at least the highest Box Trophy score ever on the Trophy page.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2020 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it was a different number of games each time so that won't be saying much. Wink But yeah, would be nice to have the historic rankings available again.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2020 - 22:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well after getting draws in both those final games, by hook or by crook, I finish on 88.5 with 4 racial leads.

As pointed out I am unlikely to keep both the HE and DE leads, and I even think the goblin score can be beaten, but for now that's my score.

The Run:

Dwarves
21/2/2
ATS: 24.5
Dwarves are worth their 3 points to me and I was very happy to match Kolianxxxxxx's run and surpass event he win rate (though over a shorter run) of the last 2 trophies. I hope the race lead holds up and see me the three times Dorf race lead winner.

Goblins
10/10/5
ATS: 25
Wow, with 25 ATS(adjusted trophy score, final score + bonus of 2.5 per point less than 3) my Goblins really punched their weight this season. I think the score is beatable as I played the whole season without a block troll or a +ag goblin, both are gold dust to goblin win rates.

Dark Elves
13/11/1
ATS 23.5
In some ways a solid performance, but DE are capable of so much more, Strider84 is very likely to take the race lead, and by miles on his current form. Clearly I am not easy to beat as elves, but its too few wins really.

High Elves
11/12/2
ATS 22
Not quite what i wanted. late in the run we ran into a wall of claw and mb and got smushed a few times, the wins deserted us and I refuse to believe under 20 will hold the HE race lead. But i guess it's still nice i was pretty hard to beat. Less wins than draws though, oof.

So I am thrilled with the total, and temporary first place, but there IS room for a better run and my sneaky feeling is Malmirs third squad, which will feature both DE and HE and Slann +something, might be the ones to get it done.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2020 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

+Humans if I were to hazard a guess. Wink
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2020 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
+Humans if I were to hazard a guess. Wink

I bottled Renegades at the last minute and went Elven Union instead. I found humans annoying last year and was worried Renegades might turn into a version of that.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2020 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Uuuh, full on Agility Assault! Laughing
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2020 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Squad 1 with 259 days left - so just about 100 games in 100 days.
Final score 66.5, of which the Necro racial lead might not hold.
The Squad:
Necros 13/9/3:
Nothing fancy, just Tackle, Guard, Dodge and Sidestep. These proved able to take on anything that the Box threw at them. Just why I love Necros.
Norse 14/3/8:
Mixed experience. Got a Str 5 and Str 4 Runner early, before they had dodge and the rest of the team was able to support that TV boost. Did great once the runners had died.
Dark Elf 11/8/6:
Another Stat roll magnet. Had a great finish and is now almost ready to throw into a major with 4 +Str rolls and 3 +Ag
Ogres 4/6/15:
What the Hell was I thinking?
Starting with 6 Ogres and no rerolls was pure agony and only around game 20 did I start to get gold to buy rerolls. Definately not the way to do it, though, with the new Ogree rules, they look scary at TW 1000ish, with 4-5 Ogres and rerolls.
Still there was moments, and loved my Frezy Ogre. Ending the whole experience with 2 wins in the last 2 games, and a grand-fathered 7 ogre squad, it does not feel all that bad.

Next up is:
Chaos - because it is fun to chase racial leads.
Humans - hybrid team like necros - hopefully massed guard and tackle will enable them to take on most teams
Vamps - they are not that bad - should be able to pull of 50% win
UW - same, keep them lean and mean
smallman

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2020 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for doing the analysis DaCoach, your vs tier average of 2.27 is considerably higher than the others that finished faster. I expect this trend to continue.
kolianxxxxxx

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

1 squad.
Dwarfs.

The result is 24.5 points, 21/2/2.

I am happy with their performance, my strategy has shown its strength in all its glory. The absence of lightning and cl+mb+po players seriously strengthened the dwarves ' position in the tournament.

Orcs.

The result 20.5 - 14/8/3.

I am not happy with their result, the orcs could have performed much better, but the ending was blurred, several matches in a row I was haunted by failures, deaths and permanent injuries to positional players. Given the dice, the result was not bad. But I don't think I'll hold the top 1.

Vampires.

The result is 23 points 17/7/1.

I am very happy with their result. Usually vampires have a hard start, but later games become easier. I did the opposite. In the beginning, there were easy opponents, and the vampires didn't mess up much. But +stat did not fall out, and in the end the vampires began to die. In addition, opponents began to cynically dry games for a draw. Even so, this is an amazing result.

Goblins.

The result is 14.5 points - 8/8/9.

I'm completely disappointed in these nasty little runts. They lost 6 matches on the fact that they did not throw the last 3++ to win. Disgusting result. On the other hand, in winning matches, the dice went so well that the opponents had no chance.

Well, the 2nd place in the overall standings is very good. But I still expected to take top1. And the main reason for the defeat is not in the goblins. And in one of the lost matches of the dwarves. I could have easily picked up a draw, but for some reason I decided to play for the win when there was no reason to do so. Now would occupy a clean top1 =( . Well, it's not evening yet! In the near future, I will launch my second squad.

I apologize if I wrote badly somewhere. Translated text via Google translator.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Watch out, Malmir, there's (maybe) a new Sherif in town!
Looks like coach Joost can take the lead with 86 points and 8 games to go.
Look at those Ogre and Amazon runs
grant85

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2020 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, I cannot find it written but what is the rule for BBT and murdered teams? My norse team just got a snot kicking. the apoth rolled killed to killed on the blitzer. am I jsut stuck with this team now. is there anyway to pop a new squad into my "team" of 4? thanks

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4141596
 Jump to: