37 coaches online • Server time: 18:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2019 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB Season 33 Bowl Preview

With another regular season completed, teams that finished with eligible records are awarded bowl games for one last shot at glory on the year. Here are the matchups that we can look forward to:

McNurgle's Bowl: Air Force Warpstone Falcons (1-2-5) vs Purdue Braziermakers (0-2-7)

(New)WaffleHouse Salty Bowl of Tears: Bro-hio State Buckeyes (1-4-3) vs Navy Midskeletonmen (1-2-6)

charlie1331Today at 9:29 PM
@here THRICE BANGS SCEPTRE LOUDLY AGAINST ROTO’S SKULL The Lord of Waffles, first of his name, defender of butter, consumer of sugar, protector of girth, abstained of vegetables does hereby decree that the Honor and Favor of Waffles will be contested by Navy and Bro-Hio!!
Long may I reign

Famous Irrana Potata Bowl: Gallaudet Deaf Bulls (4-2-3) vs Illinois Valley CC Ranchers (3-3-3)

Planter's Goober Bowl: UTEP Party Minors (2-4-1) vs Ball State Crimson Birds (3-4-2)

Wonderbra Wonder Bowl: UW - Whitewater Warfrogs (5-1-3) vs Karak University (4-1-4)

Killer Lite Bowl: Duke Blue-Green Devils (4-2-2) vs Miami BallHawks (4-1-4)

Tossitos' Fiesta Bowl: Howlson Tigers (5-1-3) vs Um, G'olden Go For Its! (4-3-1)

DedEx Orange Bowl: UC San Dogo Krytens (5-1-1) vs Ottawa Bee-Bees (7-1-1)

Uluthan's Rose Bowl: Oregon Waterfoul (5-2-2) vs U of Wisconsin Rat-Grrrrs (5-1-3)

BCS National Championship Semifinal I: California Golden Lizards (7-2-0) vs Poli Puerkos (4-4-1)

BCS National Championship Semifinal II: TCU Horned Rats (7-2-0) vs U-Dub Elfskies (5-3-1)

Don't drop the soap.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2019 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BCS National Championship Semi Finals II:

Gorram, that's some +AG skill-ups versus even more +AG skill-ups. Helluvagame is gonna bei the game name, that's for sure.
Will keep you informed when it's gonna kick off.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2019 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

And that is: Tomorrow (sunday), 20:00 fumbbl server time.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2019 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Killer Lite Bowl scheduled for Thursday the 19th, 8PM Eastern.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2019 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderbra Wonder bowl scheduled for 8pm Central time on Monday (3am Tuesday server time)

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB All-Time Leaders

Here's a breakdown of changes in the All-Time Leaderboards for NCBB, Fumbbl's #1 league to mimick US college football. We have recently finished season 33, with next season expected to start around mid January. So if you want to leave your footprints in these leaderboards or simply be part of a great community within a great community, get in contact with the league's admin ex-convict asap.

And now, let's take a look at the different leaderboards.

Most Blocks Thrown

Key Master: Jawuan Johnson [TCU] with 389 blocks
Gate Keeper: Xipe-Totec [SDSU] with 334 blocks

New Faces: Jawuan Johnson [TCU] at #1
Rising Stars: -
Fallen Heroes: Who Gives a D*mn [NAVY] with 332 blocks has left the leaderboard.

Most Casualties Caused

Key Master: Kyle "Hammer" Gronski [FRE] with 65 casualties
Gate Keeper: Xipe-Totec [SDSU] with 35 casualties

New Faces: Joseph Broadnax Jr. [TCU] at #2, Jawuan Johnson [TCU] at #7
Fallen Heroes: A.J. Warmonger [ROLA], Tyrone Crusher [CLEM] with 34 casualties each have left the leaderboard.

Most Fouls Committed

Key Master: Rueben Robinson [O] with 64 fouls
Gate Keeper: Stoney Case [UCON] with 53 fouls

New Faces: -
Fallen Heroes: -

Most Passing Yards

Key Master: Cole Brownholtz [HAW] with 407 passing yards
Gate Keeper: Ian Mason [MIZ] with 169 passing yards

Rising Stars: Jack Devlin [O], Shawn Robinson [TCU]

Most Completions Thrown

Key Master: Cole Brownholtz [HAW] with 71 completions
Gate Keeper: John Barrowman [NEV] with 43 completions

New Faces: Jack Devlin [O] at #9
Rising Stars: Shawn Robinson [TCU]
Fallen Heroes: H'both Longbomb [ND] with 42 completions has left the leaderboard.

Most Interceptions Caught

Key Master: Bradley George [TX] with 2 interceptions in 101 turns.
Gate Keeper: Ryan Delaire [HOWL] with 2 interceptions in 562 turns.

New Faces: Rocky Calmus [OOOK] at #5

Most Rushing Yards

Key Master: Lee [MzSU] with 875 rushing yards
Gate Keeper: Peter "The Wall" Young [UCON] with 643 rushing yards

New Faces: Paul Poundstone [UTEP] at #8
Fallen Heroes: Snell ya Later [KENT] with 636 rushing yards has left the leaderboard.

Most Touchdowns Scored

Key Master: Binjimen Victor [Bro] with 59 TDs
Gate Keeper: Melquise Stovall [CAL] with 29 TDs in 362 turns

New Faces: Kamari "Ain't So" Pleasant [UDUB] at #6, Sewo Olonilua [TCU] at #9
Fallen Heroes: Jordan Poyer [OSB], Justin Clapp [HAW] with 29 TDs each (in 382 and 519 turns though) have left the leaderboard.

Most Spps Earned

Key Master: Binjimen Victor [Bro] with 179 SPP
Gate Keeper: Hiram Paige [BYU] with 119 SPP

Rising Stars: Sewo Olonilua [TCU]

Most Turns Played

Key Master: Lamar Blount [DUKE] with 698 turns played
Gate Keeper: Maximiliano Hunger [UNAM] with 615 turns played

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This breakdown of NCBB All-Time Leaderboards has been brought to you by

RATSâ„¢
Research And Tactics in Sports,
a facility of the Texas Khorne University

in cooperation with

Candlejack's Fumbbl League Stats.

For full access to the NCBB Leaderboards follow this link.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2020 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB Season 33 Awards

We have finally gotten back to doing awards, and I appreciate everyone who took the time to vote. Here are the results:

Hammer Award - best overall player

Winner: Rocky Calmus, Oooklahoma (9 votes)
Runner up: Joseph Broadnax Jr. (DT) #54, TCU (6 votes)

Mr Calmus, a junior last season, proved to be a very versatile player for the Flingers, contributing in every statistical category possible (even fouling). The goal for him now is to lead Oooklahoma to their first ever bowl game in his senior season.

Banger-Hardell Award - best offensive player

Winner: Ryan Stover, Howlson (12 votes)
Runner up: Nob Carson, Duke (4 votes)

Mr Stover wins the offensive award in a landslide, after he lead the nation in rushing (albeit by 1 yard) and tied for the lead in touchdowns. The results in this category suggest that a bunch of old fogies responded to this poll, as people clearly just looked at the numbers and failed to recognize the potential of a double stat-increase skink or the effort it took for a +Ag saurus to contend for the award.

Neely Award - best defensive player

Winner: Joseph Broadnax Jr. (DT) #54, TCU (8 votes)
Runner up: Coch Lear, Duke (5 votes)

Mr Broadnax Jr. was a once-in-a-generation type player, arguably the best 'big guy' the nation has ever seen. Productive, deadly, and absurdly talented...the only thing that could stop him is the graduation rule, which finally kicked in after this season.

SOMUFTEN Award - coach of the season

Winner: FRSHMN (9 votes)
Runner-up: Nelphine (5 votes)

Coach FRSHMN led TCU to only the third ever back-to-back championships in NCBB history this past season, utilizing the talents of his amazing rats to the fullest. Whether or not he wins another game at TCU (and odds are that he probably will), fans will be buying him cheese for the rest of his life.

Gabbert-Bryant Award - best quarterback

Winner: Zach Daniel, Hawaii (10 votes)
Runner-up: Jack Devlin, Oregon (6 votes)

Mr Daniel lead the nation in both passing yards and completions as a true freshman this last season, which is a remarkable feat. The only question that remains is how he adjusts to life in a BCS conference, where the pace is a little different than the Non-AQ.

Wylie Coyote Award - most promising player who's career was cut short

Winner: Drakensberg Fields, Miami (17 votes)
Runner-up: Gravittami, Duke (2 votes)

The most lop-sided award race is the one no coach wants to win, as it honors the best player that can no longer take the field. Mr Drakensberg's glorious career, where he helped establish Miami and led his team to the S32 title game, is best summarized by this quote in his bio:

"Drakensberg was a beast; when he said "Leap", the rest of the team asked, "How far?" You would always find him in the thick of things, and that's likely how he was fouled to death by Mz State in the opening match of Season 33."

Wolfman Award - best first-year player

Winner: Joey Mendis, Gallaudet (12 votes)
Runner-up: Julian Starr, Oregon (6 votes)

Both these freshman players led their respective NonAQ programs to bowl games this past season, and it will be exciting to see what they can do in the BCS in the future. Voters were especially intrigued by Joey Mendis after he amassed 10 touchdowns and 52 spps in just one season.

Game of the Year Award - best contest

Winner: TCU 2 : 1 Cal (8 votes)
Runner-up: Wisc 3 : 3 Bro-hio (7 votes)

The closest race during this year's award voting, it came down to two games: Wisconsin's miraculous comeback where they managed to score twice in the final two turns and tie their elfy-rivals, and the bloody but hotly contested National Championship game. Voters eventually gave TCU the nod, perhaps due to the significance of their victory (back to back titles), or the sheer amount of blood they spilled (nine casualties caused).

Most Hated Program Award - obvious

Winner: "The High Elves" (7 votes)
Runner-up: UNAM (5 votes)

Perhaps the most perplexing award race, fans determined that their two most hated programs either A) don't play in the league currently but are still rotten scum, or B) indistinguishable from the vile programs that share the same team philosophy. Going into next season, there are no less than six programs who recruit players to fit into the 'High Elf' mold, giving fans no shortage of apparent disgust.

Soon-to-be-jinxed Award - team that is predicted to win next season's championship

Winner: "Probably the rats again, innit." (10 votes)
Runner-up: "It’ll be some kind of pure bash team. It’s long overdue." (6 votes)

Finally we have the 'Jinx' award, which will put the target squarely on someone's back for next season. While the options given to voters were a bit limited (though the options given to the pollsters were very spread out with little consensus), they determined that TCU may become the first program to ever win three consecutive championships. Whether or not the league, or maybe some bad juju, can stop them, remains to be seen.

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on Jan 10, 2020 - 17:46; edited 1 time in total
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2020 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:

Neely Award - best defensive player

Winner: Joseph Broadnax Jr. (DT) #54, TCU (8 votes)
Runner up: Coch Lear, Duke (5 votes)

Mr Broadnax Jr. was a once-in-a-generation type player, arguably the best 'big guy' the nation has ever seen. Productive, deadly, and absurdly talented...the only thing that could stop him is the graduation rule, which finally kicked in after this season.

Once-in-a-generation? I think once-in-a-lifetime is more accurate. I will definitely never ever have a R'Ogre like that. But that's okay, it was a crazy wild ride. Better to stop when you're on top, they say Very Happy
Drrek

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2020 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
NCBB Season 33 Awards
Banger-Hardell Award - best offensive player

Winner: Ryan Stover, Howlson (12 votes)
Runner up: Nob Carson, Duke (4 votes)

Mr Stover wins the offensive award in a landslide, after he lead the nation in rushing (albeit by 1 yard) and tied for the lead in touchdowns. The results in this category suggest that a bunch of old fogies responded to this poll, as people clearly just looked at the numbers and failed to recognize the potential of a double stat-increase skink or the effort it took for a +Ag saurus to contend for the award.

I'm sorry was the award called the "highest potential offensive player," or the "best offensive player not playing a traditional ball carrier position?" No, I think it was called the "best offensive player" award, and thus should go to the player who had the best season, not who has "potential" or "took effort" to have a less good season.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2020 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Twas not a slight at your player Drrek, who had a fine season and was deserving of the award. My comment most mostly made in jest (partially due to my player getting all of one vote), though it was a reflection on how awards voting goes in a lot of places:

Your ghoul won the award with 12 votes, and the runner-up skink got 4 votes; this is a huge disparity when they had almost identical stat lines (9 tds + 213 yards vs 9 tds + 212 yards). My saurus came in third with a mere 1 vote, despite having 9 tds and 190 yards, which isn't that far off. So while your player was statistically better than the others, I was a little bummed that the voting wasn't remotely as close as to how all three players were on the statistical leaderboards.

Part of this is probably due to the fact that I didn't put any player links for the first survey (I can't use BB code there, and listing the link manually doesn't look 'clean'...maybe html works), so people weren't inclined to do much research. In blood bowl terms, it is much more difficult to protect a block-less skink (I believe he gained +ST during the early portion of the season) than a ghoul, and it is more difficult to have an Ag2 player than a ghoul to be your main ball carrier.

So yeah, part of this is me being bummed that my saurus got little to no love (maybe no one else thinks a saurus-ball carrier is cool). But I thought it was a shame that the voting was so one-sided when all three players were fairly deserving after leading their respective teams to bowl games.

*cough* but only one of the three players lead their team to the college playoff *cough*

Wink

Don't drop the soap.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2020 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What?? I may have to declare a rivalry with Oregon! Ottawa wants our star player back! Oregon didn't even play in the non-aq! You can't just poach a player! This is an outrage! He's on contract! He can't switch colleges!

*Ranting and screaming slowly dies away as the reporter moves away from the incensed coach*
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2020 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome-Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome everyone, to the College GamePlay show, where we break down everything that happens on and off the field in the NCBB. It's been a while since our last show, but thankfully our sponsors scrounged up enough money to put us back on the air. I'm Chris Fouler, and let me re-introduce my co-hosts: former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. Glad to be back with you, fellas.

Anthony Killer: It'sss alwaysss a pleasure, Chrisss.

Tyler Brosius: The league has changed quite a bit since we last graced it with our insight, hasn't it?

Fouler: It sure has, Tyler. Not only have the TCU Horned Rats won back-to-back championships, the league itself morphed drastically last offseason when the various Conference Commissioners reorganized the teams into new groupings for this season. Let's take a look at our current Top 10 rankings:

1. Duke Blue-Green Devils (6-0-0)
2. FlaSt Delfinoles (6-0-0)
3. UC San Dogo Krytens (5-0-1)
4. Ottawa Bee-Bees (5-0-1)
5. U-Dub Elfskies (4-1-0)
6. Bro-hio State Buckeyes (4-1-0)
7. U of Wisconsin Rat-Grrrrs (4-1-1)
8. TCU Horned Rats (3-3-1)
9. Mz State Bull Dawgz (4-1-2)
10. Saint Louis (2-3-0)

Brosius: I count five teams in the Top 10 that are still unbeaten and untied; pretty impressive at this point in the year.

Fouler: Certainly, Brosius, though I have a feeling that things will sort themselves out naturally.

Killer: In fact, #1 Duke is ssslated to face off against #4 Ottawa thisss week for control of the FBC conference. It will be quite the test for the sssecond year program.

Brosius: And not to be outdone, the AKC conference has their marque matchup between #2 FlaSt and #3 UCSD ready to be played as well.

Fouler: Well we certainly look forward to these contests, and the rest of the games that will contribute to another great NCBB season. Until next time, when we preview the final out-of-conference portion of the season!

Don't drop the soap.
OTS

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2020 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a weird system where teams with losses are ahead of teams without losses
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2020 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You're a weird system!

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2020 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a weird system where TCU is not on top... ah, anyways, we proclaim Spot 8 now to be the top spot. Huzzar, we're on top! Of course, we are.
 Jump to: