18 coaches online • Server time: 07:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so new Ogre teams, with Disposable, are just about guaranteed to come in too small to get a game except against train-wrecked teams and fellow Ogres. How do we fix this? Is there a way for Disposable not to count (er, for the 20k for each Snotling to count) when it comes to setting up matches? Or just to add a certain amount (140k?) to each Ogre team for matchmaking purposes only?

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Alternately, we could (probably more easily) set all teams under 1,000k to 1,000k for matchmaking purposes only. This would let people bring skinny teams to non-RRR rookie matches.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sub 1k counts as 1k is a bad idea.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Please explain.

But there are just a ton of ways to do this.

What about "for Ogre teams, add 20k per Gnoblar to determine effective TV for matchmaking purposes"?

Or even just add 100k to effective matchmaking TV for Ogre teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

For higher TV teams, I definitely wouldn't want anything added. It's bad enough getting matched against a 1300 or 1400 tv team; don't need to be matched against a 1500-1700 tv dwarf team instead.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Please explain.

But there are just a ton of ways to do this.

What about "for Ogre teams, add 20k per Gnoblar to determine effective TV for matchmaking purposes"?

Or even just add 100k to effective matchmaking TV for Ogre teams.

For a number of reasons sub 1k is bad:
If you push it over every race, there are a number for whom starting at 850 or less is viable and gives an increased chance of a stunty box draw in your scenario, or an okay draw vs any other 1k team with inducements (dwarves and zons are in here). This creates downwards pressure in the TV of the box.

In terms of stunty only - running a halfling team (as an example) at 650-800k forever becomes extremely simple in the situation above, and running multiple instances of fling teams to simply noobjack forever is a real possibility. Stunties are not at all weak in this situation, and nobody envisaged your stunties playing only vs rookies forever. I actually believe that stunties in general are unsuited to TV-MM as a core of their design - they're not made to be competitive, but so you can play in a league with your new-to-BB mates and not crush them 3-0+ every game with tier 1 teams.

Adding TV is silly as well, since the number of gnoblars on each ogre team is variable.

The solution, and it's simple in terms of theory, is for disposable to do nothing to external TV, but to deduct from TV in-client. I would suggest the reason Christer has not done this is basically because there are far more pressing things than this change to be made. I know he's aware of the issue because I (and I bet many others) have mentioned it to him already, and frankly, because it's a rather obvious issue.