44 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what privilege it requires. I am usually both ruleset and group admin. I suspect you have to be ruleset admin for being able to do this. However, that should be not a problem. Just create a ruleset for this league which I would advise anyway: https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset

First, the coach should create the team and buy the rookie players. Make him name them properly so it will spare your time.

Then for every player:
1. Add all skills with Add Skill Reward
2. Click on Edit Skills and replace all added skills with the one which has identical name but not (T) before the name.
3. Click on the SPP value and set the SPP.

Should take less than a minute per player. I do not see an easier way for you.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking it for the second time, the above method is fine only if you do not want custom icons for the individual players. If you do (and this might be the case for a legendary team) then there is a hard way of spawning 0-1 quantity positions for every players. That make you able to set the icons for your needs too. Unfortunately the site does not support to change the icon of a specific player yet, but only of a position.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2020 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again Adam that's really helpful advice, look forward to setting all this up soon!
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Folks, one more question for the famous teams league please, before I set this up (https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31139)?

There is one further potential issue I've just noticed - you only get 100,000 Gold to create a new League team, which may cause a problem for some of the famous teams with deep rosters (even of raw positions), especially if I am not able to add in team rerolls and coaching staff (this may not be possible, I'm not sure). Can I manually add team rerolls and coaching staff to the starting teams too, if they did not have the gold to afford it? Or can we get around the problem by me awarding each coach a load of extra cash, un-readying the team and letting them finish the team creation from there? Is either of those things possible please, or will we need to slightly streamline some of the famous teams for Game 1 of the League?
jdm

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You can alter the starting treasury. It's in the team settings tab of the ruleset

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Also you can edit the teams treasury once set up by clicking on the treasury amount (if I remember correctly) this could help you with allowing teams an extra Xgp to put towards starting fan factor as you were questioning that in the other topic I believe.

*confirmed, just double checked it for you Smile
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah brilliant, thanks both! Excuse another noob league manager question, but how will this work in practice? The coaches have to create the team initially with 100,000GP, so once they enter the league page will their team not be in the 'ready' state, so coaches can use the extra gold I then award them before Game 1? Or can I award cash and unready the teams to let them do that? If not I guess it will balance out for Game 2 but ideally would be nice to have them all correct for the first game!
lanky316

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I *think* ruleset admins can make modifications on teams when they're set up but before they are readied for the first time, don't quote me on that though.

You can however give them cash and unready them, so for example Team A use their starting funds to buy players and FF, you could then unready them and give them the cash to buy the rerolls, assistant coaches and cheerleaders as a workaround should the above not be possible.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great thanks Lanky! Good to know we can do that one way or another Smile
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Admins can not hire players and can not set the fan factor. They can edit anything else. With the collaboration of the coach, the first limitation is no issue as he or she could be instructed to buy a player which you can customize thereafter. However, fan factor can be only set for new teams. This can be a problem with NAF like tournaments as if the coach submits an illegal team then we might not be able to fix it perfectly thereafter. Sometimes the coach should accept to have an assistant coach or cheerleader instead of a fan factor.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Feb 24, 2020 - 23:16; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2020 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2020 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again all for your help, and of course Christer - what a wonderful bit of coding this is! I'm halfway through starting a famous teams league, and it's mostly gone very well. I've noticed a couple of minor bugs/ommissions however which it might be worth fixing:

1) The League Commissioner cannot remove starting skills, nor reduce stats below their starting levels. This is a slight problem in my league for example because I would prefer Morg 'n' Thorg not to have Bonehead and Loner. Similarly there are a few famous players who start with stats below the usual standard but I cannot change them - e.g. lineorc Varguz Llimpleg of the Gouged Eye should have Strength 2.

2) There are one or two negative skills that can be added, such as Animosity, but they add 20k to the player's value! This doesn't seem at all fair when there is only a negative impact on the player?

3) A minor thing but as others have said recently you cannot change Fan Factor, that might be useful too?

But other than that - wonderful!
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2020 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are removing starting skills and messing around with stating stats then those don't sound like regular players to me. So, custom ruleset. Wink

That will also mean that you don't have to do it all again next season. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2020 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, still puzzling out some things around rulesets.

1) custom skill packages per race:

In the Help section (https://fumbbl.com/help:Rulesets

Quote:
Team Progression: standard means getting gold, injurites etc as normal Skill Progression: predetermined means you choose the skills you get Skills:

You put some code in this box, of the format ROUND:XNYD,ROUND:XNYD e.g.

0:2N5D,2:1N2D means that at the beginning you get 2 Normal, 5 Double, then for round 2 you get a further 1 Normal, 2 Double.

I'm just wondering how it's done for something like Dungeonbowl, where depending on the tier, different skill packages are available per race. Is there a way via Ruleset to do this?

eg: I want Goblins to have

0:4N1D,2:1N1D

but I want Undead to have

0:3N0D,2:1N0D

?

2) Progression

Still don't quite get this. Is there a way to allow players to earn SPP, but not suffer SI/Death? Would that be Skill Progression: Standard and Team Progression: None?

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2020 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:

2) Progression

Still don't quite get this. Is there a way to allow players to earn SPP, but not suffer SI/Death? Would that be Skill Progression: Standard and Team Progression: None?

I doubt it. The commish could remove the injuries and resurrect players though. Wink

Jump to: