29 coaches online • Server time: 11:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Last year a group of coaches got together to create a new BloodBowl 7s league in FUMBBL.

A community of coaches now play regularly and we are opening this up to other coaches too.

We play monthly tournaments which normally last around 2 weeks. The tournaments vary in style, format and which types of teams are included.

We are also always up for playing friendlies.

The Fluff

In this league, BB7s represents the amateur teams which feed players into the mainstream 11 aside game. They are made up of players who have retired from the main game, up and coming players who are set to join the main leagues and those amateurs who just like playing. Hence, the players tend to be of a poorer quality. This is reflected in the high cost of rerolls.

The players tend to make more mistakes, but this can lead to some exciting and excruciating plays.

Why Play BB7s in FUMBBL?

It’s Fun and Unpredictable
Due to the low number of rerolls, play can be unpredictable. As there are only 7 players, the play tends to be more open, less cages and more screening.

Quick Games
The games tend to take between 30 mins to 1 hour. This means you can fit 3 games in, for every 2 mainstream games. If you have a spare hour, you can comfortably fit a game of blood bowl in.

Lots of Teams to Choose From
You can create BB7s teams for both the mainstream teams as well as secret league. And in addition, we have another 13 teams which have been specifically developed for BB7s and over 50 teams in development. These can be seen on the Empire 7s league page.

Helps Develop Coaching Skills
Because BB7s only have 7 players aside, it helps develop coaching skills around screening, how to play with less than 11 players and how to play in a low reroll environments.

The Formats
There are three formats at the moment. Mainstream BB7s which uses the normal teams, the secret league BB7s and the Empire 7s (teams with rosters created specifically for BB7s).

We are planning further formats like Beach Bowl, Ogre Bowl and Forest Bowl.

Links to:

BB7s League

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12026&op=view

BB7s Secret League

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12147&op=view

Empire 7s League

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12232&op=view

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/4ZeF5Q4

Come and join. You can commit to just playing friendlies and a couple of tournaments. Or you can stay and help develop the experimental teams.

Thanks
Apus
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 17:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Highly recommend, a great bunch of people and some super crazy games with lots of death and chaos.
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You are not wrong there!
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify - this is a relaxed league. There is very little commitment. You can pop in for a quick game whenever you want.

You can sign up to one of the monthly leagues. Or you can stay long term and help develop the experimental teams.

Thanks Apus
lanky316

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2020 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

As the person behind the Cabalvision Superstar Series I'll pop in to say a few words.

Back when we were first testing out the 7s format a discussion was had about various secret league teams but we figured someone would have to be a madman to try and bring all of those over as well. Then I got a bit bored and put together a ruleset entirely made up of the secret league teams with custom racial icons for all. I had wanted to do team icons but realised that would be insane and stopped with a very minor tweak to Witch Elves and changing up the Four Nations team to wear white when at home and red/white shorts away. I have however done little bits and pieces as far as icons though, in the shape of some custom star players just for the CSS ruleset I look to be expanding this as time goes on and expand on the history of this very niche subset of Fumbbl. As an example, there is one particularly annoying Ninja who is already looking destined to become a star once a boot finally catches him in his smug face.

The CSS has got a full calendar of events made up of monthly events with various different themes and slight variations on the rules to try and encourage people to have a go with different teams and styles, one month is going to have a series of smaller comps with just one or two games for a team based on ideas such as the "king of the mountain" tournament only for dwarven teams, because a dwarf team in 7s is seen as asking for trouble let the little guys fight amongst themselves!

The calendar is building up towards November where I intend to put forward almost a Pro Bowl style competition with a group of coaches picking "dream teams" to go at it, exactly how I'll be making up the teams is still in the planning phase but that is the goal. Alongside maybe a more regular league with promotion and relegation but at present I'm still tweaking and adding little pieces before I go into that one!

It's aimed at being a little bit of fun and I've got a lot of work to go to get it where I would like it but early testing and events have gone well!
nobbynobbs

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2020 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

stab!
CrookfangRob

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2020 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sevens FTW!
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2020 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. I agree with Lanky.

The competitions have worked really well.

Looking forward to the upcoming developments. Like a longer league, the monthly tournaments and Empire 7s.
lanky316

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So an "eventful" month and a half in the real world has gone by so going to return to this topic for an update!

We have indeed had our crazy dwarf 7s tournament that was more fun than it should have been and a similar skaven one is approaching it's closing stages. We also now have three unique rosters. Association Futbowel (a soccer style themed team), Halfling Vampires and Nuln Engineers. More teams in the pipe line but at the moment I am focusing my attention on increasing the custom star player count.

In my last post I also mentioned the notion of a perpetual European style league structure and we're now starting work on that towards launching our first season starting in June! We're hoping it'll be a suitably fluffy league with it's own history and legends!

If that sounds interesting come and join us over on the Discord server!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a question: pitch size is normal or it's the smaller size specific for 7s?
lanky316

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the normal size, you can't reduce the pitch size within the client. There are a few workarounds to get the "no mans land" type feel and so on but that's not one we could change.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I see, thank you!
RCottrell

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2022 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

New to Fumbll and scoping things out. I'm particularly into sevens and wondering if this is still active and using the BB2020 ruleset?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2022 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12026&op=view

The group is active, although it's pretty much run via Discord rather than here.

The plan is to move to 2020 rosters before the next tournament.

It won't be exactly as 7s from Death Zone because of things like we can't have the 7s pitch. But other than that it works really well
 Jump to: