50 coaches online • Server time: 14:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2020 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:

Orcs are massively overrated in tournament play. They are a bad team because they are slow and there are plenty of stats that show this. Give them a human thrower and a catcher and they would go through the roof. Same for dwarfs, even if they are somewhat better than orcs to begin with.
I always figured the orc stats were skewed by the fact that most new players play orcs
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2020 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
I always figured the orc stats were skewed by the fact that most new players play orcs

They probably are, but it is only part of the story.

We have buffed the orcs significantly in Denmark for many years and they still don’t really perform too well. The current level is 8 skills vs 6 skills for top tier and there are no complaints about it. One year they got 7+1(double) and I was the only one involved with making the rules that thought that it was too much, and even though all the Danish Power players had played the team for a year I struggled to make a data based case for a nerf.
I actually think the impact of the n00b effect is smaller than I have thought for years, but I have not done any real analysis on it. So it is of cause big part speculation.

the World Cup Rules orc stats are remarkable and the general stats are also very bad. Only the wonder kid really does well with them. Smile
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, exciting, OWA has been added to the Racial Strategies and Team Rosters.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i did that today, icons aren't done yet, and this doesn't mean it is out now. But not long to wait.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

dont worry, I can wait! haha
spinball

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2020 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So when does this release again? I have been having a difficult time finding it?
Mojiko

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2020 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Spike! and teams are out Saturday the 11th
spinball

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2020 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mojiko wrote:
The Spike! and teams are out Saturday the 11th

thanks!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2020 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm,

With the combination of Loner and Animosity this may be the first team I choose not to use. Perhaps use all humans and dwarf linemen or even the slayer. But even then your rerolls will be used almost exclusively for the humans since you don't want to waste them on loners.

I am not sure I like the Old World Alliance.

Last edited by Kondor on Jul 11, 2020 - 08:54; edited 1 time in total
spinball

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if it is okay to post the roster yet, but if someone gets the issue and can PM me the list I would appreciate it.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The spike is hilarious. They suggest a roster with no human catcher or thrower and a second with no ogre. And then for the progression they say it is hard to give advice for how to develop the team.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Should just throw together any 2 random sprues , give everyone either animosity or loner. Could get some interesting mixes.

Lizard/High elf anyone ?

Java

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

spinball wrote:
So when does this release again? I have been having a difficult time finding it?

Just go to the official blood bowl Facebook page
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6OldworldSetUp

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't Old World Alliance a team from a very early Blood Bowl edition? Not just a random thought bubble?

Bobs wrote:
Should just throw together any 2 random sprues , give everyone either animosity or loner. Could get some interesting mixes.

Lizard/High elf anyone ?

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: