44 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2020 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

They've played more games, OTS, so I'm giving them a bump for securing a fifth win.

Also, UCSD's lone loss was to a good MZ State team (currently #9), and Ottawa's lone loss was to #10 St Louis, so I forgave them a little bit. But once you catch up in # of games OTS, you shall be able to overtake them!

Don't drop the soap.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2020 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a wierd system where teams aren't balanced Razz
Amon242

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2020 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
It's a wierd system where teams aren't balanced Razz

Then we have accomplished our goal of emulating college football Smile
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2020 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly, which is why there's a strength of schedule piece (which college football used) to basically give 'value' to wins, based on their opponents. in other words, a win against some teams is worth less than a win against other teams (potentially even as low as a draw)
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2020 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
It's a weird system where TCU is not on top... ah, anyways, we proclaim Spot 8 now to be the top spot. Huzzar, we're on top! Of course, we are.

Not only are you not on top, but you're not even the top Skaven team.

Weird

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there room for a returnee? This lockdown has given me a lot more time on my hands then expected... In case you need me... the Black Knights are ready to rumble again (just need to replace every single player and maybe change the race on the team as well)
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=632292

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! We're just finishing season 34, have to do bowls and stuff. We probably start season 35 in mid-May?

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I would say that mid-May at the latest would be a pretty safe bet. We'd be glad to have you back, Nico.

Don't drop the soap.
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2020 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent gents! "None shall Pass" Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome-Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome everyone, to the College GamePlay show, where we break down everything that happens on and off the field in the NCBB. I'm Chris Fouler, and let me introduce my co-hosts: former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. Quite a season we're having, fellas.

Anthony Killer: It looksss to be coming down to the wire, Chrisss.

Tyler Brosius: The change two offseasons ago to a playoff format have really helped.

Fouler: Indeed, and we still don't know who will be in the Top 4 for this season yet. Let's take a look at some of the contenders:

Duke (9-0-0, FBC)*
Fla St (8-0-1, AKC)*
UC San Dogo (8-0-2, AKC)
Ottawa (7-0-3, FBC)
Wisconsin (6-2-2, Beast)
UDub (5-2-2, Smack)*
Oregon (4-2-2, Smack)**

* = 1 game left
** = 2 games left

Brosius: Looks like a few teams are gonna be disappointed when the bowls are announced.

Killer: But which onesss, I wonder? It seemsss that the teamsss with at least eight winsss are locksss, but the fourth ssspot could come down to one team with ssseven winsss, and othersss with sssix.

Fouler: True, either Oregon or U-Dub could join Wisconsin with a 6-2-2 record in the end. However, they have to play each other first, in addition to Oregon playing their rival, Cal.

Killer: Not to mention the massive game between rivalsss Duke and Fla Ssst that remainsss to be played, asss well.

Brosius: Whoever wins that game will surely be voted the #1 team in the nation heading into the playoffs. And if Duke manages to win, they'll be the first team in NCBB history to have a truly undefeated regular season.

Fouler: That would be quite the accomplishment. I suppose whomever receives the #1 seed won't know their playoff opponent until the bowls are announced; do you guys think the polls and the voters will lean towards the 7-win Ottawa team? Or will a potential 6-win conference champ, with one less loss than Ottawa, snatch the fourth spot?

Killer: I believe that winning a conference will be enough of a bonusss to boost sssomeone into the final ssspot.

Brosius: Hold on, lizard-man, I'm going to disagree: Ottawa will finish with the fourth most wins in the nation, and therefor finish as the fourth best team in the polls.

Fouler: Well, however it shakes out, the next few weeks will be very interesting, to say the least. Until next time, thanks for joining us!

Don't drop the soap.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The crowd cheers as Julian Starr Image comes out of the dugout.

"Eh, you'll have to vote for us to be the 4th spot in the playoffs. You're never going to see another Junior Legend in NCBB. I run. I hit. I dodge, I smash, I take the ball and I never, ever give up. You want intensity? You want the BEST? Put me into the playoffs, and we'll take that Cup, and give it to someone who truly deserves it.

Me."
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, put Ottawa in the playoffs. It's fun making dead things scream and bleed.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ha, nice fluff. Julian Starr is an amazing pixel! Smile
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB Bowl Announcements
Season 34

With another regular season completed, the rankings have been finalized, the votes are in, and it's time to reveal who made the various bowl games! Without further delay, here they are:

McNurgle's Bowl
Indiana Horrors (Smack) (1-3-6) vs Northern Virginia CC Hawks (AKC) (0-1-8 )

The battle of the bad, two programs who haven't gone through graduation yet are still finding their way in the NCBB. Perhaps a rare taste of victory here can help start to turn things around.

Sponsor TBD Bowl I
USC Lady Trojans (NonAQ) (3-3-2) vs Illinois State Blackbirds (NonAQ) (4-0-3)

Two first-year programs who didn't get to play out their entire schedule get a consolation game against each other. Which team will be able to build some momentum for next season?

Gnarley-Raiderson Chain Saws Slaughter Bowl
CSU Northridge Matadors (NonAQ) (6-1-3) vs Washington Huskarls (NonAQ) (4-3-3)

Another NonAQ battle where both teams want to block as much as possible; which one will remember to also focus on the ball?

WaffleHouse Salty Tears Bowl
TCU Horned Rats (SCC) (3-3-4) vs California Golden Lizards (Big Beast) (3-4-3)

Oh how the mighty have fallen! Just last season, both these teams made the playoff, before meeting in an epic championship game! TCU doesn't even have a good enough record to qualify for a bowl, but they did technically win their conference, so they get a pass. Thus these two teams will face off for a third time in the last twelve games, with the winner taking the lead and bragging rights!

Famous Irrana Potata Bowl
Charlotte's Forty Normers (NonAQ) (4-4-1) vs U Pike Pain Bearers (NonAQ) (4-4-2)

Another battle of first-year teams! Neither has been easy to beat this season, but there shan't be any ties in this contest!

Fireball Fire Bowl
Oregon Waterfoul (Smack) (5-2-2) vs Illinois Valley CC Ranchers (SCC) (4-2-4)

The team with the best overall record from the SCC has a chance to earn some conference bragging rights when they take on the illustrious Oregon program in this bowl matchup!

Planter's Goober Bowl
Hawaii Warrielves (Smack) (4-4-2) vs Alabama Silver Tide (NonAQ) (5-0-5)

The Goober Bowl might need to be renamed as the 'Passing Bowl' this year, given that nation's premier passing program gets to take on a rising Bama team who likewise can air it out!

Wonderbra Wonder Bowl
SMU Mousestangs (Smack) (4-4-2) vs Bro-hio State Buckeyes (Smack) (4-3-3)

The final rematch bowl game gives SMU a chance to avenge the loss this season to Bro-hio. Expect a few more points this time around!

Imperial Colleges of Magic Wizard Bowl
Miami Ballhawks (FBC) (3-4-3) vs U-Dub Elfskies (Smack) (5-2-2)

The first ever 'theme bowl' for the NCBB, Miami gets a chance to redeem themselves after a sub-par season by their standards when they face a team they beat in the playoffs two seasons ago, the mighty U-Dub Elfskies.

Tossitos' Fiesta Bowl
Berea Bleeding Angels (Big Beast) (5-2-3) vs Saint Louis Billikens (FBC) (5-3-2)

Quietly, St Louis had a five win season, but no one knew about it because that's the fourth best record in their own conference! Likewise, Berea managed five wins but was only third in the Beast; maybe this matchup should be called the 'No Respect Bowl'?

DedEx Orange Bowl
Fayetteville Bronchospasms (Big Beast) (5-3-2) vs Mz State Bull Dawgz (AKC) (6-1-3)

Fayetteville won the Beast but will have their hands full with a team that tangled with two playoff teams (and beat one of them). The Dawgz are on the upswing again, and this is their chance to announce to the nation that they are ready for another title hunt.

Uluthan's Rose Bowl
Ottawa Bee-Bees (FBC) (7-0-3) vs Um, G'olden Go For Its! (FBC) (6-1-3)

Both of these teams had cases to make for inclusion into the playoffs, but the FBC will have to settle for putting two teams into the Granddaddy of them all! The scenic venue will host to these two excellent teams, who get a chance to prove that they will be ready to be in the top four next season.

BCS National Championship Semifinal I
#2 UC San Dogo Krytens (AKC) (8-0-2) vs #3 [NCBB] FlaSt Delfinoles (AKC) (8-0-2)

The first playoff semifinal features not only two teams from the same conference, but also with identical records! When they played previously this season, UC SD ended up winning, which ultimately helped them win the conference title. But that won't matter if the Delfinoles turn the tables this time around!

BCS National Championship Semifinal II
#1 Duke Blue-Green Devils (FBC) (10-0-0) vs #4 U of Wisconsin Rat-Grrrrs (Big Beast) (6-2-2)

Wisconsin sneaks into the last playoff spot ahead of the other hopefuls, only to find themselves facing a monumental challenge: knocking off the only team to have a perfect regular season in NCBB history! Duke has already beaten down these upstarts once this season, and clearly they will be expected to again! But crazier things have happened in college bloodbowl, so this could be one epic game!

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on Apr 28, 2020 - 02:10; edited 1 time in total
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2020 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

All Eyes on: WaffleHouse Salty Tears Bowl aka The Cry-Baby Bowl

TCU Horned Rats (SCC) (3-3-4) vs California Golden Lizards (Big Beast) (3-4-3)

A lot of tears have already been shed before the match even startet. California, last year's Championship finalist versus TCU, running champion... back to back. And now they meet in the WaffleHouse? But nothing is as bitter as the heroic songs of NCBB's past. So let's not waste our time with wrong-headed nostalgia and take a look at the current state of their programs.

California Golden Lizards

The Lizards look very beefy. A 14-men roster, six Glorious Lustrian Visitors (GLV) accompanied by a Kroxigor, five Skink Runners and two Chameleon Skinks.
The Krox and two GLV are Freshmen with one skill each, another Sophomore GLV hasn't developed more than that as well. Two more GLV sport three skills (one more Sophomore and a Junior), while the star on the GLV squad is for sure Alex Funches, a Red-Scale Junior with Mighty Blow, Block, Frenzy and Break Tackle. He combines muscles and manoeuvrability and is a huge pain for any opposing team. He's the current CAS leader on the team with 22, more than double the amount than the next man up (10 CAS).
Looking at the Skinks, there are a number of fellas with defensive positioning skills like Side Step or Diving Tackle (or both). The Chameleon Skinks bring some additional defensive value with pass block and shadowing, which can be of good use against TCU. But these are all replacable players, trained to get into the way to stop the opponent from scoring or die trying. The offensively trained Skink Runners McCallan Castles and Kyle Harmon on the other hand show some talent extraordinaire. Castles is a true coach's favourite, as he doesn't need much input or guidance to do his thing. A very confident Freshman. Harmon is fast, freakin'-fast to be precise. The Red-Scale Sophomore can literally bridge half of the pitch in the blink of an eye.

Golden Lizards to keep an eye on (if you can) for the upcoming WaffleHouse Salty Tear Bowl:
Saurus Alex Funches
Skink Runners McCallan Castles and Kyle Harmon

TCU Horned Rats

The Horned Rats had to let go their Golden Generation after last year's championship win. Among these players have been J. Broadnax Jr., a Rat Ogre "you only get once in your lifetime... if you're lucky!" according to coach FRSHMN, the Championship Game's MVP and Lizardmen-nightmare J. Johnson and others.
But despite these graduations, TCU is still packed with more talent... although they were not able to show it this season. For example, there's Sophomore quarterback Justin Rogers with AG5 and Safe Throw. Alongside him TCU has the luxury of another outstanding quarterback, Alex Delton, Ag5 and Leader of the Rat Pack. To make best use of these talents, TCU has spared no expenses to get them the receivers they deserve: four more players with AG4 make them look like what some call "The furry Hawaii of NCBB".
But TCU was always at best when "Dash" was accompanied by an equal amount of "Bash". This season only Freshman Rat Ogre Parker Workman delievered in that category with 8 CAS. Next rat up is Blitzer Daimarqua Foster with 5 CAS. He wants to be known as "the Black Rat", but on the quiet they all call him "Rat with a glass jaw" due to his lack of consistancy and ability to take blows.
The rest of the pack is line fodder and road blocks... lot's of them... and all expendable.

Horned Rats to keep an eye on for the upcoming WaffleHouse Salty Tear Bowl:
Thrower Justin Rogers
Gutter Runner Alex Delton
Rat Ogre Parker Workman

Predictions for the WaffleHouse Salty Tears Bowl

It's gonna be a nailbiter right from the start, with exactly one score per half, 1:1 at the end of regular game time. In overtime, both teams keep on going toe to toe, until the lack of rerolls takes a toll. The Lizards fail and the Rats avail. 2:1 for TCU after OT, and the begin of a bitter rivalry.

WaffleHouse Salty Tears Bowl kicks off today at 2100 server time.

Edit: Two logos, which one's the better? Make your choice!
 Jump to: