33 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+1 Armor or +1 Move?
+1 Armor, it can save his precious live
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
+1 move, obviously
92%
 92%  [ 24 ]
I'm jaleous, you keep rolling stat increases recently
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You might be more experienced than I am, but I have the feeling you undervalue diversity of skills and idealize a unique optimal built for each type of player.

In your explanation, you explained why a one turner build benefit from having +1 strength. It's great and will help building better one turner. But it doesn't mean it's the only build that can make sense for a wood elf catcher. One turner are great, but other roles can be given to such a fast moving player.

Someone's decision can be very rational with a clear logic behind it, but it's not sufficient to make it the only decision that makes senses. Several logics can cohexist and be has valuable.

To win at bloodbowl, you need to score more TD than your opponent, therefore, improving your capacity to score yourself with a good one-turner is efficient... But developping a player that can easilly put a tackle zone or blitz his opponent ball carrier anywhere on the field is also important, don't you think? And that considering winning as the objective, but having fun with a certain type of play might be another objective.

Therefore, by explaining your logic, and the reasons behind your choices you help the other to build his own opinion, you help him intergrate your expertise into his own playstyle and objective... It's so much more valuable than choosing for him.

PS) And no, you did not explain why sidestep is so superior to Jump-up. As I saw many different situations where both skills can be useffull, I don't find it that obvious in general.I would therefore appreciate if you can develop why you think sidestep is superior to jump up, at least on a woodelfe catcher.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Side Step is better because:

1) helps chainpushing the Catcher when trying to 1ttd thus avoiding a GFI and generally speaking makes 1ttd easier;
2) helps to move along the side lines protected by a half cage without the fear of being pushed out of the pitch;
3) helps marking an opponent player/marking the ball on the pitch without being easily pushed away from the opponent player/ball;
4) helps chainpushing the Catcher when marked by an opponent without risking a dodge;
5) with a push he can gain 1 square to score if needed and also, Side Step may discourage blocking him because he could be pushed in a bad position for the opponent, that is a sort of "protection";
6) gives a little degree of control on the ball scatter when the Catcher carrying it is knocked down;
7) reduces the blocks suffered because Side Step can be used to be pushed to a square where the Catcher is not blocked by another opponent.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MarckusOfCamlan wrote:
You might be more experienced than I am, but I have the feeling you undervalue diversity of skills and idealize a unique optimal built for each type of player.

Correct.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If that were true, this WD of mine would have Mighty Blow instead of Pass:
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12475154
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 28, 2020 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one. Thanks for your answer.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2020 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers. Smile
 Jump to: