20 coaches online • Server time: 03:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the new Zoat Star Player, Zolcath.
He has: Loner, Sure Feet, Juggernaut, Mighty Blow, Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Regeneration.
I was wondering if Zoat Secret League roster
https://fumbbl.com/help:ZoatT
should be adjusted for consistency by giving Regeneration to them all (removing the Apothecary) and Disturbing Presence and Prehensile Tail to the 4 big Zoats only (Juvens are smaller size and 11 Prehensile Tails would make the roster too strong), unless Zolcath is a unique Zoat of his kind (I don't know his background).
I'm not a Zoat roster fanboy, but I like consistency in things.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

In short no.

I also like for things to be aligned, hence the changes to Chameleon skinks even though i don't like the official version. However their reading of what Zoats should be is just incorrect. Some times I have to draw a line, I will not change Gnoblars to the new ogre Gnoblar stat line as it is not an accurate representation, similarly i will not change zoats. I do not like diverging from 'official stuff' but sometimes it is needed.

Zoats do not regenerate in warhammer. Nor do they have disturbing presence, I wonder if they mixed up fimir here when designing the player. Because Fimir have a fog that follows them around, which you could interpret as DP. zoats do not have anything like this. Regen ... hmm the only thing i can possibly think of as a reason for them having regen is zoats have magic, but that's real stretch, basically they just got this wrong.

As for Tail again I think this is a poor design choice, their tail is similar to lizardmen tails, they are thick and chunky (even more so than lizardmen). They are not very felxible, and they are elvated, so not in a good position to trip with.

As the star player is quite detached from the warhammer fluff (other than being aligned with wood elf) i think it is better to say the star player has different abilities to the norm which is what makes it such a unique star player.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

honestly that you mention them being confused with Fimir makes a ton of sense. They have weaponized tails.
CrookfangRob

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I played Zoats for a few games in CIBBL this year, they felt balanced as they are.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for detailed explanation, Garion, it makes sense and for sure you know more about WHFB fluff than current game designers.
Regeneration and Disturbing Presence on Zoats sounded weird to me as well, but I was not sure, maybe there was some new GW fluff I ignored, so I asked.
 Jump to: