40 coaches online • Server time: 17:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johniemi78

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2020 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Our local TT league has voted for Piling On skill as follows:

-Claw, Mighty Blow can be used as normal, BEFORE before using Piling On.

-When using Piling On to reroll armor or injury, neither Claw or MB is added (so it's a raw armor or injury roll).

-Piling on does NOT use a reroll, so can be spammed thru the game.

Hope I made this clear, had to translate it from our native language. So the question is, is Piling On still viable with those rules? I am thinking of taking if as my this season's last level up(s) for one (or both) of my Wights. My team is Shambling Undead around 1900 tv.

I would mainly roll the injury rolls, looking at percentages a single injury roll is 41,7% KO/CAS and with a reroll it's 66,0%. Seems like a good boost?

We are in the playoff phase now and most teams are trimmed down to 11 man rosters so taking 1 or 2 key players out maybe even for the rest of the game with PO may be huge in my opinion. (My team is 13 with 2 Dirty Player bloaters Very Happy )

And, which Wight should take it? The one with ST+1 or the one with Mighty Blow? (Both have Block, Dodge, Guard and then the other has MB and other has ST+1). I am inclined to take it on the MB one because he should get more successfull armor rolls and then I would take Tackle on the ST4 Wight. Or should I take it for both? I have never really played a serious game with a Piling On player before.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2020 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a somewhat thorough discussion about this subject on the forum. If you are interested and have a day or 2 to spare, you could read up on it. Wink

https://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25152
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2020 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't want your ST 4 wight lying on the ground, nor the other guard really.

Tackle on the MB and MB on the ST 4 would probably be much stronger, because you can set up good gang fouls just by getting more hits and getting more players down. MB is better than Piling On, basically, because you stay on your feet.

Possibly worth it on your MB guy, but either tackle or frenzy will often get you more cas just with more knockdowns, especially with a couple DP.

Like, it is a super skill if you can RR the MB on injuries and you're not wasting skills on guard, but unless you're hitting stunties or a lot of no-dodge AV 7 stuff, it just won't come up enough or work enough to justify your guards going down.