59 coaches online • Server time: 22:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2020 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok busy week at work but just to let everyone know I will set this up over the weekend/Monday evening - we have enough for a small league now. If anyone else would like to sign up please post here to reserve your team before Monday evening server time.

All coaches please create your teams this weekend with '(RSL)' before your team name, then sign and name the players according to your published roster, and buy what rerolls/apo/coaching staff you can as listed for that roster. If you don't know the details of your famous team roster then please PM me and I can provide them. I will create a group page soon - you can then enter the League and I will edit the teams further with correct skills, further coaching staff/rerolls etc if necessary so they are as close as possible and we will then be ready to go!
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2020 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Confirming I'll put the Skavenblight Scramblers together this weekend (just have to dig out the White Dwarf from the mound of Blood Bowl paraphernalia in my cupboard...)

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the Skavenblight Scramblers from White Dwarf:

Vruhrt Shadowgrip - Blitzer, Strip Ball
Threetch Three-Eye - Blitzer, Guard
Qhhart Brittlefang - Gutter, +MA, Sprint, Jump Up
Krekril The Snatcher - Gutter, Strip Ball
Fornt Quickfoot - Runner, +MA, Sure Feet
Rasta Tailspike - Catcher - so basically a Linerat with +MA, Catch, Extra Arms
Tarsh Surehands - Thrower, Extra Arms Two Heads
Shisck Four Arms - Thrower, Extra Arms
Breeet Braingulper - Lineman, Dirty Player
Skrag T. Unclean - Lineman, Disturbing Presence
Glart Smashrip - Blocker (5/4/2/Cool, Block, Claw, Grab, Juggernaut, Stand Firm
Rut Skitterclank - Lineman
Skrick Headsquelcher - Rat Ogre, Guard

3 coaches, 3 cheerleaders, 5 rerolls, 1 apo, 6 fan factor, allegedly 2000 TV.

I've made the team, created Glart and Rasta as Linemen on the basis they can get modified

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone post the Greenfield Grasshuggers roster, please?

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Chaos All Stars for me please Smile
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff MrCushtie, will be great to have the Scramblers in there!

ClayInfinity - the All-Stars roster is:

1) Morg 'n' Thorg Ogre 6 6 3 10 Block, Leader, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate
2) Duke Luthor von Hawkfire Lineman 6 3 3 8 Accurate Animosity Pass Regeneration Safe Throw
3) Garak Grigolson Lineman 6 3 3 8 Block Horns Mighty Blow
4) Dirty Dan Goblin 6 2 4 7 Animosity Catch Dodge Right Stuff Sprint Stunty
5) 'Constrictor' Atlanson Lineman 6 3 3 8 Grab Tentacles
6) Bork Bulge-Belly Troll 4 5 3 9 Always Hungry Loner Mighty Blow Multiple Block Really Stupid Regeneration Throw Team Mate
7) 'Snake' Sanders Lineman 7 3 3 8 Hypnotic Gaze Jump Up
8 ) Sark Four-Eyes Skaven 7 3 3 7 Animosity Dodge Two Heads
9) Kefft the Despised Lineman 6 3 3 8 Animosity Strong Arm
10) Jurgen Demonfeeder Lineman 6 3 3 8 Block Juggernaut
11) 'Acid-Scarred' Max Lineman 6 3 3 8 Animosity Foul Appearance
12) Thysia the Vain Dark Elf 6 3 4 8 Animosity Stab

2 Assistant Coaches, 3 Re-Rolls, 5 Cheerleaders, No Apothecary, 6 Fan Factor

Obviously there are a few weird, non-standard skills there which is pretty much unique I think, as the All-Stars are a strange team. If I can give non-standard skills like Regeneration and Hypnotic Gaze to those Renegade Linemen, Stab to the Dark Elf and remove the standard ogre skills of Loner or Bonehead for Morg then I will. And if I can do the latter and it doesn't have a TV cost, then I'll introduce some other cost somehow to balance Morg (e.g. something like several extra, bloaty assistant coaches you have to keep!). However if these weird extra skills cannot be given then I'll award something close instead - e.g. Thick Skull instead of Regen, and Disturbing Presence/Foul Appearance instead of Hypno Gaze.

Selfy - yes I can post for the Grasshuggers too but am prioritising entered coaches first (in PMs too). Do you want to enter the Grasshuggers, see the roster before deciding or are you just curious? Smile
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm debating it, yes. I would like to play them, but not sure I can fit it in, so wanted to see the roster before I committed, please.

Cheers.

P.S. Chaos All-Stars used to have a Minotaur called Zy-Nox! Sad

DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok no probs Selfy, here is the Grasshuggers roster:

1) Deeproot Strongbranch Treeman 2 7 1 10 Block Mighty Blow Stand Firm Strong Arm Thick Skull Throw Team-mate Timmm-ber!
2) Greybranch Oakwillow Treeman 3 6 1 10 Mighty Blow Nerves of Steel Stand Firm Strong Arm Take Root Thick Skull Throw Team-mate Timmm-ber!
3) Lumpin Hoop Hopeful 5 3 3 6 Block Dodge Right Stuff Stunty
4) Hogstone Bluejelly Hefty 5 2 3 7 Dodge Fend Sidestep Stunty
5) Jingo Merrychap Hefty 5 2 3 7 Dodge Fend Stunty Wrestle
6) Ernald Spiritburner Catcher 6 2 4 6 Catch Dodge Right Stuff Sprint Stunty
7) 'Lefty' Boggit Catcher 5 2 3 6 Catch Dodge Right Stuff Sidestep Sprint Stunty Sure Feet
8 ) Mippin Snood Hopeful 5 2 3 6 Diving Tackle Dodge Right Stuff Stunty
9) Fergus Harbuckle Hopeful 5 2 3 6 Dodge Right Stuff Stunty Tackle
10) 'Stumpy' Stubfoot Hopeful 5 2 3 6 Dirty Player Dodge Right Stuff Sneaky Git Stunty
11) Bartweed Crumbleberry Hopeful 5 2 3 6 Dodge Leap Right Stuff Stunty
12) Hanshaw Whitecake Hopeful 5 2 3 6 Dodge Right Stuff Stunty
13) Tork Smallbones Hopeful 5 2 3 6 Dodge Right Stuff Stunty
14) Ordo Stoutwine Hopeful 5 3 3 6 Block Dodge Right Stuff Stunty

4 Assistant Coaches, 7 Cheerleaders, 3 Re-rolls 9 Fan Factor. They also come with the Master Chef and Hot Pot as standard and no Apothecary; however I'm not sure if those can be 'rostered in' for good, so if I can't add those I'm going to make a house-rule here and would allow you to take the Apo instead before Game 1.

There is another odd add-on rule for the published roster - as for all famous teams - but won't list as none of these can be implemented in the client.

So, overall a rather nice team if you are a halfling coach I imagine (other than a few suspect skills which all these rosters have - e.g. see for the Scramblers and All-Stars above!). The treemen, Ordo and Ernald look especially fun, and great to see Ernald make a comeback (he was a halfling Star Player in 2nd Edition I remember). I'll reserve them for you- if you fancy taking them on please let me know today or tomorrow. You then just need to create the basic team with correct player names/positions and once you have entered (I'm creating the League page today/tomorrow), I will then be able to go in and change stat-lines, skills, SPP etc accordingly.

P.S. Yes well remembered - Zy-nox had a great miniature too, that huge mino crouched in a blocking position. Strange they excluded him from the latest roster, but that is the official one now... guess he's been put out to grass, or McMurty burgers Very Happy

Last edited by DrDeath on Feb 23, 2020 - 11:41; edited 1 time in total
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, keeping some of those alive will be a challenge!

A challenge that I will take on, please, if that's good with you?

Lumpin Hoop, Ordo Stoutwine and Ernald Spiritburner are the main flings. All the others are cannon-fodder!

P.S Yes! I remember Ernald Spritburner from 2nd edition. If I remember rightly there was also a Halfling called Warmglow Vindaloo?

DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha that's a great name, why didn't they keep him?! Ok great to have you on board! By the way I just edited the text above - will make a house-rule that you may take the Apo starting out. They don't usually have that, but have Master Chef and Hot Pot 'rostered in' which I suspect is impossible. If so I'll include those, but otherwise you can take an Apo as compensation!
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If my starting TV is 100 below everyone else then I can always induce the Chef.

I've got a question.

Do we have any cash to start with? Going up against some of these monsters with av6, I'm probably going to have to replace a fair bit of stuff.

lanky316

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the Grasshuggers way! After all they're the reason for the roster limit of 16 players... Entirely coincidentally why giants were banned as well.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Put a team in, Lanky. At least I'll get one win then! Laughing

lanky316

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll hold off for now while I get back into the swing of things but will definitely be keeping an eye on things
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2020 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the league ruleset and homepage are set up: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=12292

We currently have eight teams being readied over the next few evenings - once their details are all correct we will start!
 Jump to: