33 coaches online • Server time: 09:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

On certain mornings, as the first rays of light radiate from the dawning sun, a long white cloud can be glimpsed in the distance over the rippled blue waters off the coast of the Southern Wastes. Tormented by the stifling heat and relentless dry winds turning their skin to leather, the Blood Bowl tragics are contemplating an off season going to seed and withering like weeds under a good dose of ‘Roundup”.

Then one day in late December a voice is heard drifting over the waves.
“Cricky dick! Bro, stop stuffing ya face with greasies and come here. Can’t be sure based on the togs, but there is some pakeha cuz over other side.”
“Sheez Bro, you ain’t wrong.”
“Now that Chrissy is done, you think that they might be wanting a tiki tour over here and play some Bloodbowl?”

The sun-addled brains absorbed the word ‘Bloodbowl’, triggering an involuntary response. Before you could say, “couldn't see the road to the dunny if it had red flags on it”, all the blokes and mates got a into g, grabbed their gummies went sailing of to Aotearoa to find Waikikamukau and play Bloodbowl in cooler climes.

“Sweet as. Hey bro, rattle your dags and make sure the chilly bin is chocka with L&P, get your nana to jack up some savs and pavs and don’t forget the chocolate fish from the dairy. This going be a piss up large so better make sure that zambuck is around in case some dag carks it”

Cheers, Poley.

The Waikikamukau Fringe Blood Bowl Festival

Rules

• Kick off on 26th December.
  • Open to all league teams that want to be stuck in the SWL Fringe or DIBBL leagues after (Sydney and NZ timezones respectively), that's usually ex-SWL, big teams that have played in DIBBL as their most recent games, big old SWL Fringe teams, ex-SSL these days, or little blokes looking for builders. Just whatever you've got to bring along, really. Anyone can come in really, but once you're in, you're probably ours for good. Very Happy
  • No TV limits, there will be some extra big beastly squads, if you want something smaller with inducements, that's on you.
  • Active or parked DIBBL Teams may partake in addition to regular season play (ramchop says so).
  • There are Wizards and Cards available for inducements.
  • Right Stuff cancels tackle on blocks, so stunties welcome.
  • Claw and MB do not stack, PO requires a team RR. It's a friendly atmosphere and the worst monsters do hold back a bit.
  • It's a Swiss, so axing will be brutal to let the next round be drawn on time. Weekly rounds.
  • Probably 4 rounds, might go a 5th if we get a lot of teams. Weekly rounds, finished up as the new SWL kicks off.
  • Enter with a team name/link by replying here, or @tussock on the SWL discord with the same and apply to SWL fringe if you're not already in.

It's too hot for outside, come to Aotearoa where most everywhere gets a sea breeze and it's a bit chilly at the best of times. Good on yas. Cya there. Cool

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 06:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Transfusion Time will return.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fremantle Line will be there after their Donut adventures

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Journey from the West are in please Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

They Called it Survival will find a new place to dwell on the unending curse of eternal blood bowling. At Waikikamukau.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Rigorus Mort are happy to come out of retirement a second time.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The Old Murcian Gods will enjoy a summer-y getaway during the coldest time of the year!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=536383
Foad

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

How the hell are the Blackwater Blitz going to reclaim the title, if people keep entering awesome teams?

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

8 teams in so far, a trifling 1990 average tourney weight, the Wizard has lost the Lightning bolt I'm told, but will still be available with a fireball in here.

Anyone going to bring a 7-Ogre Ogre team?

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2019 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My Ex-Pact will enter.
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=863653 ok Pharee Markhet is in
Foad

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, within DIBBL rules, if allowed the Glee Club will take a slot.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Glee Club, the Waikikamukau is a free pass for current or parked dibbl teams indeed, I even double checked. May they roll all 7s on armour and suffer the tourney house rules. Very Happy

I count 10 teams, that's certainly sufficient, but more are most welcome, bring something you'll enjoy, the swiss will soon match you up with people on similar results and give you some great matches. No overtime, play to win, take some risks, enjoy the festival atmosphere.

We kick off in a few days, 26th Dec, that's SWL time, so a bit earlier if you're outside our usual Sydney timezone. Come get some, if you've internet over the holidays.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Great to see that the old boys are out for another run again. A sixth season wow. I would never have thought.

Great stuff guys