47 coaches online • Server time: 19:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It is done. 150 games played between the two teams

---

Mamma Mia Spaghetti Boys coached by Lasgalen finished with a 8/10/32 record.

Wins vs Orcs, Chaos Renegades, Chaos Chosen, Underworld Denizens(x2, both versus me), Norse, Nurgle and Necromantic Horror.

Highest spp player was Kadda Craving, the troll, at 108spp but his cas record is less than 1 per 2 games.

Las' best player was probably Insean in the Membrawn, a goblin with Block, Mighty Blow, Horns and Claw who only played 39 games but scored the same amount of cas as the troll.

Las did not get to play versus Elven Union, High Elf, Lizardmen, Ogres, Slann, Tomb Kings or Wood Elves

---

Norfolk's Given, coached by me, finished with a 36/22/43 record

Wins vs Chaos Renegades (x3), Goblins (x5), Lizardmen, Dark Elves (x2), Chaos Dwarfs (x2), Halfling (x3), Nurgle, Chaos Chosen (x3), Skaven, Human (x2), Norse, Ogre (x4), Dwarf, Tomb Kings (x2), Orc, Undead (x3), Wood Elves

I managed to raise 2 players to legend:
Fanky McWinner, 260spp and a lose ball's worst nightmare. Died to a failed apoth.
I Worship Neil, 225spp troll with all the kit you'd want an underworld troll to have. In game 100 he has his equal best casualty total with 4.

Honourable mention to Phil Nosesplatta who died on 169spp.

I did not get to play versus Amazon or High Elf

What did I learn?

I think I came into this challenge in a unique position having played predominantly stunty for my FUMBBL career. Couple this with some great skills on the troll and some +ag rolls on the goblin and I was in a good position from early on. A further advantage came from my realisation that a lot of coaches do not know how to play against stunty teams that can reliably dodge. Time and time again, my opponent would base my players, only for my two headed goblins to dodge away to wherever they pleased. Then my opponent would chase them and base them and the cycle would repeat.

Sideline caging was my friend too. This is a tactic I normally use with ogres: stand firm on the bigs and sidestep on the snots makes it so obvious. Again, a lot of coaches were unwilling to risk the cage dive and then, unless you're either marking the ball carrier with tentacles or diving tackle, he's 2+ dodging away. A useful tactic in these situations is to build a literal wall of players so that your opponent cannot dodge through. LeroyBrown used this against me a few times to good effect.

Hats off go to Tumbledown Terry who pulled off some brazen cage dives and usually freed up the ball.

Two heads is a phenomenal skill on goblins, arguably better than +ag as it's half the cost and you only need one (maybe two) carriers.

Show me the money!

For ease, I converted everything into euros, as that's the most used eurpoean currency.

Over the past month, we have raised 918.91€.

Here's where it came from:

Mattius 5€ (pledged for each dead or permed chaos, chaos dwarf or nurgle player. We managed 0 but their minimum pledge was 5€)

razmus 10€ (sponsored two players)

C0ddlefish 20€ (sponsored one player with 5€ more if they reached 31spp and 10€ more if they reached 51spp. RIP Phil)

Java 36€ (33 turn 16 fouls, twice did it stop the team scoring, once did it change a win to a draw

stowelly 76€ (two sponsored players and matched Java's pledge)

wintergreen13 15€ (three sponsored players)

Ryld 5€ (one sponsored player)

csk73 $10 (two sponsored players)

Jopotzuki 19€ (Pledged 3€ if a match was won 3-0, 4€ if was won 4-0: 3-0 win, 3-0 win, 4-0 win, 3-0 win, 3-0 win, 3-0 win

wallenstein 10€ (two sponsored players)

SeventyOne 14€ (1€ per foul kill or perm)

Matthueycamo 1€ (1€ per eaten goblin, happened here

DrDeath 5€ (one sponsored player)

DrClaes 44€ (1€ per win + 1€ if I won when we played)

neilwat £8 (one sponsored player, £1 for a killed amazon, £2 for various wagers)

coolkojo $5 (one sponsored player)

Sweep12121 £10 (two sponsored players)

Wozzaa $6 (one sponsored player)

Anonymous donor £63

LeroyBrown $100

Wrinkles $5 (one sponsored player)

bloodfeast $2 (beating him in game)

BeanBelly $6 (one sponsored player plus $1 if they died with a perm)

grrrreindeer 15€ (one sponsored player plus they helped in 10 gang fouls)

natsirdtm 20€ (four sponsored players)

jdmickleburgh 28€ (1€ per BLITZ kick off result when Lasgalen is receiving and 5€ per SI that namesake player takes)

garyt1 5€ (one sponsored player)

Fanky 20€ (one sponsored player plus extra for making legend, never going on LOS and eventually dying)

CrookfangRob 11€ (one sponsored player plus 2€ per game they play)

sokeeffe 5€ (one sponsored player)

CCSenor 5€ (one sponsored player)

pedro_fgomes 10€ (two sponsored players)

det 18€ (one sponsored player and extra for them getting certain spp levels)

Sebco 50€ (1€ for every cas I Worship Neil caused past a certain number)

Lasgalen 10€ (for bribing poor det to sponsor his troll)

MrCushtie $41 ($1 per kill)

PaddyMick 18€ (two sponsored player and extra for them scoring TDs)

Datom 16€ (2€ everytime a player says GG before turn 14)

fallingdownjoe 5€ (one sponsored player)

Dorfeus 58.5€ (1€ per win, 0.5€ per draw)

YuriSloerie 5€ (one sponsored player)

spinball $5 (we didn't manage to kill any claw mb players, apart from the one on Las' team who died, but they kindly had a minimum donation of $5)

neubau 9€ (one sponsored player plus 1€ for every 10 games they survive)

Weresquid 41€ (1€ per kill)

SavageJ 5€ (one sponsored assistant coach)

johniemi78 $10

Kam 5€ (for winning one round of the fling xfl)

Midas_Touch $13.93 (one sponsored player and £3 extra per skill)

Manzoo 10€ (two sponsored players)

---

I don't think either Lasgalen or I had any expectations when we started out doing this. We both love the site and the community and wanted a way to give back. What has been staggering is how many other coaches have chipped in. From coaches we speak to every day on discord, to coaches I have never interacted with before, I hope this has been a unifying project with coaches coming together to play blood bowl and celebrate this truly wonderful thing that Christer and all of the other staff have given us. When I first joined the site someone described it as the nicest place on the internet. We may have our moments but I still believe that statement is true. It is wonderful that people from all across the world, who may not share a language or anything in common, can unite over this stupid game that we all love.

---

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow at 21.00 bbtime as the two fundraiser teams go head to head to destroy each other.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to y'all for being part of fumbbl.

Thanks to JD for taking me on board for this run, I wish I had played more but work piled right after covid stuff so I only landed 50 games.

Tbf I learned I have to learn more! I won games I wasn't supposed to, I lost games I might have tied at least with some guts.
The most difficult part was not having control on players XD I had a couple of them with leap very few with positional skills.

Anyway that was fun and I suggest anyone to join the box with some spirit and with the will of have a laugh WITH your oppo because that was the most important thing when I was short on things to do on the pitch!

Thanks fumbbl.
sebco

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:

Sebco 50€ (1€ for every cas I Worship Neil caused past a certain number)

Just paid!

I sometimes looked at some of your games to see if I Worship Neil would be seriously injuried (or better, oups... worse! Very Happy ) but he was a solid troll. Sometimes knocked out, sometimes even missing games but always back with all his potential.

Cheers to both of you and cheers to FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Paid!

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:

Java 36€ (33 turn 16 fouls, twice did it stop the team scoring, once did it change a win to a draw

I'll watch that replay!

I think it all got messed up a bit, I pledged in dollar, but then I stated my maximum amount in pounds, and now you're asking me to give euros Very Happy

anyway, paid!
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to see i only have to pay 5 Euros! Thanks for such a great effort. Paid, if you need a receipt etc just pm me!
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill donate $5 a death for tomorrow’s game ($15 mininum)
spinball

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

donated, I was hoping that you'd get a few more, but alas
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Paid! Are you going to retire them after the next match, or carry on til Neil gets permanently injured?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure yet, depends on Neil entirely as he's the only unique player

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

donated!!!!

thanks you guys for doing this!
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

this was an amazing thing, such incredible run both of you
CrookfangRob

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done lads. Don't know what I'm going to watch when I'm supposed to be working now.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a badge for this. I'd think both your teams would get it.

100% Class: raise $1000 US for FUMBBL.

918 Euro = 1030 USD. Welcome to the club!

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent job, lads! 50 USD sent through paypal!
 Jump to: