55 coaches online • Server time: 22:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
AG6 or Block
Ag increase
87%
 87%  [ 50 ]
Block
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Pie
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 57

extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean dodge anywhere pick up anything is kinda nice. But at the expense of block?

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12741321

Partly sometimes I feel if Nuffle wants your team disgustingly bloated then you should tag along...
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

He's still young, go for it! Block at 76, Sure Hands at legend!

Or heck, maybe even skip block... AG 6 ST 4 MA 7 is nuts.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think of him as a Thrower, think of him as a blitzing defensive lineman with leadership skills.

AG6 is wrong. (Take it.)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

if he were a catcher or wardancer, I'd say 6ag. But 6ag on thrower is useless. Take the block. Cheaper TV and more useful.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

AG 6 is ridiculously cheaty, and you even have dodge already, go for it, walk through everything and win
LictorZ

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag 6 and St4.
Take it, leave him in the backfield because most teams will need to send 3 players for a 2D hit.
Run forward and Long Bomb for 3+ when the window opens.
He is defended from lack of opportunity to hit him and can be used as a Thrower in the mean time.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

YES! How can you even ask that lol? Think about it - this is a wood elf thrower, he can run 7 squares before he even chucks it (quite possibly getting into a position where no interception is on either), then he can pass another 10 squares on a 2+, with the Pass skill to boot! And you will have an Ag4+ receiver at least, probably with catch, maybe Nerves of Steel or higher agility too... that is a defender's nightmare. It also protects your other players, because with your thrower lurking backfield in the 'shotgun' position you can really stretch the field from top to back, making it easier for your elfs to use space. Elfs in space are horrible to defend against. Of course you don't even have to throw either, you can play the run too with Ag6 and Dodge if things look safe (and should do by preference - even if you have an awesome passing game snakes can happen if you roll dice. If running doesn't involve as many dice, just run). If you do throw, he's safe anyway the next turn despite coming into range of the opposition - they will be needing to blitz that catcher if he hasn't scored yet, so block isn't quite as important on him.

In defence he's also awesome, because he has Str 4, Ag 6 and dodge - no cage is safe. The only downside is he is vulnerable, you will need to weigh up carefully when to make that big play, because if he goes down he may well get hurt. You can be sure your opponent will smack him back, and boot him when he's down. It's a lot of eggs in one basket. But still - what a basket! That's a nice problem to have, and he'll be loads of fun so just take it! Smile (Oh yes and get block next, or maybe wrestle if you want him to live fast and die young)
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 01:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 is practically magical, as long as you treat him as if he can do the impossible. If you aren't willing to do that, forgo the +AG.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine if you were facing your own team, what would you prefer to see, block or AG6 on the thrower? I know what I'd prefer to see.
extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. I went with the AG. I basically always do. The guy is now being used to do silly things all over the pitch until he receives the steely gauntlet to the face with his name on it.

Might even go for leap on 76 to really get on defenders tits...
extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PPS I played a game with him and he was surrounded by 4 players on the sideline and just waltzed right out of there.
lemf

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

He was a pest Very Happy
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In case it needs repeating (and it seems it does), AG6 does not help in passing whatsoever. Even in tacklezones. AG5 is the best it gets.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

extremegrazedknee wrote:
PPS I played a game with him and he was surrounded by 4 players on the sideline and just waltzed right out of there.

You could have done the same with AG 5 + Leap and with fewer dice rolls.
extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 is precisely 2 less on the dices than throwing with AG4 for a long bomb. Which is besides the point. For woodys its virtue is dodging in and out of impossible places (leap gets u one way only) and picking up the ball in tackle zones. Wardancers don't have much trouble knocking the ball loose but if its surrounded by orcs then ag6 can be a fearsome weapon
 Jump to: