73 coaches online • Server time: 22:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Good points Dan, the majority of players are probably aligned in the same way

BB trophy could be parked or retired, it has little relevance now in shaping player behaviour, which was the original goal
It could still be used to reward sprints or something
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I would be in favour of C being a fresh start and it being the home of CR calculations. All R and B teams currently get moved to League with an option for the coach to move them to C if they wish.

League then also gets a scheduler as well as C.

Allow the League scheduler to accept custom league/ruleset teams (only play vs same league) and allow commishes to apply a TV limit and I'd call that a deal. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

BB trophy could be parked or retired, it has little relevance now in shaping player behaviour, which was the original goal

Eh? Why retire BBT?

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BBT would be solid in this. Take you through 1 redraft and most of the way to the next, then 5 games to ready for a major if the team looks suited. Sweet.

Especially with an option to redraft teams to 1000k and no old players and join hardcore to start it.

Only ever need like 28 teams then, trophy run them as you need, all good. Lost your good players? Reset for a trophy run. Woo!

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

Original goal? If you really think that you should go back and read the actual first season rules.

It's morphed into something else, it can simply be adjusted again. If anything, another reward for winning can only be a positive in a competitive division.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 11:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think, whatever values are chosen, it would make sense for the Trophy and a Season to have the same number of games and for trophy runs to last exactly 1 season for each team.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:00
FUMBBL Staff

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
The whole point of the rules is to stop you retaining key players. You see "key player" on your newly trimmed team, others see "farmed superstar who makes a minmax team function". Each time you retain a key player your treasury cost goes up but eventual TV after rebuy goes down. All you in effect would do is create bigger mismatches, push a minmax meta harder than the actual rules (while it will push TV down, most teams will not be keep 4+ skill players on retainers for multiple seasons) and create an even more hostile environment for new teams.

I’m not sure I agree. I think mostly the season rules are to limit TV overall. The point of the ‘Agent Fee’ rules is to stop players carrying over indefinitely. I don’t think this proposal stops that from functioning, it just allows players to compete in likely 6 or 7 seasons before they retire rather than 2 or 3. With a shorter season that’s around 70 games with a few tournament matches thrown in. An 8th season would cost 140k per player. You aren’t getting many at that level. If you really had 1 absolute legend you could probably keep him for 10 seasons. For your first couple of seasons you should be able to keep most of your team (which is the case with 2016 season rules anyway).

It’s not entirely within the intent of the rules, but I think it’s in line with the spirit of them while also addressing what appears to be people’s main concern with them.

I dunno, I’m easy either way. As someone who plays infrequently a low TV limit suits me but it doesn’t appear to be favoured by (at least the most vocal) people

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

6 or 7 seasons? With picked skills? And you propose treasury only used for agency fees alongside this?

Wat.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just rip off the bandaid, Christer. Let teams stay competitive or leave to League. If they stay, reboot.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I am certainly one of the ' elephant in the room' coaches. I have a plethora of 'ready for tournament' teams parked indefinitely and playing major after major, xfl after xfl etc because tournaments is what I enjoy most in Fumbbl.

For now I won't discuss how is this unhealthy but rather what the new era will bring to tourneys. If I got how seasons work right, I play in one Xfl and then I have to redraf. So I will probably have to play my team X or 2xX (X=games per season) to get them ready for the next one
and so forth. Multiply that by 10-16 (the XFLs I usually play in a circle) and you get the total games and time I need to invest to play in the next circle. Is this 'halthier' than having to build the team once and play it every tournament?

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:52
FUMBBL Staff

Balle2000 wrote:
Just rip off the bandaid, Christer. Let teams stay competitive or leave to League. If they stay, reboot.

Not an impossible path to take and could end up being the case.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
I am certainly one of the ' elephant in the room' coaches. I have a plethora of 'ready for tournament' teams parked indefinitely and playing major after major, xfl after xfl etc because tournaments is what I enjoy most in Fumbbl.

For now I won't discuss how is this unhealthy but rather what the new era will bring to tourneys. If I got how seasons work right, I play in one Xfl and then I have to redraf. So I will probably have to play my team X or 2xX (X=games per season) to get them ready for the next one
and so forth. Multiply that by 10-16 (the XFLs I usually play in a circle) and you get the total games and time I need to invest to play in the next circle. Is this 'halthier' than having to build the team once and play it every tournament?

Simple. Take the blue pill and move to the League division. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is not what I will do but how this is healthier and better for the tournament scene 🙂

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Simple. Take the blue pill and move to the League division. Twisted Evil

What is this thing you got with coaches moving to the League division about anyway? Is your league recruiting right now, or?

And why frame it like a blue pill? I've been playing both in League and Box for many years. It's not like you have to pick just one.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like big teams, I love fluffy teams, I like majors.
And I don't believe seasons can be implemented soon enough. I am completely sold for the tv cap.

The competitive side of the game is one thing, and it should be tied as little as possible to the amount of time invested in the team.

The place for the crazy bloat teams is really League.

I do share the vision that recycling players does take away the fluffy side - as does the new leveling system - I do think the way people generally get attached to their 'special players' is also a reflection of the current dynamics.

Legends and statfreaks win you games, so obviously you love them. They rank up the top lists, so you cherish them.

The Meta changing means now the team matters, so all the fluffy side will be linked to the teams, too.

There's nothing stopping our imagination from running wild and build dynasties with their stories and stuff, while also making the actual game and Fumbbl a more welcoming and approachable place for casual/new players.
 Jump to: