33 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to propose a new league, with a novel spin if enough folks are interested? It will be called the Rabidass Super League, and be confined purely to famous Blood Bowl teams which have official rosters. To date, from the Inaugral Almanac, Spikes and a recent posting on the Blood Bowl site, the available teams will be:

Bright Crusaders (Human) (Almanac)
Orcland Raiders (Orc) (Almanac)- free (Apus's old roster)
Warpfire Wanderers (Skaven)(Almanac)
Greenboyz (Goblin)(Almanac) - MrCushtie for Season 2
Grudge Bearers (Dwarf) (Almanac)
Celestial Comets (Elven Union)(Almanac) - Steinerp for Season 2
Chaos All-Stars (Chaos Renegades)(Almanac) - ClayInfinity
Underworld Creepers (Underworld) (Almanac) - free for Season 3 (AitheBuffyCat's old roster)
Doom Lords (Chaos)(Spike)
Naggaroth Nightwings (Dark Elf) (Spike) - Bakadon for Season 3
Nurgle's Rotters (Nurgle) (Spike) - Bartkolo
Champions of Death (Undead)(Spike) - Apus for Season 2
Greenfield Grasshuggers (Halfling) (Spike)
Fire Mountain Gut Busters (Ogre) (Spike)
Athelorn Avengers (Wood Elf) (Spike) - Cerberus85 for S2
Gwakamoli Crater Gators (Lizardmen) (Spike) - free (Quaruk's old roster)
Gouged Eye (Orc) (BB official website) - Gazzatrot
Elfheim Eagles (Elven Union) (BB official website) - DrDeath
Skavenblight Scramblers (Skaven) (White Dwarf)- free (MrCushtie's old roster)
The Hobgoblin Team (rookie hobgobs!) - Dalfort for Season 2

Teams will be created as closely as possible to the published rosters (I believe this is possible now due to recent League tweaks by the wonderful Christer), but may not be absolute matches (e.g. it may not be possible to create Morg without Bonehead. Any special rules for particular teams obviously will not be coded for in the client either).

I'll keep this post simple for now just to gauge interest, but it will basically have 14 day rounds and would run on a generally European timezone (i.e. you would be available to start a game by 0000 server time latest in the evening, or occasional weekend mornings/afternoons server time).

If you would like to play, it will be first come first served - name a team below and it is yours, I will put your name next to it in the list above. Full rules to follow but a few here to start:

1) Teams will be as close as possible to the published rosters to start. You may not fire any players from the original rosters unless they pick up a permanent injury or niggle (you think Frenzy is a questionable skill for Gorbag 'Rabid' Foamface, the Orcland Raiders' Black Orc? Well tough - the fans love him!)
2) Teams may induce a Star Player even if he is already rostered for the opposition (e.g. Morg for the Allstars). It is assumed he is a doppelganger, similar player or an outright fraud who will be found out on the pitch! If a Star dies on a rostered team, similarly he will remain on the inducement list for Star Players
3) Other teams may also join in future as and when official rosters are released in new Spikes, the online Blood Bowl site, or other official publications (we have a few notable absences at present - e.g the Reikland Reavers, Darkside Cowboys, Skavenblight Scramblers... but there is a decent enough list to get started now). They would join between League seasons.
4) It will have cards enabled as inducements (I think it would be a good idea to have an alternative 50k inducement option to babe, plus they are fun)
5) If you forfeit more than one league match in one season, as League Commissioner I will reserve the right to boot you (as with most other leagues - just to keep it running well for the coaches who do play)
6) If a coach does drop out (preferably between seasons), the team will be up for adoption as it stands by another coach. The roster will remain the same, but get a 'parachute payment' incentive (to encourage someone to take them on if they have been mangled). This will be half the difference between it's TV and the most expensive team in the league, in Gold Pieces
7) After the first game you may start hiring new players, and dropping coaching staff/rerolls if you like. New player names must fit the fluff - no rubbish like 'Luke Skywalker', 'Hatstand A' or whatever. If you can't think of a good name use a fantasy name generator for that race please - there are lots out there
8 ) Fluffwise you can play them how you like in game without restriction (e.g. if you choose the Bright Crusaders, you may choose to go with the fluff and religiously avoid fouling. But if that wardancer is down you can endure the spectators' fury and boot him if you wish Very Happy)
9) More rules may follow but I'll probably keep it fairly standard otherwise. I'm open to suggestions below before this starts if we can get it going. However once started I will be the League Commissioner, I will run it as fairly as possible for all but as with any league my word as LC will be final.

Not sure on precise format as yet, we can choose once we know numbers. If we get enough we could have separate tiers, or parallel conferences ending in a Super Bowl style Final? Maybe a Cup too if folks are keen.

I will choose a team myself at some point, but will let a few other coaches choose first!

Oh and just to add I haven't run a League before, but have taken part in several (here and TT), played on FUMBBL for many years, and understand from Christer's recent League tweaks that all the above is possible. However please bear with me if there are any glitches and I need to iron anything out before it gets up and running.

Hope you are interested; if you can commit (and please think first if you can, so the league would run smoothly), then please post below and bag your favourite team. First come first served!

Last edited by DrDeath on Nov 08, 2020 - 21:33; edited 27 times in total
AiThebuffycat

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in playing Underworld creepers, that could be lots of fun.
May the underworld rise.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great. I think I have the Skavenblight Scramblers in a White Dwarf from late last year

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 09:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would want some indication of what these teams actually are before deciding my interest. f the chaos all stars weigh in at 2200 TV and the grudge bearers at 1400, maybe not so tempting.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to take on the Chaos All-Stars... my fave team since 2nd ed!
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Greenfield Grasshuggers someone can have over 2000 halflings if lore serves me well?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be up to play a couple of seasons.

You should set it up as they did in the 2nd edition rule book.

Also you’ve forgotten the Norse team and the Reikland Reavers.
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The Norse Team is the Vynheim Valkyries.
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If a coach fails to meet the expectations of the team and their fans. Can they be sacked? 😁
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Apus wrote:
If a coach fails to meet the expectations of the team and their fans. Can they be sacked? 😁

Or eaten in accordance to the fluff on the Chaos All Stars!
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

😂

🍽
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Apus wrote:
I would be up to play a couple of seasons.

You should set it up as they did in the 2nd edition rule book.

Also you’ve forgotten the Norse team and the Reikland Reavers.

I think there might be a comprehensive list somewhere

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the early responses guys - list above amended!

MrCushtie - great shout on the Scramblers, as a kid I got White Dwarf for years, completely forgot they might publish rosters there. If it can be fully referenced that's fine - you might just need to share the details, especially for me as I think the LM will need to be the one to tweak teams? Just to be clear do you want to take them on too?

PC - the Grudge Bearers roster is in the Almanac, they are listed at 2000 tv and all the teams are around that kind of level, assume it's that way so they can play each other competitively. Mind you it might come out slightly less as each team has a weird bonus which obviously won't be coded for in the client. They are all bloaty as hell too, for example some suspect skills, assistant coaches, cheerleaders etc... but similar for all and each has some nice things going for it too (e.g an Ag4 Runner for the Grudge Bearers). Of course with sensible coaching they should all become better.

Apus, or anyone else - if you know of any further rosters for the Vynheim Valkyries, Reikland Reavers or any others then please reference them here so we can all check, and they will be playable. They do need to come from a recent ruleset to be properly compatible though (I remember an old 2nd Ed. one for the Reavers but it was incomplete and doesn't translate to the latest ruleset either. if there isn't a more recent one I guess they will probably release it sometime though). Once you've decided on a team Apus please let me know and I'll reserve it for you.

Last edited by DrDeath on Feb 08, 2020 - 00:05; edited 1 time in total
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2020 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve been looking on line for legendary Bloodbowl teams.

I found this list: https://blood-bowl.fandom.com/wiki/Teams

Not sure if it’s useful.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2020 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No information like that on fumbbl then? If you reach far enough under the carpet you might find a brushed under mouse! My own fault i guess.
 Jump to: