41 coaches online • Server time: 11:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I was demoted to 10th Sad
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but your epic Ogre run is gonna fix that, right? Wink
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4172872
not so sure Smile

Worst combination a Strip ball and a Tackle mighty blow WD combined with 4 pickup fails
fxiii

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

just finished my 3rd run, hee haa !!

Lizards: 17-8-0, racial lead shared for now ! great run, got ag4 skink after game 1 and things went well since we had a couple of blockers... we end with 111 spp on the skink, he took everything !!

Skavens 17-6-2, far from racial lead but still good job here... no claws or ma10 gutters made it a bit more complicated as usual :p

Halflings: 14-5-6 racial lead, great job !! i really enjoyed playing them, even if every game is so complicated !! get block early on both trees and a +ma that helped... need to try if i can roll an ag+ catcher, this could be an awesome combo !!

Ogres: 13-4-8, not really great but it's ogres !! lot of high and low with this team !! so many things to say... started 8-1-0 then problems started ! met only elves and skavens (and sometimes, coached by top coaches!) and so lost so many games... an ag4 blodger can beat ogres so easily... fun thing with disposable, you play with a free wizard almost every game (or jobbo+bomber but they died a lot under my coaching :p)
ended with -40 cas average on 25 game, oof !!

global score 61-23-16 so 72.5% is cool, +2.5 for unused points and +3 for 2 racial leads so 78+10= 88 so a tied 3rd place, yeah !!

not sure if i'll keep that bronze medal, if Storr comes back and finishes his amazing run, he might take it all !! congratulations too to Lautrehamon, first coach to achieve 4 runs !!!

time to start my 4th squad !!
Storr

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2020 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing job with the flings! Really impressive!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2020 - 22:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

571 squads = 2,284 teams. This thing is enormous.

Can a talented artist please make some bling (or a talented googler please pillage some)?

I suggest trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and races.

Also top10 awards like they did with ARR (I miss ARR)

And a t-shirt for all squads who complete the 100

And if anyone can track it: Cas and TD awards for teams and squads.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2020 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome run fxiii! The air is reeeeally thin at the top...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2020 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

About next Trophy season: how many points will OWA cost, 1 or 2?
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2020 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:
just finished my 3rd run, hee haa !!

Lizards: 17-8-0, racial lead shared for now ! great run, got ag4 skink after game 1 and things went well since we had a couple of blockers... we end with 111 spp on the skink, he took everything !!

Skavens 17-6-2, far from racial lead but still good job here... no claws or ma10 gutters made it a bit more complicated as usual :p

Halflings: 14-5-6 racial lead, great job !! i really enjoyed playing them, even if every game is so complicated !! get block early on both trees and a +ma that helped... need to try if i can roll an ag+ catcher, this could be an awesome combo !!

Ogres: 13-4-8, not really great but it's ogres !! lot of high and low with this team !! so many things to say... started 8-1-0 then problems started ! met only elves and skavens (and sometimes, coached by top coaches!) and so lost so many games... an ag4 blodger can beat ogres so easily... fun thing with disposable, you play with a free wizard almost every game (or jobbo+bomber but they died a lot under my coaching :p)
ended with -40 cas average on 25 game, oof !!

global score 61-23-16 so 72.5% is cool, +2.5 for unused points and +3 for 2 racial leads so 78+10= 88 so a tied 3rd place, yeah !!

not sure if i'll keep that bronze medal, if Storr comes back and finishes his amazing run, he might take it all !! congratulations too to Lautrehamon, first coach to achieve 4 runs !!!

time to start my 4th squad !!

well done fxiii
fxiii

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2020 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys, i probably used to much luck to realize this, i pay back to nuffle with my 4th squad horrible start Very Happy
Murskapate

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

- Total Team Cost: 7 (down from 9)

I wish this was higher. 8 would be optimal in my view.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2020 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there still a link anywhere to the results from the 1st and 2nd trophy? I'm keen to see if I'm better or worse off this time around...

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2020 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Though not in the competition to show off the biggest (bbt score, Red), I can annouce completion of my 2nd run.
66 points total score with Chaos (9-8-8 ), Humans (11-7-7), UW (10-6-9) and Vamps (11-9-5). Chaos was so not worth its cost, while vamps performed great. Humans and UW as expected.
For 3rd run we go green: Orcs, Nurgle, Slann and Gobbos.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally finished my run at 76.5 points and currently holding one racial lead, which puts me in 23rd place with 54 days to go (or 16th place if you only count the best entry for each coach). I deliberately picked this squad as a “fun squad” because I didn’t want to put myself under performance pressure. But then I started off really great, and of course I started to get ambitious, setting my eyes on the Top20 or the title of “best German coach”. But then people started posting ever more unreal scores and my Humans hit a brick wall and thus, my ambitions were unceremoniously buried. I think it’s still a respectable score (65% win rate overall), though looking at other coaches’ scores this season, it’s nothing to write home about. I did take the momentary racial lead with Darkies which is pretty cool, now have to hope for DrDeath to somehow still drop 2.5 points in his final 9 games. Here’s the breakdown of the individual teams:

Dark Elves: 19-4-2 (84%), 23.5 points. My favourite roster, wanted to take them anyway so saving 1 point in the budget was just a nice add-on. Rolled no spectacular skills and played half the run with Loners, always one bad game away from disaster, but somehow the bad game never came, and instead I pulled off some pretty lucky victories. Currently racial leader and the coaches behind me on the leaderboard read like the who-is-who of Fumbbl, so I made a mark! 23.5 points is pretty solid but still might not be enough to keep it.

Chaos Dwarves: 14-7-4 (70%), 20 points. Had a slow start with these guys, otherwise might have been able to set my eyes on the racial lead here as well. Got some Claw and a +AG Hobbo early on and once the Blockers skilled up, the team became pretty terrifying. Picked them over Undead because I thought they would be more challenging and I wouldn’t be putting myself under so much pressure to get a good score, which I guess worked out and the score is alright for CDs, currently 2 points behind racial lead.

Humans: 13-4-8 (60%), 17.5 points. Rolled +AG on a Blitzer first skill and started off 9-1-0, but afterwards just hit a brick wall. The Blitzer developed into a 9348 monster which was awesome but also at low TV meant that if I couldn’t get the mileage out of him, the deck was stacked against me. And I guess some of the karma from my Dark Elf run eventually caught up with me. Took some maulings around the middle of the run and never managed to get back to having a bench, which didn’t help. Some stinging losses, one of them to Goblins and another to Flings. But managed to finish on a high note with two wins so the score isn’t too terrible, if you factor in the budget it’s effectively equal to the CDs.

Halflings: 9-5-11 (46%), 14 points. I’ve had some good results with Flings in the past and hoped these little guys would be fun. But playing them in the Trophy felt like quite a struggle, especially when some close matches where I fought really hard for my chances turned into losses on a 1 in 9 fail. At times I couldn’t bring myself to activate them. But I did roll an MA3 Block Tree and, very late in the run, an AG4 Catcher, kept struggling, and in the end, got a nice enough score out of them. Actually, they did better than the Humans and CDs if you consider the budget!

Last edited by Verminardo on Aug 10, 2020 - 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at these scores it strikes me that the 2.5 points per point of unspent budget equal 10% win rate. When the Trophy was still 200 games it was half that. This means 40% win rate with Flings is equal to 50% with Underworld, 60% with Norse or 70% with Chaos Dwarves. Having done 70% with CDs I feel that was harder than any of the others sound. Christy's Trophy stats back that up, the top 3 races for adjusted score are Underworld, Slann and Ogre. In the top half, there is only one Tier 1 team (Undead), but all the Tier 3 and Tier 4 teams except Goblins (which missed it by three spots).

Not sure this a case of "working as intended", maybe the bonus for unspent budget, like the racial lead, should go down to 1.5 next season? Also looks more neat if you like symmetry.
 Jump to: