50 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested in joining the Cyberpunk Draft League?
Yes, I want a cyborg with claws!
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Yes as staff (write me a pm)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Nah, I prefer pies!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Hovring

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyberpunk draft league
I’m working on a fast team development draft league set in cyberpunk world, where you will never be more than 6 games away from claiming a title. I will need both players and someone to help me run the league.

Please answer the poll, just to let me know if I should move forward with this Smile

The first draft of rules below will be up for discussion, first amongst the staff and after a few seasons with all members.

League structure.
The league will have either 8 or 16 team to start with.

Each round robin tournament is counted both as a position round for the current season and a preliminary round for next season as shown in the 16 player example below.

Example: Ecologist finished season 1 as winners of the runners up group earning a 5th place for the season. As group winners they will be in the Winners group in season 2. In season 2 they win the group, the title and a place in the Winners group in season 3. Bad luck and poor decisions results in Ecologists being last in season 3, earning them an overall 4th place and a place in the Group of 4s the following season.

You get 1 point for winning, tie breaker is tds then cas.

This structure leads to many seasons and therefore many trophies. Competing for most trophies and the highest team score will bring you honor. Team score is calculated based on the last 5 seasons, with the more recent seasons weighting most.

Game rules
- Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.
- Right Stuff prevents Tackle skill when blocked.
- Sneaky Git functions as Guard on foul assists.
- Banned Sneaky Git players are sent to the KO box instead.
- Inducements are enabled.

Team development
After each season a draft pool is created (2 per team + free agents picked last season + number of players retired from aging). There will be different player types, with no restrictions to how many of each you pick. Each player type will have high and low value players and a calculated value used for TV. On average the drafted players will have a value between 100k and 120k. The draft pools consist of:
    5/16 blockers – (inspiration black orc blockers / dwarf blockers without tackle)
    3/16 blitzers – (inspiration orc/human blitzer, with either block, wrestle or juggernaut)
    3/16 catchers – (inspiration is human/high elf catchers, on average more av8 and ma7, all have catch)
    2/16 throwers – (inspiration is human/elven thrower with more skills)
    3/16 special players – cyborgs (mutation or as big guys), secret weapon, stunties…

The draft order is winner of Group of 4th starts, then runner up etc. After Group of 4th have picked then it’s the winner of Group of 3th then runner up etc. Then runner up Groups and last is Winner group. See example below.

This draft order gives incentives to win your group as well as balance teams.

You can draft as many players as you like, but you will need to fire to hire. If you lose players during the season the undrafted players will be available as free agents free for taking at any time.

Each team will have 3 rrs and one apo. Some fluff with cheerleaders and assisting coaches might be added.

Player development
Cyberpunk blood bowl is a tough game with short careers and a high learning curve. Therefore, aging and post season training is a part of the league.

After each age a player gets 1 season older and adds 7 spp from post season training. After their 5th season they get the negatrait “decay”. After their 8 season they retire.
Also, players don’t miss games they get drugged, hence all MNGs are deleted – perms stay.

New teams
32 players are rolled per team. It is randomly decided who picks first and whoever starts first will be last in the next round. If more than 6 new teams are rolled you will be in draft groups of 3-4 players each, this is to speed up the draft process.

Your new players will be randomly assigned an age and spp that corresponds to that age (7 per age from age 2). Age distribution is as follow:
-3 of each: Age 1 and 2
-2 of each: Age 3, 4, 5 and 6
-1 of each: Age 7 and 8

2 randomly unpicked players per team go to the free agent pool as rookies.

Replacement/dropout
Between season replacement: New teams enter the league in group of 4s. If the retired team is not in group of 4s the highest ranked using team score to the group of the retired team, that process is repeated until all groups are filled.

Midseason droput: If a team drops out midseason none of the games against him/her will count. Perms and spp will be kept.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. What players will you be drafting? Humans only? What skill access?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds unique, im in
Hovring

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
Interesting. What players will you be drafting? Humans only? What skill access?

As written in the rather long outline for the league, this is the types of players.
    5/16 blockers – (inspiration black orc blockers / dwarf blockers without tackle)
    3/16 blitzers – (inspiration orc/human blitzer, with either block, wrestle or juggernaut)
    3/16 catchers – (inspiration is human/high elf catchers, on average more av8 and ma7, all have catch)
    2/16 throwers – (inspiration is human/elven thrower with more skills)
    3/16 special players – cyborgs (mutation or as big guys), secret weapon, stunties…

I'm building a random generator creating these players. So far blitzer, blockers and throwers are build. The special players might be more custom made, since they will be a major part of the fluff.

Here are some examples from the player generators:

The player generator will need tweaks, but I need a second or even third eye on that, which is part of why I'm also looking for someone to work on this with me.
Hovring

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2020 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The league is gonna happen, starting out with 8 players – if more people have interest, I will need another staff member. My goal is to start within a few weeks.

I'll set up a discord server later today as well as create the group. At first there will be a general, rules discussion, draft and fluff channel. I encourage everyone to contribute with their thoughts.
Hovring

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2020 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Discord is up https://discord.gg/87NUGz
Group page is up https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=13520&op=view

It's all a work in progress. But feel free to join discord now and sign on, first 8 gets a spot.
WeRsley

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2020 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=posting&mode=editpost&p=753427

Last edited by WeRsley on Dec 29, 2020 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
WeRsley

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2020 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Replacement/dropout
Between season replacement: New teams enter the league in group of 4s. If the retired team is not in group of 4s the highest ranked using team score to the group of the retired team, that process is repeated until all groups are filled.

Midseason droput: If a team drops out midseason none of the games against him/her will count. Perms and spp will be kept.
 Jump to: